PDA

View Full Version : Predictions - BUF@CIN

stuckincincy
11-17-2016, 01:33 PM
3 - 5 -1 CIN s' window of opportunity is fading. They let WRs Jones and Sanu go. But the key loss was S Reggie Nelson. Owner wouldn't pay.

To replace OC Hue Jackson, CIN promoted long-time qb coach Ken Zampese to OC...loyalty is everything to the owner. So it's back to Coach-for-Life Marvin ball. Abandon the run when behind. Forget sideline passes when behind.

CIN had good field position in the 1st half - their 48, 36, and NYG's 7. The result was 10 points.

1st quarter, Cincinnati Bengals at 5:13
1-7-NYG 7 (5:13) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete short right to G.Bernard.
2-7-NYG 7 (5:09) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete short left to T.Eifert.
3-7-NYG 7 (5:05) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass short right to A.Green to NYG 7 for no gain (J.Jenkins).
4-7-NYG 7 (4:30) M.Nugent 25 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-C.Harris, Holder-K.Huber

Three straight passes from the 7...:fishy:

2nd quarter, Cincinnati Bengals at 1:17, (1st play from scrimmage 1:11)
1-10-CIN 20 (1:11) (Shotgun) G.Bernard left tackle to CIN 22 for 2 yards (J.Bromley, K.Robinson).
2-8-CIN 22 (:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Dalton pass short left to B.LaFell to CIN 31 for 9 yards (E.Apple). P5
1-10-CIN 31 (:17) (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Dalton pass short right to A.Green pushed ob at CIN 45 for 14 yards (J.Jenkins). P6
1-10-CIN 45 (:11) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass short left to T.Eifert to 50 for 5 yards (C.Sensabaugh).
Timeout #3 by CIN at 00:03.
2-5-50 (:03) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete deep right to A.Green (O.Beckham, D.Rodgers-Cromartie).

Marvin's 2-munute offense is his usual string of confusion. He cannot tell time, plain and simple. B'gals got the ball at 1:11 in the 2nd and 1 time out. Ran the ball. Chewed up 31 seconds. Then got a 1st, let 23 seconds go by. The penny finally dropped with 17 seconds left. Too late...

Their pass D is wanting. CB Jones looks spent, CB Kirkpatrick stinks as usual. Reggie Nelson's replacement, Shaun Williams stinks. Former 1st rounder - CB Dennard stinks - when healthy. This year's 1st rnd CB Jackson is missing the season due to training camp injury. As is fellow rookie DT Andrew Billings. DT Peko is on his last gasps.

Add in dumb penalties at inopportune times for Marvin's un-disciplined charges.

Blitz them. C Russell Bodine is a revolving door who should be cut, but he was a high pick and the team owner almost never eats contracts. So-so MLB Maualuga is out. Watch out for Dalton on the run option. He generally gets the ball out quickly, but at crunch time he takes deep drops, hangs on to the ball, and can get sacked. CIN rarely runs sweep run plays. They are vulnerable at RT. LB Dansby leads in tackles but after 13 years, doesn't really have any wheels left for PD. Clay?

Prediction: BUF 31 - 23 over CIN.

Figster
11-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Bills 12, Cinci 10,

Joe Fo Sho
11-17-2016, 01:51 PM
I actually think we pull off an upset coming off our bye week. Hopefully some of our guys got healthier with the extra rest. I think we win 25-19. Rex improves his impressive record coming off bye weeks to a stunning 3-5.

stuckincincy
11-17-2016, 02:12 PM
I actually think we pull off an upset coming off our bye week. Hopefully some of our guys got healthier with the extra rest. I think we win 25-19. Rex improves his impressive record coming off bye weeks to a stunning 3-5.

No upset - BUF@CIN is an ugly match-up for the home club. CIN should have only 2 wins save for getting off an amazing FG against NYJ with but 3 seconds on the clock sans timeouts at the end of the first half in the opener at NYJ. Those 3 points were the margin that won.

CIN also has ST problems. They lost an ace ST player, reserve RB Cedric Peerman to a broken arm before season start, and one player can make all the difference (see Steve Tasker).

