PDA

View Full Version : Game balls and goats

YardRat
11-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Balls - Groy and Meatball. Gillislee.

Goats - Meh...They played just good enough to win, no need for any goats today.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Balls

1) Oline: did excellent job with pass/run blocking.
2) Kyle Williams
3) Nugent

Goats

1) Tyrod Taylor: Misses wide open receivers almost every time. Makes you wonder when he scrambles around how many receivers are wide open. So tired of him hanging on to the ball too long and taking off running.

2) Hughes.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Balls -

AJ Green. If he didnt leave .... we lose.

Goats -

Rex. 2 weeks to prepare and this is what we get? Our season might as well be over. We lucked out.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-20-2016, 03:21 PM
balls
1) o line
2) kyle williams
3) Gilleslee
4) kid rock/joe dirt
5) lady luck

goats
1) injuries
2) Tyrod
3) overall team discipline
4) first half offensive play calling (after the first drive)

swiper
11-20-2016, 03:27 PM
This team still rolls as McCoy rolls.

Crisis
11-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Probably the worst game of the season in terms of game quality.

Crisis
11-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Goats- the people trying to convince me we don't need another WR going into next year. After Watkins and Woods there is NOTHING. Add Charles Clay to that, too. I'm sure we could find someone who can block as well as he does and pay them a lot less, since he's not a factor at all in the passing game.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2016, 03:41 PM
I love goats....

Let's not go too far here....

stuckincincy
11-20-2016, 03:48 PM
balls
1) o line
2) kyle williams
3) Gilleslee
4) kid rock/joe dirt
5) lady luck

goats
1) injuries
2) Tyrod
3) overall team discipline
4) first half offensive play calling (after the first drive)

Ball for Kyle for sure. CIN guard Bolling was hobbled going in with a bad shoulder and Williams hurt him and whipped him.

feldspar
11-20-2016, 04:00 PM
I love goats....

]

Just stop it, already.

Mr. Miyagi
11-20-2016, 04:03 PM
Tyrod was NOT good. Even when he ran he seemed so sloooooow.

swiper
11-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Tyrod was NOT good. Even when he ran he seemed so sloooooow.

Like Fitzpatrick, he's a back-up. The Bills have to get better from that position.

That said, Dalton looked like garbage too. Never thought he was good either. He lacks the "it" factor. Whatever that is.

Thurmal
11-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Goats- the people trying to convince me we don't need another WR going into next year. After Watkins and Woods there is NOTHING. Add Charles Clay to that, too. I'm sure we could find someone who can block as well as he does and pay them a lot less, since he's not a factor at all in the passing game.

I honestly think that Taylor is the problem here. Even today, with all the injuries, he still had Clay and Harvin (guys who made the Pro Bowl) and couldn't find them. He is veering very close into Trent Edwards levels when it comes to checking down.

swiper
11-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Yes, and he often misses the check-down or aborts that option and runs.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Just stop it, already.

I am comfortable with my sexuality.

I wish you were.

feldspar
11-20-2016, 05:32 PM
I am comfortable with my sexuality.

I wish you were.

You wish I were comfortable with your sexuality?

Gotta video for that, partner?

Crisis
11-20-2016, 05:46 PM
I honestly think that Taylor is the problem here. Even today, with all the injuries, he still had Clay and Harvin (guys who made the Pro Bowl) and couldn't find them. He is veering very close into Trent Edwards levels when it comes to checking down.
Clay dropped a TD and Harvin was retired 3 weeks ago and doesn't even know where to lineup. Tyrod was bad today but he's not getting any help, either.

Skooby
11-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Balls: Anybody who watched the whole game.

Goats: Anybody who watched the whole game.

Mace
11-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Balls : Gillislee, Kyle (vintage), Gilmore (stepped up this week), Groy (held his own just fine).

Goats : Everyone who had a stupid penalty, this is getting old.

Brandon Tate, what are you even doing contesting the ball whether they touched it or not near the endzone ? Get the hell away from it, don't even get near that damn ball.

SpikedLemonade
11-21-2016, 05:19 AM
Balls - Groy and Meatball. Gillislee.

Goats - Meh...They played just good enough to win, no need for any goats today.

There is always a need for a goat daily.

swiper
11-21-2016, 05:42 AM
Goats : Everyone who had a stupid penalty, this is getting old.

What the heck was that Jerry Hughes head butt all about?

Historian
11-21-2016, 05:53 AM
Balls:

Kyle Williams
Chris Spielman

Didn't anybody find it odd that the announcers were essentially calling this a Bills win with 9-10 minutes to go?

Goats:

Referees. How many times does Gillislee get his helmet ripped off his head before you call a penalty?

