PDA

View Full Version : Romo anyone?

BillsFanCupp38
11-15-2016, 08:12 PM
He could be available... Just a thought

Mace
11-15-2016, 08:15 PM
No.

He needs to not be running and not be getting hit. He'll go to an established passing offense and get hurt again anyway.

djjimkelly
11-15-2016, 08:15 PM
as a stop gap while we draft one.

id be interested. while tyrod played well against seattle that was his ceiling. which IMO is no where near good enough

Mace
11-15-2016, 08:17 PM
as a stop gap while we draft one.

id be interested. while tyrod played well against seattle that was his ceiling. which IMO is no where near good enough

But they still don't want a passer who can't get hit.

OpIv37
11-15-2016, 09:05 PM
No. No. **** No.

We've tried the stopgap retread in the past- Bledsoe, Holcomb, Fitz come to mind. It'll buy a few wins but not enough to right the ship.

Mace
11-15-2016, 09:31 PM
No. No. **** No.

We've tried the stopgap retread in the past- Bledsoe, Holcomb, Fitz come to mind. It'll buy a few wins but not enough to right the ship.

You forgot Orton, Thad Lewis, and the legendary Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Simms, and some guy I forgot in the early 2000's. We had some other guy more recently that I forgot too, though Jimmy Clausen hasn't been here yet.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2016, 09:33 PM
The roster is full of mobile QBs, so even entertaining the thought of bringing in any pocket passer, let alone Tony Romo is ridiculous.

He's injury prone, past his prime and simply doesn't fit here.

SpikedLemonade
11-15-2016, 10:23 PM
FU

Luisito23
11-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Haven't we had this convo before?...

pmoon6
11-16-2016, 01:41 AM
:rofl: at this thread.

Topas
11-16-2016, 03:56 AM
a few thoughts.
- if our O is so set on being run by a mobile QB and we cannot adjust, then it really makes no sense. But I think having such an inflexible O is stupid.
- I think Romo is way better than any of this stopgap QBs mentioned below. Also better than Bledsoe.
- Is Romo really that injury prone?

Actually I could imagine him here. But my problem is that this would lower our draft pick because we win more games and would extend Rex's stay here longer than needed. So I would pass. But not due to Romo not being good enough.

Novacane
11-16-2016, 06:37 AM
I'll take him for my fantasy team.

Mahdi
11-16-2016, 07:07 AM
If Romo were available and it would be do-able under the cap then we would be stupid not to get him.

He would take our offense to the next level. No one wanted Carson Palmer either after Oakland.

This is all assuming that Tyrod has proven he is not a franchise QB.

The Jokeman
11-16-2016, 07:28 AM
If Romo were available and it would be do-able under the cap then we would be stupid not to get him.

He would take our offense to the next level. No one wanted Carson Palmer either after Oakland.

This is all assuming that Tyrod has proven he is not a franchise QB.

Or he could become another Drew Bledsoe. The thing that worries me about Romo is inability to stay healthy and think our offensive line might not be as great as we think as sometimes Tyrod's athleticism allows him to avoid most QBs be sacked on. That said I'm not sold on Tyrod as a QB as think he's too slow to read things and lack of height prevents him from finding/making passing lanes in the middle of the field.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Romo is miles and miles better than Orton, Fitz, Holcomb, and the other retreads mentioned in this thread. That said, coming here would be a massive step down in both his OL and his receiving targets, and he gets so repeatedly and severely injured I'm worried the guy might die on the field. Plus he is expensive as hell because Dallas restructured him 50 times. So no.

trapezeus
11-16-2016, 10:51 AM
if I recall correctly, the way romo was hurt this time was what makes him seem so brittle. it wasn't a huge shot that he took. but the number of times his back has been an issue, there simply is no way to think you'll get a full season out of him. and if that's the case, it's not worth getting him, no matter how high the upside. that's how I would approach it.

Bill Cody
11-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Anyone that wants to can revisit this topic in the offseason. Romo has an untradeable contract. Inevitably he will be cut.

