PDA

View Full Version : Is The Season Over or Can The Bills Turn It Around?

BillsImpossible
11-16-2016, 08:31 PM
From 4-5 to 10-6?

Can the Bills do it?

9 games gone, 7 left.

4 at home, 3 away.

-------------------

At Bengals (3-5-1)

Jaguars (2-7)

At Raiders (7-2)

Steelers (4-5)

Browns (0-10)

Dolphins (5-4)

At Jets (3-7)

This is anything but a daunting schedule ahead for the Bills.

To be honest, I've never felt better about a Bills team being 4-5. Sounds odd, but true.

This is a good team that has been playing without their best offensive and defensive players in Watkins and Dareus pretty much all year.

What gives me the most hope is Tyrod Taylor.

Why?

Tyrod Taylor's 2 best games of the year so far have been against the Patriots (in New England) and the Seahawks (in Seattle).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htmThe)The statistics tell me one thing: "Throw the damn ball!"

OpIv37
11-16-2016, 08:33 PM
10-6 with 5 conf losses doesn't get us in. We will lose on a tiebreaker. This team needs to win out to have a shot and that's just not happening.

toto8
11-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Playoffs!? don't talk about playoffs! you kidding me? playoffs!

No playoffs for this team this year. Maybe in 2050!?

Mr. Pink
11-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Here's the problem with the Bills getting in the playoffs, even if they win out.

The Raiders are 7-2 and 5-1 in conference.

The Broncos are 7-3 and 4-2 in conference.

The Chiefs are 7-2 and 5-2 in conference.

Meanwhile the Bills are 1-4 in conference...if both of those teams who don't win the AFC West reach 11 wins, it's hard to see the Bills winning on a tiebreaker. It's also hard to see the Bills winning out when they have Bengals, Steelers and Raiders left and only the Steelers at home.

BillsImpossible
11-16-2016, 08:59 PM
The AFC West currently looks like a huge problem for the Bills chances, but look at the remaining schedules:

Chiefs (7-2) - Tampa Bay (4-5), Broncos (7-3), Falcons (6-4), Raiders (7-2), Titans (5-5), Broncos, Chargers (4-6).

Raiders (7-2) - Texans (6-3), Panthers (3-6), Bills (4-5), Chiefs (7-2), Chargers (4-6), Colts (4-5), Broncos (7-3).

Broncos (7-3) - Chiefs (7-2), Jaguars (2-7), Titans (5-5), Patriots (7-2), Chiefs, Raiders (7-2)

All 3 teams could **** the bed and go 9-7.

BillsImpossible
11-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Playoffs!? don't talk about playoffs! you kidding me? playoffs!

No playoffs for this team this year. Maybe in 2050!?

If Donald Trump can win the presidency and the Chicago Cubs can win the world series after being down 3 games to 1, anything can happen in the NFL!

TacklingDummy
11-16-2016, 09:05 PM
It's over. Might as well lose out and get out a better draft pick.

BillsImpossible
11-16-2016, 09:09 PM
It's over. Might as well lose out and get out a better draft pick.

That mentality has not worked very well for the Sabres, Oilers, and 76ers.

If losing out to get a better draft pick was a good thing, the Cleveland Browns should have at least 3 Super Bowl wins by now.

Mace
11-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Defensive secondary is woeful, we can't win shootouts, Dareus & McCoy won't stay healthy for 7 games straight, we still don't have a 2 minute offense, starting center is out, the all-in Ryan defense still gets beaten up by experienced offenses.

I don't see them getting to 9 wins.

YardRat
11-17-2016, 06:15 AM
This season was over two years ago when they hired the head coach.

sukie
11-17-2016, 08:58 AM
8 wins would be slightly possible

Ed
11-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Over the next 7 weeks the Bills need to go 6-1, beat the Raiders to take the tie-breaker, and have the Raiders lose an additional 3 games. The chances of that happening aren't very good and even if it did, there's still a chance that they could miss the playoffs. I'll keep rooting for playoffs until it's over, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now that they're getting healthier and with Sammy possibly returning, I'd just like to see this team go on a little run and look good on offense to build some momentum for next year.

OpIv37
11-17-2016, 09:21 AM
This season was over two years ago when they hired the head coach.

And if it wasn't over then, it was over last off-season when they hosed this year's cap and essentially forced it into being a carbon copy of last year.

OpIv37
11-17-2016, 09:24 AM
Over the next 7 weeks the Bills need to go 6-1, beat the Raiders to take the tie-breaker, and have the Raiders lose an additional 3 games. The chances of that happening aren't very good and even if it did, there's still a chance that they could miss the playoffs. I'll keep rooting for playoffs until it's over, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now that they're getting healthier and with Sammy possibly returning, I'd just like to see this team go on a little run and look good on offense to build some momentum for next year.
yup, every year around Thanksgiving, the Buffalo playoff math starts:

The Bills can make the playoffs if they win out and team A loses out and team B beats team C but loses to Team D and team D loses their last two games....

It's exhausting.

Victor7
11-17-2016, 10:48 AM
The season is indeed over. No the Bills can't turn it around.

As "easy" as that schedule looks we really aren't one team to be taking others for granted. There are no easy games for us. We are once again headed for yet another mediocre 8-8 season.

Ed
11-17-2016, 11:12 AM
yup, every year around Thanksgiving, the Buffalo playoff math starts:

The Bills can make the playoffs if they win out and team A loses out and team B beats team C but loses to Team D and team D loses their last two games....

It's exhausting.
Yeah, once you get to the point that you need to win and need help from other teams, your season is pretty much over.

trapezeus
11-17-2016, 11:12 AM
continuity is what makes us continuously short of the playoffs. get a real front office and can the beauracrats and you'll see actual changes. the bills won't do that and will continue to just ticker with low grade coaches and GMs. they've mostly exhausted my patience.

justasportsfan
11-17-2016, 11:35 AM
we'll likely lose to the jags, cleveland and jets again.

