4) Tyrod is back as our starter
5) Aaron Williams retires
6) Kyle Williams restructures
7) Robert Woods is re-signed
8) Zack Brown and Lorenzo Alexander are re-signed
9) Bills draft WR, CB, and OT with 3 of their top 4 picks
10) We draft a K and cut Crapenter at the end of TC

And out of that list I like:

1) Letting Gilmore walk- Never been a fan and he is FAR from worth 13 mill per. I'd rather draft someone and go in a new direction
2) Whaley returning- He continues to impress with a great Tyrod contract and free agent finds like Lorenzo Alexander and Zack Brown
3) Robert Woods being back- Love the guy and I'd like him to be a Bill for good
4) Drafting a WR, CB, and OT
5) Bringing Tyrod back- He's not our problem and with better talent around him, on the field, for the whole year, I think he can get us to the playoffs

What I don't like:

1) Bringing Rex back- It'll happen but it shouldn't. His teams play too undisciplined and he allowed too much bad scheming and play for too long. It cost us games.

Mahdi
11-21-2016, 07:46 AM
1) Whaley returns
2) Rex returns
3) Gilmore is gone

1) Letting Gilmore walk- Never been a fan and he is FAR from worth 13 mill per. I'd rather draft someone and go in a new direction
2) Whaley returning- He continues to impress with a great Tyrod contract and free agent finds like Lorenzo Alexander and Zack Brown
5) Bringing Tyrod back- He's not our problem and with better talent around him, on the field, for the whole year, I think he can get us to the playoffs

What I don't like:

1) Bringing Rex back- It'll happen but it shouldn't. His teams play too undisciplined and he allowed too much bad scheming and play for too long. It cost us games.

I'm in the minority but I want Rex to remain. They have done a good job of coaching up players, adding key pieces that fit their defense and one thing I really like is that we have come out of halftime of most games having made great adjustments to tighten up on defense.

Rex can get the Bills to the playoffs. From what I have seen our defense has often been in position to make the play but the players haven't won. We need to be a bit more patient and I'm pretty sure Rex will get the recipe right.

coastal
11-21-2016, 07:52 AM
https://youtu.be/M628DuIEZ_o

MikeInRoch
11-21-2016, 08:11 AM
1) Whaley returns
2) Rex returns
3) Gilmore is gone

I agree that the first 6, 9, and 10 will happen. I'd really like Woods to re-sign, but I'm concerned someone else will over-pay him. Same with Zack Brown. I do think Alexander will be back.

justasportsfan
11-21-2016, 10:21 AM
1)
5) Bringing Tyrod back- He's not our problem and with better talent around him, on the field,

He is a problem when he can't see open players on the field. Bringing more talent is going to do what when he can't even find Clay? He is a below average passing QB which means he is a problem.

1) Bringing Rex back- It'll happen but it shouldn't. His teams play too undisciplined and he allowed too much bad scheming and play for too long. It cost us games. wonder how Russ is going to sell tickets. Then again, there isn't anything to do in the area.

1) Whaley returns

Why draft a kicker when he might end up losing a game like Nugent. We also tried to draft one and he's gone.

casdhf
11-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Brown is only playing because of Ragland's injury.

I may be in the minority, but I think Rex is actually doing a good job. We have been killed with injures. Don't forget our 1st and 2nd round picks missed most the season.

WagonCircler
11-21-2016, 10:45 AM
1) Whaley returns
2) Rex returns
3) Gilmore is gone
11) Bills finish out of the playoffs in 2017, 2018....

swiper
11-21-2016, 11:50 AM
How anyone wanting Ryan to return or saying that Taylor is good at this point is mystifying.

DesertFox24
11-21-2016, 04:21 PM
1) Whaley returns
2) Rex returns
3) Gilmore is gone

What I don't like:

I would not say undisciplined per say. Aside from Hughes I have not seen many problems this year. My problem with him is that our offense is in my opinion not designed to get us to the playoffs, it is a great offense if you have a fantastic defense and make it to the playoffs in bad weather. That said you have to make it to the playoffs and our offense is not designed to score points and bunches of points.

Do not get me wrong I love the ground and pound and solid defense I enjoy it because watching your team get run is demolarizing.

That said I agree Rex should go because I doubt he can get us to a super bowl or make us a consistent contender.

Also my real fear is we draft Deshaun Watson in the first round. Rex is obessed with running QBs because from his defensive minded perspective it is hard to stop and gives them problems in preparing a game plan. That said a good accurate passer will beat those running QBs 90 out of 100 times in my opinion.