But I'll give you my take now anyway, NO. Dallas has the best OL in the league, leaps and bounds better than ours. And Romo gets hurt all the time. In my opinion Romo should retire, he's done. But I expect he won't, money is too good and he'll want a chance to win. A team like Denver makes some sense I guess. But my guess is it's not going to end well for him. Too bad, pretty good player.

SpikedLemonade
11-16-2016, 11:59 AM
I'll take him for my fantasy team.

I would not.

Then again, I am a winner.

Victor7
11-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Problem is his health. Playing behind one of the best OL in recent memory and he still got hurt. Take him to another team with a far less accomplished OL and its just an injury waiting to happen.

Obviously despite his age he would be better than TMobile any of the veterans we have brought in that have been mentioned in this thread already. So for that reason alone It'd be a no brainer.

The salary thing could probably be taken care off as Dallas will probably cut him, not trade him.

But his fragility looms large.

Joe Fo Sho
11-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Anyone that wants to can revisit this topic in the offseason. Romo has an untradeable contract. Inevitably he will be cut.
If the Cowboys cut him, they'll take on $19.6MM in dead cap. It's certainly possible to do that as they have a replacement that is locked into a 4th round rookie contract for the next 2 years. Must be nice to have a competent rookie QB. You're right though, no way any team is going to be willing to trade for him and take the last 3 years of his contract worth $54MM.

pmoon6
11-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Besides his injuries, Romo is a choke artist.

It's hard for me to believe some of you guys are talking about getting an oft injured older QB to replace Taylor.

Then again, you are Bills Zone mavens and your intellect is always in doubt.

CommissarSpartacus
11-16-2016, 05:01 PM
I would take Tony Romo here in a heartbeat.

The Bills would be crazy not to get him if it was doable.

His last injury wasn't his fault, he went down protecting the ball and a d lineman ...forget exactly who...fell on him with his full body weight. Definitely a deliberate attempt to injure. Broke his collarbone. Just bad luck.

Think about it. Ask yourself, what would Bill Belichick do if he had to replace Tom Brady? Would he want Tony Romo to take over the Pats, or give the team to Tyrod Taylor?

The Bills with Romo immediately become a playoff team.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2016, 05:51 PM
I'd trade a 3rd or 4th for him if available. He's got 2-3 years left in the tank. He's the only chance the Bills have at the Playoffs over the next 3 years.

OpIv37
11-16-2016, 08:02 PM

His last injury wasn't his fault, he went down protecting the ball and a d lineman ...forget exactly who...fell on him with his full body weight. Definitely a deliberate attempt to injure. Broke his collarbone. Just bad luck.

Think about it. Ask yourself, what would Bill Belichick do if he had to replace Tom Brady? Would he want Tony Romo to take over the Pats, or give the team to Tyrod Taylor?

Bill Bellicheck would be wise enough to be in a situation where Tyrod and Romo weren't his only options.

Night Train
11-16-2016, 08:09 PM
He's injury prone and past his prime.

Sounds like a fit.

OpIv37
11-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Taking Romo's cap hit or absorbing any amount of dead cap from Dallas for him would be the dumbest move ever for an organization that has a long and storied history of dumb moves.

justasportsfan
11-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Hes a better passer than Tyrod but I doubt he'd want to come here.

Jets and other bigger market teams are going to need a qb.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Taking Romo's cap hit or absorbing any amount of dead cap from Dallas for him would be the dumbest move ever for an organization that has a long and storied history of dumb moves.

Maybin is the dumbest move ever.
Trading for Robosack.
Followed by trading two 1st and a 4th.
Passing on Patrick Peterson.
Drafting JP Losman.

OpIv37
11-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Maybin is the dumbest move ever.
Trading for Robosack.
Followed by trading two 1st and a 4th.
Passing on Patrick Peterson.
Drafting JP Losman.
Taking dead cap for an injury prone, aging QB who is the exact opposing of clutch is far dumber than any of those.

Mace
11-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Taking dead cap for an injury prone, aging QB who is the exact opposing of clutch is far dumber than any of those.

More so when he doesn't fit what they're looking for in a QB in the offense they're committed to.