`

Joe Fo Sho
11-17-2016, 02:43 PM
No upset - BUF@CIN is an ugly match-up for the home club. CIN should have only 2 wins save for getting off an amazing FG against NYJ with but 3 seconds on the clock sans timeouts at the end of the first half in the opener at NYJ. Those 3 points were the margin that won.

CIN also has ST problems. They lost an ace ST player, reserve RB Cedric Peerman to a broken arm before season start, and one player can make all the difference (see Steve Tasker).
How much are the Bills favored by?

stuckincincy
11-17-2016, 02:57 PM
How much are the Bills favored by?

AFAIK, they aren't. In my local paper the odds have ranged from CIN being favored by 1 then to 4 and then to 2. Odd numbers...Makes me think that the bookmakers prefer to not handle $ on this particular game. Anybody's guess...

Joe Fo Sho
11-17-2016, 02:58 PM
AFAIK, they aren't. In my local paper the odds have ranged from CIN being favored by 1 then to 4 and then to 2. Odd numbers...Makes me think that the bookmakers prefer to not handle $ on this particular game. Anybody's guess...
Sounds to me like a little bit of an upset then if Buffalo wins.

Ed
11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Bills win 27-17.

justasportsfan
11-17-2016, 03:18 PM
27-24 Bills

coastal
11-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Rooting for all of you to get a life...

Frenchman
11-17-2016, 04:16 PM
Bills 14 Bengals 10

YardRat
11-17-2016, 05:05 PM
Cinci 31 Buffalo 23. Green, Eifert and Bernard have big days.

Victor7
11-17-2016, 05:28 PM
They've beaten us the last 3 times if I recall correctly.

This week won't be any different. AJ Green is gonna absolutely light up our junior high secondary.

Geno Atkins will butt **** whoever we play at center.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Bengals 17
Ills 7

Turf
11-17-2016, 11:06 PM
Bengals 37 Bills 13.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Bengals 37 Bills 13.

Those are the numbers I am looking at as well.

Turf
11-17-2016, 11:19 PM
Those are the numbers I am looking at as well.

Its gonna be fugly. Time to extend Rex so we can fire him.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2016, 11:29 PM
Its gonna be fugly. Time to extend Rex so we can fire him.

I have been extending Rex since he arrived in Buffalo one middle finger at a time.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-18-2016, 12:05 PM
I think we win this one honestly. We continue our bizarre streak of scoring 25 but hold them to 20.

stuckincincy
11-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Rooting for all of you to get a life...

What poster on a sports site does? :shoothead:

Mace
11-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Watching Cinci play the Giants on the road, they didn't look like a bad team, and the Bills don't look like a good one to me. Experienced QB/coach/offense that knows a Rex Ryan defense and has a receiving corps ready for quick passes against a vulnerable secondary, at home.

Bills need : Big game from McCoy, Taylor with his legs to make their rush uncertain, big game from Dareus and good coverage from Zach Brown, a rock solid Dan Carpenter, and a ballhawk defense, no stupid penalties, a 2 minute offense and better use of timeouts.

Bengals need : The ok version of Dalton, Green & Eifert, a containing defense stout at the point of contact, minimal chance for coaching bumbles.

I break my string of no predictions to say Bengals 31-20 as the Bills secondary woes continue.

stuckincincy
11-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Today, Cincy Enquirer beat reporter Dehner picks the Bills 25 -24.

"The Bills aren't a great match-up for the Bengals. The two most prominent strengths of the Bills hit right at two of the biggest Cincinnati weaknesses. "The Bills lead the NFL in sacks, the Bengals protection continues to scuffle. The Bills lead the NFL in yards per rush. The Bengals haven't stopped the run consistently all season."

Beat writer Owcarski picks BUF 23-20.

Mace
11-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I break my string of no predictions to say Bengals 31-20 as the Bills secondary woes continue.

Fate mocked me plenty with my horrible predictions, until I mocked fate with a series of impossibly inevitable ones. Fate has a temper and doesn't like to be mocked, with a tendency to spite, I could count on it trying to get back at me.

Get that, Fate ? I did this on purpose for a win (you're welcome, Zone), and I laugh at you once again. Bahahahahaha. Learn to control your temper if you want to play games with me, fickle finger.