If I were a betting man, I'd say our season is over.

bob86
11-17-2016, 11:48 AM
As a long suffering Bills fan you know there two ways the rest of the season plays out. First they lose to Cini and what has been all but certain for weeks hits home, the Bills are toast. Second, they beat Cini which prolongs the inevitable and then suffer some crashing defeat in next few weeks to a team they should beat.

toto8
11-17-2016, 12:05 PM
If Donald Trump can win the presidency and the Chicago Cubs can win the world series after being down 3 games to 1, anything can happen in the NFL!

I am just tired of being in the same ****ing position every year. I was hopeful almost every year but I am getting tired I am being more realistic now.

sukie
11-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Bills chances of doing anything meaningful _ and by meaningful I mean accomplishing anything that would fill more than a 3x5 card (using a sharpie) _ are worse than seeing the Jills back anytime soon.

Joe Fo Sho
11-17-2016, 12:26 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htmThe)The statistics tell me one thing: "Throw the damn ball!"
You're reading the statistics wrong. Tyrod is 3-9 when throwing for over 200 yards.

jamze132
11-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Pretty sure our season ended when we lost the first two games of the season to two ****ty teams. Then we let Miami run all over us... Then we let Jimmy Graham's one arm beat the **** out of us...

BillsImpossible
11-17-2016, 10:32 PM
Vegas agrees.

Place your bets.

:-)

Turf
11-17-2016, 11:08 PM
In response to the title of the thread, its over.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2016, 01:24 AM
Season is over and they'll probably lose to the Browns to put a cherry on top of another **** season.

Jan Reimers
11-18-2016, 09:12 AM
This season ended in training camp with suspensions, injuries, and the continuation of Rex Ryan as head coach and Tyrod Taylor as quarterback.

Topas
11-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Season is over and they'll probably lose to the Browns to put a cherry on top of another **** season.
Yes, I predict they lose 6-3 vs the browns

IlluminatusUIUC
11-18-2016, 11:12 AM
The fat lady isn't singing, but she's clearing her throat.

jamze132
11-19-2016, 07:46 PM
The fat lady isn't singing, but she's clearing her throat.

And stuffing her fat face with a pre-concert spread full of red M&Ms and Cheetos.

Mace
11-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Yes, I predict they lose 6-3 vs the browns

Oh geez you gave me flashbacks. Remember that game ? That was the worst football game I ever saw and I was stupid enough to watch every painstaking moment of it to the end. Oh that was a horrible horrible game.

The Beef
11-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Technically it's not over, but it's pretty much over.

There's no likely scenario the only clear shot to the playoffs IMO is this.

Bills win out, which is about a negative 1,000,000% chance of happening. Then you hope the Broncos get swept by the Chiefs, drop the and take an L from Brady and company.

Can not have the Chiefs and Broncos split. Have to hope for whoever wins the first one to win both, and the Chiefs have been on fire.

Oakland looks too good to slide dramatically however if they lose to Carolina and the Bills somehow beat them in Oakland, then cross your finger and pray they keep takin L's vs the Chiefs and Broncos and drop at least one vs San Diego/Indy.

I just don't see it though, all 3 of those teams have been winning games the Bills would choke alll season, I just don't see the tables turning like that to end the year.

Ed
11-21-2016, 12:33 PM
As long as the Bills can beat the Jags this week their season will remain very much alive. The odds of making the playoffs will still be against them, but they'll certainly have a chance to earn their way in playing the Raiders and Steelers in back to back weeks. A win against the Jags would at least move them ahead of whoever loses the Indy/Pitt game and put them within 1 game of the loser between Den/KC, who both currently hold the 2 WC spots.

We should root for the Texans to beat the Raiders tonight, and this weekend root for:
- Panthers over Raiders
- Bengals over Ravens
- 49ers over Dolphins

stuckincincy
11-21-2016, 08:13 PM
As long as the Bills can beat the Jags this week their season will remain very much alive. The odds of making the playoffs will still be against them, but they'll certainly have a chance to earn their way in playing the Raiders and Steelers in back to back weeks. A win against the Jags would at least move them ahead of whoever loses the Indy/Pitt game and put them within 1 game of the loser between Den/KC, who both currently hold the 2 WC spots.

We should root for the Texans to beat the Raiders tonight, and this weekend root for:
- Panthers over Raiders
- Bengals over Ravens
- 49ers over Dolphins

CIN can be useful to BUF's chances. They play 2 against BAL, play @HOU, and host PGH.

PGH has it's share of injuries - a few days ago, they put DE Heyward on IR.

Novacane
11-21-2016, 08:18 PM
If we win out I think we'll get in. We're not winning out.

BillsImpossible
11-21-2016, 08:31 PM
One (game) at a time.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hz2L1v7Wkx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ed
11-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Cincy seems to be falling a part. I wouldn't count on them to beat anyone, but I'd certainly welcome it. Since we lose the tie-breaker to Baltimore, taking at least one from them would be big.

I'm not really that concerned about the AFC North though. I don't see them getting a WC. I think the North division winner finishes 9-7.

The Jokeman
11-23-2016, 07:12 AM
10-6 with 5 conf losses doesn't get us in. We will lose on a tiebreaker. This team needs to win out to have a shot and that's just not happening.

There's a small window if we win out and the Raiders stumble the rest of the season and we beat them in our matchup and the Broncos/Chiefs can win the division and knock the other one out (since they play each other twice). I'd call it a 10% chance at best but who knows.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Season is over.

Luisito23
11-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Is The Season Over or Can The Bills Turn It Around?

How long have you been following this team?