People have to let go of the idea any QB should plug and play in any offense, it's just overly simplistic (picture Romo trying to run the installed read-option, or go out on a wildcat), and need to accept this coaching regime doesn't want the gunslinger they want. I want one too. The Bills don't though.

It's just not because they don't have a gunslinger handy, it's because this staff doesn't want one for their philosophy.

jamze132
11-16-2016, 09:56 PM

No the Bills would not become an immediate playoff team with Romo. Replacing Wood isn't going to be easy. Finding capable CBs on defense seems to somehow be an issue this year. We also don't have any WRs outside of Robert Woods to throw the ball to. No way we turn into a playoff team by simply adding Romo.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2016, 12:53 AM
If it gets you to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years it sure the the hell is worth it.

CommissarSpartacus
11-17-2016, 03:35 AM
I keep forgetting why.I don't talk football with fellow Bills fans anymore.

So many of them like to lose for some reason.

swiper
11-17-2016, 04:49 AM
I keep forgetting why.I don't talk football with fellow Bills fans anymore.

So many of them like to lose for some reason.

Typical. Because someone doesn't agree with you they must not be as smart as you.

CommissarSpartacus
11-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Typical. Because someone doesn't agree with you they must not be as smart as you.

They may have reasons for behaving stupidly other than just being stupid.

Topas
11-17-2016, 05:40 AM
What are you guys talking about. When we trade for him, we do not take any dead cap. That is the problem of the cowboys.
The only problem is the guaranteed money from now on. All his bonus is dead cap of the cowboys.
We only have the problem of his inflated last years. But that could be renegotiated.
So his contract is not the problem. His health might be though, but not contract.

CommissarSpartacus
11-17-2016, 07:24 AM
Romo is a qb with elite skills in his prime who has suffered under a bunch of crappy Cowboys teams.

He's much better than all the other qbs that have been mentioned in this thread.

Like I said, if it's DOABLE, get him.

OpIv37
11-17-2016, 07:41 AM
If it gets you to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years it sure the the hell is worth it.
Um no. Hosing the cap for 3-4 years and ANOTHER rebuilding cycle isn't worth sneaking into the playoffs for a first round loss.

OpIv37
11-17-2016, 07:42 AM
What are you guys talking about. When we trade for him, we do not take any dead cap. That is the problem of the cowboys.
The only problem is the guaranteed money from now on. All his bonus is dead cap of the cowboys.
We only have the problem of his inflated last years. But that could be renegotiated.
So his contract is not the problem. His health might be though, but not contract.
Dallas isn't going to eat the dead cap, at least not all of it. I don't see them trading him unless it's structured so the other team takes on some of the dead cap.

cookie G
11-17-2016, 08:23 AM

The issue isn't his playing ability or whether an inury was "his fault"...its durability and what's he's expected to face in the Bills' offense.

This year's injury was a compression fracture of one of is lumbar vertebrae. His 2 collarbone fractures were last year.

The question is how well he holds up behind the Bills' O line. There are a lot of issues with Taylor as a QB, but he probably leads the league in the avoiding-the-pass-rusher-who-comes-in-completely-untouched category. He makes the first person miss like few others can. Against Seattle, I think he was sacked 4 or 5 times. A typical pocket passer would have been sacked twice as many times.

The Bills' O line gives up twice as many sacks as Dallas does. They are currently ranked 30th in sacks/pass attempt.

Romo may not make it through a half.

coastal
11-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Here's your stupid first round pick...

now give me Romo.

Topas
11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Dallas isn't going to eat the dead cap, at least not all of it. I don't see them trading him unless it's structured so the other team takes on some of the dead cap.

I dont think that is possible. You cannot trade cap. HIs bonus is already paid by the Cowboys and there is no way this can be traded.
Any capologists? Can cap be trade? As far as I know, this is not possible.

CommissarSpartacus
11-17-2016, 09:12 AM
The issue isn't his playing ability or whether an inury was "his fault"...its durability and what's he's expected to face in the Bills' offense.

This year's injury was a compression fracture of one of is lumbar vertebrae. His 2 collarbone fractures were last year.