Skooby
11-21-2016, 06:12 AM
Balls:

Kyle Williams
Chris Spielman

Didn't anybody find it odd that the announcers were essentially calling this a Bills win with 9-10 minutes to go?

Goats:

Referees. How many times does Gillislee get his helmet ripped off his head before you call a penalty?

It was very odd, the announcers had me convinced but we all had to watch until the last play. Did anyone on Earth watch the post game broadcast ?? I literally immediately moved on the second after the final ball landed, rough game to watch.

mysticsoto
11-21-2016, 12:10 PM
Balls: Groy (Good job!), Gilleslie, Kyle Williams (such a big difference with Dareus in!)
Goats: Defense (most of the time) - they clamped down better in the 4th qtr, but for most of the game, the Bengals could just drive at will - and this was without AJ!!! Also, the run def wasn't as good as we've seen. Tyrod didn't have his best game either. Brandon Tate...wtf was he doing on that special teams play trying to reach for the ball???

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Brandon Tate...wtf was he doing on that special teams play trying to reach for the ball???

Once the Cincy touched the ball, the worst end result would be for the Bills to have the ball where they touched it. Once they touch it, you may as well try to get the ball and advance it as far as you can because even if you fumble, you still maintain possession of the ball. Technically it's a penalty on the kicking team for touching the football, but there is no loss of yardage associated with it. I'm all for him trying to advance the ball as far as he can. It was a good thought, it just didn't work.

Fixxxer
11-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Once the Cincy touched the ball, the worst end result would be for the Bills to have the ball where they touched it. Once they touch it, you may as well try to get the ball and advance it as far as you can because even if you fumble, you still maintain possession of the ball. Technically it's a penalty on the kicking team for touching the football, but there is no loss of yardage associated with it. I'm all for him trying to advance the ball as far as he can. It was a good thought, it just didn't work.

Chris Spielman praised Tate's preparation and understanding of the rules on that play. Smart play by him, he has been a very good FA pick-up, shame he had a drop on third down (though there was an illegal shift/motion penalty)

swiper
11-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Chris Spielman praised Tate's preparation and understanding of the rules on that play. Smart play by him, he has been a very good FA pick-up, shame he had a drop on third down (though there was an illegal shift/motion penalty)

I agree that Tate's been a pretty good pick up. He seems to be a good returner. Add to it a couple of nice grabs he's made - he's been a nice addition.

Victor7
11-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Balls
Defense. Held on there at the end. It wasn't pretty and AJ Green not being out there was enormous but hey. We got the W
Gillislie. Guy just makes plays time and time again
Carpenter. Nailed all kicks uinlcuding the tough 54 yarder.
Gilmore. About time he had a game like that.
Tate. Got some nice returns there. I feel like he's a due a td at some point. He's come close on a few occasions.
Nugent. Dumbass. Huge misses.

Goats
Penalties. A Rex Ryan specialty. Such an undisciplined team.
Blanton. I expect him to be this week's Duke Williams and get cut. What a horrendous player.
Tyrod. Awful game. From start to finish. He looked every bit of JP Losman out there. One of his worst games by far. What is it with this guy that he can't be consistent.
McCoy's injuries. Enough already.
Red zone offense. Twice we had an opportunity to score and came away empty handed.
4th quarter offense. Couldn't put the game away despite numerous opportunities. Why Lynn kept calling pass plays despite our obvious superiority and their tiredness on the run game is beyond my comprehension.

Mace
11-22-2016, 06:01 PM

I just don't see it. I mean fine if he was standing 5 yards away, facing upfield, and it bounced out of the pile, but he was facing into the pile surrounded by Bengals, moving in their direction toward his own endzone. Had he even gotten the ball, there was no meaningful gain there, and he was close enough to get hit by a rogue bounce if they didn't. You just don't see returners getting anywhere near balls in that situation.

Fixxxer
11-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I just don't see it. I mean fine if he was standing 5 yards away, facing upfield, and it bounced out of the pile, but he was facing into the pile surrounded by Bengals, moving in their direction toward his own endzone. Had he even gotten the ball, there was no meaningful gain there, and he was close enough to get hit by a rogue bounce if they didn't. You just don't see returners getting anywhere near balls in that situation.

It's a weird rule, no doubt, I guess they should review it in the off-season. I have to say, it's good to see one of our players knowing the rule book and put it to good use to their advantage.

yordad
11-25-2016, 10:35 AM

Good explanation but it isn't technically a penalty. If the kicking team touches it first, they don't throw a flag. They mark the spot by throwing a bean bag. The receiving team can then take the ball at the spot of first touching (or any others spots where the kicking team touches it) or the result of the play.