SpikedLemonade
11-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Whaley is Dead Man Walking when the Bills don't make the play-offs.

Unfortunately, like in NY, Rex will handpick his next victim GM.

Mace
11-21-2016, 06:59 PM

Heh, Pegula said he considers Whaley a "new" GM. He's not going anywhere.

Agree with what X-Era says is likely, 1-10, though it might be a problem paying Zach more than someone else will as MikeInRoch points out, don't really agree with some of X's comments.

I'm not impressed by Whaley, though I'll give him credit for Zach & Lorenzo, and lesser credit for Taylor's contract (which I'd give credit to Overdorf primarily, though Whaley would have directed it, minor quibble), This was a real deep, talent rich draft which he could have done better with, and I'm just not impressed by his body of work overall.

I don't think Taylor can get us to the playoffs, he just isn't in command of the offense so much as he runs plays with relative efficiency. Thing is though, they're determined to have a running smallball QB for their offensive philosophy. Is there a better running smallball QB available who is that elusive and can run that well ? Not that I know of.

Is he the problem ? I doubt it, just because of what they want from him, as opposed to the different problem of what they want in a QB for their offense in the modern game. So the problem, to me imho, is their offense and what they want from a QB in it.

QB has got to be able to command an offense and take control of even the occasional game for a rally from behind, run a concise two minute drill with urgency, direct his players. Even see Tannehill doing it, Cousins, Winston, Wentz, etc. I don't see that in Taylor. Whenever they fall behind, they stay there. To convince me, Taylor needs to do that, instead of just being ok when everything else is ok.

I still don't think any of this this is progress though.

Crisis
11-21-2016, 08:01 PM
The Pats should have waited a year to overpay for a Bills WR, Woods would be a perfect WR for Brady. I hope we can keep him.

jamze132
11-22-2016, 08:10 AM
Whaley isn't really the problem. He's a great evaluator of talent and has brought a lot of talent to the roster. He'll never live down the Watkins pick and I think he's learned from that mistake going forward. I'd love for him to be able to pick the next HC with no influence from ownership.

SpikedLemonade
11-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Whaley isn't really the problem. He's a great evaluator of talent and has brought a lot of talent to the roster. He'll never live down the Watkins pick and I think he's learned from that mistake going forward. I'd love for him to be able to pick the next HC with no influence from ownership.

Not going toi happen.

He is seen as a first time light weight GM at this point in his career whereas the buffoon is still living on the rep Ray Lewis created for him as a defensive guru.

Victor7
11-22-2016, 01:07 PM
1) Whaley returns
2) Rex returns
3) Gilmore is gone

What I don't like:

Agree with you on 1 through 7. With Ragland coming back next year I'm not sure Zach Brown is coming back. I do think Alexander is.
I think we are gonna draft a safety pretty high next year. Our best is probably going to retire. Graham is just ok and the depth is probably the league's worst. We are in dire need at the position. I think Carp is back in 2017 baring a huge meltdown from here on out.

I have no idea why you (or anyone) is impressed with the Tyrod deal. We basically have to pay him like a top player, which he isn't, or start from scratch by letting him go. No middle ground, the extension that never needed to happen is not impressive in my book by any means. Whaley HAS to go. But I do think he'll be back. Ditto for Rex and his "defensive prowess". Its all fame by now. No actual results on that front.

The Jokeman
11-23-2016, 06:40 AM

Rex's thumb prints are all over this roster I mean the last two signings are former Jets and a Clemson grad. Say what you want but Whaley is GM but Rex has some control over the roster. Personally I think Whaley's done a stand up job in building this team to where it is today and from a talent stand point it's the best we've had in years.

The Jokeman
11-23-2016, 06:47 AM
1) Whaley returns
2) Rex returns
3) Gilmore is gone

What I don't like:

Don't forget Brandon Tate and Douzable in the Whaley/Rex offseason pick ups that been good role players. In terms of the offseason I think we might let Zach Brown go and the money we'd spent on him would go toward shoring up the RT position. Let's not forget that we tried to bring Bryan Bulaga in a few years ago and even offered him more money but he ended up returning to Green Bay. As someone who wasn't a fan of drafting Robert Woods he's grown on me and love to have him back yet think he's going to get a fat contract by a team like San Francisco. If Rex and Tyrod return I'm worried because I don't see either one being "good enough" to get us to the ultimate goal of a Super Bowl.