The question is how well he holds up behind the Bills' O line. There are a lot of issues with Taylor as a QB, but he probably leads the league in the avoiding-the-pass-rusher-who-comes-in-completely-untouched category. He makes the first person miss like few others can. Against Seattle, I think he was sacked 4 or 5 times. A typical pocket passer would have been sacked twice as many times.

The Bills' O line gives up twice as many sacks as Dallas does. They are currently ranked 30th in sacks/pass attempt.

Romo may not make it through a half.

As far as I know, there is no durability gene.

Calling someone "injury prone" is correlation/causation in action.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Of course, I agree with ChristTM that our OL sucks however if I were to be honest in my critique of Christ and Sparty's posts, I would be compelled to say that my post above of "FU" was much more efficient and to the point.

Mace
11-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Romo is a qb with elite skills in his prime

A 36 year old who's missed 21 of the last 25 games isn't "in his prime" and says much about why you don't often talk football often.

Mr. Pink
11-17-2016, 01:02 PM
A 36 year old who's missed 21 of the last 25 games isn't "in his prime" and says much about why you don't often talk football often.

Well Sparty was right, 5 years ago, Romo was an elite QB in his prime.

If we were getting that Tony Romo, it would be a no brainer to want him. This Tony Romo, not so much.

cookie G
11-17-2016, 02:55 PM
As far as I know, there is no durability gene.

Calling someone "injury prone" is correlation/causation in action.

Call it what you like.

You have a 36 year old guy who broke the same collarbone twice last year, who is missing a disc in his spine and is coming off a freshly broken vertebrae in his mid/lower back. And you're going to be asking him to take hits from 250 + pound NFL players at least 10 times per game.

I don't like those chances.

CommissarSpartacus
11-17-2016, 05:23 PM

How...old...is...Tom...Brady?

He missed an entire season with a torn up knee.

He's an MVP candidate.

Romo is in his prime, still able to run and throw with the same ability he always had, plus a ton of experience.

Or we can continue with Tyrod Taylor.

Sorry, but if BB had the choice between TT and Romo to run the Pats, he'd take Romo. Without a doubt.

CommissarSpartacus
11-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Call it what you like.

You have a 36 year old guy who broke the same collarbone twice last year, who is missing a disc in his spine and is coming off a freshly broken vertebrae in his mid/lower back. And you're going to be asking him to take hits from 250 + pound NFL players at least 10 times per game.

I don't like those chances.

I remember starting a thread 10 or so years ago where I asked the board if they would rather be the coach or the GM of the Bills. The overwhelming majority chose GM.

You wannabe GMs are so obsessed with the "future" of the team that you ignore the goal of winning right now, which is the coaches concern. That's why Belichick calls the shots in New England. Because he knows the team's main goal is ALWAYS to win the next game. Then the game after that. Then the game after that.

Are people going to argue that RIGHT NOW Tyrod Taylor is as good as Romo?

Really?

If not, then Romo is an immediate upgrade.

Which improves our chances of winning the next game, not a game three years away.

feldspar
11-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Romo would be a big upgrade, but he's on the tail-end of his career.

He's 36, and he's only made the playoffs 4 times in his career. He's only had 2 playoff wins in his career. The Cowboys have had only ONE playoff appearance in the past 6 full seasons while depending on Tony Romo at QB (2010 - 2015). The Cowboys have also had only ONE winning season with Romo at QB during the last six years Romo he was starting from day one...that's gotta mean something. They're doing pretty well without him now.

Sure, the Cowboys have had other problems, but these are facts. And there are some concerns about his health.

Say what you want, but a QB has to have more than 2 playoff victories by age 36 in order to called elite...he's very good, but not elite IMO.

All that said, I'd still take him if it were at all workable. We'd probably win more games. I'm definitely not against it.

cookie G
11-17-2016, 06:57 PM
I remember starting a thread 10 or so years ago where I asked the board if they would rather be the coach or the GM of the Bills. The overwhelming majority chose GM.

You wannabe GMs are so obsessed with the "future" of the team that you ignore the goal of winning right now, which is the coaches concern. That's why Belichick calls the shots in New England. Because he knows the team's main goal is ALWAYS to win the next game. Then the game after that. Then the game after that.

Really?

Which improves our chances of winning the next game, not a game three years away.

I AM talking about the present. it has nothing to do with the future.

...played 2 games, injured, missed the next 7.

...played 2 more games, out for the season.

...played 2 preseason games, out for 8+ weeks.

You talk about guaranteeing the playoffs but you can't guarantee that he lasts more than 2 games.

This is no slight on Romo, far from it. Outside of running off with Jessica Simpson before a playoff game, I've always liked him. I've seen him as a competitor, someone who wasn't just handed a position and a guy who has produced. And I most definitely don't think he's someone who malingers.

But people look at players as robots sometimes. Just because a doctor paid by a team clears someone, it doesn't mean they are healthy.

As far as Belichick goes...he's been looking for a decade to find a back up to Brady. He's drafted a number of them, (and might have finally found one)...but I haven't seen him with a seasoned veteran as a back up during that time, so I don't know where that's coming from.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2016, 08:01 PM

Really?

Perhaps I misunderstood.

If we could trade TT for Romo straight up, then obviously I would make that trade since TT is not going to win us many games now or in the future.

If we have to add any additional resources or we are keeping TT and using other resources, then my answer is FU.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2016, 08:04 PM
......This is no slight on Romo, far from it. Outside of running off with Jessica Simpson before a playoff game, I've always liked him. I've seen him as a competitor, someone who wasn't just handed a position and a guy who has produced. And I most definitely don't think he's someone who malingers...

The thought of Jessica Simpson and Kim Kardashian together in Buffalo in the same room excites me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdVPmWi6Qqo

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2016, 08:08 PM
'I got to oil her up and after we ate In-N-Out!': Kim Kardashian's friend describes desert shoot while sharing never-seen-before half-naked image

Stephanie Sheppard shared never-seen-before photos of (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3947334/Kim-Kardashian-s-friend-describes-desert-shoot-sharing-never-seen-butt-crack-image.html)Kim Kardashian (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/kim_kardashian/index.html) on Wednesday. The images were taken during a vacation in Thailand.

And the next day the personal assistant was at it again as she posted new behind-the-scenes photos from the 36-year-old's nude desert shoot on kimkardashianwest.com (https://www.kimkardashianwest.com/behind-the-scenes/1569-kim-kardashian-steph-shep-desert-photoshoot-bts-kesler-tran/).

One of the images showed Mrs Kanye West's naked back. But the best part of the post was the text, where Sheppard described oiling down the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star and then, later, feasting on In-N-Out burgers.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3947334/Kim-Kardashian-s-friend-describes-desert-shoot-sharing-never-seen-butt-crack-image.html

IlluminatusUIUC
11-17-2016, 09:58 PM

Really?

Of all the people to claim is "win now," Belichick might be the worst example. He has let all pro quality players walk repeatedly or traded them for future value, including Collins just a few weeks ago.

jamze132
11-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Please stop feeding the troll, known as Spartacus. He's obviously way out of his element when on a football forum.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Romo would be a big upgrade, but he's on the tail-end of his career.

He's 36, and he's only made the playoffs 4 times in his career. He's only had 2 playoff wins in his career. The Cowboys have had only ONE playoff appearance in the past 6 full seasons while depending on Tony Romo at QB (2010 - 2015). The Cowboys have also had only ONE winning season with Romo at QB during the last six years Romo he was starting from day one...that's gotta mean something. They're doing pretty well without him now.

Sure, the Cowboys have had other problems, but these are facts. And there are some concerns about his health.

Say what you want, but a QB has to have more than 2 playoff victories by age 36 in order to called elite...he's very good, but not elite IMO.

All that said, I'd still take him if it were at all workable. We'd probably win more games. I'm definitely not against it.
That's 4 times more than the Bills have been in the playoffs the past 17 years.

If they can get him cheap, it would be worth the risk.

Turf
11-17-2016, 11:17 PM
If Tyrod had Romo's body, he'd be in a body cast with 25 yards total rushing. In other words, Russ likes him as a marketing tool.

feldspar
11-18-2016, 02:36 PM
That's 4 times more than the Bills have been in the playoffs the past 17 years.

If they can get him cheap, it would be worth the risk.

The Cowboys have had one winning season under Romo for the past six seasons, and that's NOT more than the Bills have had. He got the Cowboys to the playoffs ONCE in the past six years, but that's nothing to write home about. He doesn't have another six years.

No way in hell we get Romo cheap, either.

But hey, if the Bills were able to pick him up somehow, I wouldn't be crying into my sleeve. But I don't see how the results would necessarily be that much different than when we picked up Bledsoe. We'd have to see.

Mace
11-18-2016, 10:14 PM
How...old...is...Tom...Brady?

He missed an entire season with a torn up knee.

He's an MVP candidate.

Romo is in his prime, still able to run and throw with the same ability he always had, plus a ton of experience.

Or we can continue with Tyrod Taylor.

Sorry, but if BB had the choice between TT and Romo to run the Pats, he'd take Romo. Without a doubt.

Romo isn't Tom Brady who has had few injuries. Romo even plays behind a better offensive line. He's a beaten up 36, past his prime.

-2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger.
-2010 -- Broken left collarbone.
-2013 -- Ruptured disk
-2014 -- Two transverse process fractures.
-2015 -- Broken left collarbone.
-after returning, 2015 -- Broken left collarbone.
-2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4753377/a-look-at-tony-romos-injury-history

5 injuries in 3 years, he'll be 37 at the start of next season, still missed 21 of the last 25 games, his prime is past. Brady's one knee injury doesn't add up to Romo's back and collarbones for a pocket QB.

And then he still doesn't fit their offensive philosophy, can't run, bootleg, wildcat, or read-option, so it doesn't make sense unless they change to a passing offense (Ryan wants to ground and pound, always says it),get better pass blocking linemen to not depend on mobility in the QB, and revamp their receiver corp for a long ball passing game, not to mention coming up with a Jason Witten type TE.

It's just a bad idea across the board.

CommissarSpartacus
11-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Gee, you'd think with so many wannabe GMS on board with the brain trust, we wouldn't be the team with the longest streak in the league OF MISSING THE PLAYOFFS.

I've been writing about the Bills for 15 years and every ****ing year there are guys who have dozens of reasons why we HAVE TO do things the way the Bills brain trust says, and yet we LOSE EVERY YEAR.

SO, I'm convinced. Romo is a foolish idea. If we stick with the Tyrod program, we'll get to the playoffs one day!

SpikedLemonade
11-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Romo isn't Tom Brady who has had few injuries. Romo even plays behind a better offensive line. He's a beaten up 36, past his prime.

-2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger.
-2010 -- Broken left collarbone.
-2013 -- Ruptured disk
-2014 -- Two transverse process fractures.
-2015 -- Broken left collarbone.
-after returning, 2015 -- Broken left collarbone.
-2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4753377/a-look-at-tony-romos-injury-history

5 injuries in 3 years, he'll be 37 at the start of next season, still missed 21 of the last 25 games, his prime is past. Brady's one knee injury doesn't add up to Romo's back and collarbones for a pocket QB.

And then he still doesn't fit their offensive philosophy, can't run, bootleg, wildcat, or read-option, so it doesn't make sense unless they change to a passing offense (Ryan wants to ground and pound, always says it),get better pass blocking linemen to not depend on mobility in the QB, and revamp their receiver corp for a long ball passing game, not to mention coming up with a Jason Witten type TE.

It's just a bad idea across the board.
I feel I am a slave to your facts.

Do you remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnRZSBmpc74

SpikedLemonade
11-19-2016, 02:34 AM
Please stop feeding the troll, known as Spartacus. He's obviously way out of his element when on a football forum.

FU

notacon
11-19-2016, 07:21 AM
Tony Romo??? No freakin way.

Just what we need...a QB that is just about washed up...old...and injury prone.

I pass!

Tyrod Tylor, on the other hand, is rated in the top 10 of QB's this season with his actual performance (http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr).

Mace
11-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Gee, you'd think with so many wannabe GMS on board with the brain trust, we wouldn't be the team with the longest streak in the league OF MISSING THE PLAYOFFS.

I've been writing about the Bills for 15 years and every ****ing year there are guys who have dozens of reasons why we HAVE TO do things the way the Bills brain trust says, and yet we LOSE EVERY YEAR.

SO, I'm convinced. Romo is a foolish idea. If we stick with the Tyrod program, we'll get to the playoffs one day!

Yeah, go figure. It makes much more sense to think your idea of a 37 year old injury prone pocket passer "in his prime" who has missed 21 of the last 25 games would be the salvation of a run based offense without receivers he could use or linemen to protect him. An old brittle guy would sure vault them to the playoffs in any scenario some fellow who's been writing about football for the past 15 years without paying attention to it might come up with.

Unfortunately, we do HAVE to do things the way the HC, OC, and GM style them, in the systems they engineer. Crazy stuff that coaches don't think players aren't plug and play. If Arians would only have had Carson Palmer running some bootlegs, wildcats, and read-option, Arizona would be tearing up the league. You're a visionary.

Mace
11-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Do you remember?

Mostly I remember you're an obsessed alcoholic weird gay guy who seems to be in love with me.

pmoon6
11-20-2016, 03:17 AM
Mostly I remember you're an obsessed alcoholic weird gay guy who seems to be in love with me.Well, no accounting for taste.

swiper
11-20-2016, 06:41 AM
I cannot wait for the "Cutler anyone?" threads. They're coming (again). I promise you.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2016, 08:21 AM
This is Coastal's domain however Inwill point out fore him that Romo rhymes with Homo.

swiper
11-20-2016, 10:39 AM
This is Coastal's domain however Inwill point out fore him that Romo rhymes with Homo.

Then Trump will have mixed feelings about him.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 03:02 PM
If Romo will take what we're offering Tyrod, Id do it but still draft a qb

Mace
11-20-2016, 08:02 PM
If Romo will take what we're offering Tyrod, Id do it but still draft a qb

Taylor got his 25-28 pass attempts like they want, made plays with his legs like they want to get out of collapsing pocket or keep plays alive.

If anyone can picture Romo at this stage of his career, being elusive and running around, or taking off on designed running plays like Taylor did today, I'd love to hear about it.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Taylor got his 25-28 pass attempts like they want, made plays with his legs like they want to get out of collapsing pocket or keep plays alive.

If anyone can picture Romo at this stage of his career, being elusive and running around, or taking off on designed running plays like Taylor did today, I'd love to hear about it.

Taylor has to get out of a pocket because he does not have the ability to read an offense and get rid of balls in less than 4 seconds
He has to run around until a receiver is wavong himself that he's open.

Qbs are supposed to extend plays with their arm not legs.

With a runningback like MCCoy , we should have a qb who can make Ds pay if they play thw run. TT isnt auxh a qb.

Didnt you hear that the bills are one of the few teams where we dont have a TE with a td?

I guarantee you Clay would love Romo and so would most of our receivers.

They just wont be running routes woth Romo.

Mace
11-20-2016, 09:02 PM
Taylor has to get out of a pocket because he does not have the ability to read an offense and get rid of balls in less than 4 seconds
He has to run around until a receiver is wavong himself that he's open.

Qbs are supposed to extend plays with their arm not legs.

With a runningback like MCCoy , we should have a qb who can make Ds pay if they play thw run. TT isnt auxh a qb.

Didnt you hear that the bills are one of the few teams where we dont have a TE with a td?

I guarantee you Clay would love Romo and so would most of our receivers.

They just wont be running routes woth Romo.

Look, I know all this, I'm not crazy about Taylor. But you have to accept they don't want a pocket passer for their offensive philosophy, much less a 37 year old guy who can't take hits, run, or scramble to extend plays.

They don't want a pure passer for a passing offense. This isn't my idea, it's the one the coaching staff wants with the offense they choose, they haven't been quiet about it.

Brady won't be running read options, Schwartz won't be doing 3-4, Ryan won't be doing wide-9 4-3, Clay isn't catching 100 balls in this offense, McCoy isn't playing 16 games, and Romo isn't extending his career planting in the pocket behind this line. It isn't my fault, it's just the way it is.