PDA

View Full Version : Last Offensive play

ghz in pittsburgh
11-21-2016, 07:50 AM
We were all screaming run, run , run. Even though Cinci were somewhat prepared for that, I think the way we were running the ball, we could pick that up, even if we don't, we run the clock down to 2 minute warning.

We just don't have the players for a high percentage 3 yard route at that time. Harvey came uncovered on that play, but he just could not push to the side line hard enough -- in his first full game back this season.

Mahdi
11-21-2016, 07:56 AM
We were all screaming run, run , run. Even though Cinci were somewhat prepared for that, I think the way we were running the ball, we could pick that up, even if we don't, we run the clock down to 2 minute warning.

We just don't have the players for a high percentage 3 yard route at that time. Harvey came uncovered on that play, but he just could not push to the side line hard enough -- in his first full game back this season.

I think we could and maybe should have run the ball.

On the throw to Harvin, I doubt it was his lack of conditioning that prevented him from getting to the sideline. You can imagine that TT was going to be very safe with that throw and push is to the boundary as hard as he could to make sure it wasn't picked off. It was probably too far and too fast for Harvin to reach it.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2016, 08:06 AM
I hated the play call, but Harvin was definitely open. A capable QB hits that throw 4 times out of 5 and we win the game right there.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-21-2016, 08:54 AM
I hated the play call, but Harvin was definitely open. A capable QB hits that throw 4 times out of 5 and we win the game right there.

I actually think the throw was OK. It was a two-step throw, well before Harvin getting his breaks, and it landed inbound. You can see it from the start no defender on the outside. Tming was off, and like the commentator said, Harvin needed to break for outside as hard as he can and as soon as he can.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2016, 09:00 AM
I actually think the throw was OK. It was a two-step throw, well before Harvin getting his breaks, and it landed inbound. You can see it from the start no defender on the outside. Tming was off, and like the commentator said, Harvin needed to break for outside as hard as he can and as soon as he can.

You could be right. It could have been a bad route, maybe the timing was off, maybe there was a gust of wind. The thing is though, I don't care about any of those things. A good QB completes a pass to an open receiver 3 yards down field for the game winning first down. If Tyrod didn't think he could complete that pass to a new receiver that he hasn't had a chance to work much with, then he shouldn't have thrown it. At the very least, it's a play that shouldn't have been called.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-21-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm more concerned about several other throws of Tyrod, like the one Woods got hurt on. That one should be intercepted. The one that was intercepted -- the ball should be thrown to the back of endzone, allowing Goodwin continue his momentum and away from the defender. The one to Clay in the 4th quarter where they beat the blitz ...

Overall the passing offense seemed a bit off from everyone yesterday. The one thing that was effective was the running attack, but they seemed to go away from that simply because Cinci put 8th guy in the box. They actually did fine against 8 guys in the box most of the time yesterday.

Mahdi
11-21-2016, 09:54 AM
I'm more concerned about several other throws of Tyrod, like the one Woods got hurt on. That one should be intercepted. The one that was intercepted -- the ball should be thrown to the back of endzone, allowing Goodwin continue his momentum and away from the defender. The one to Clay in the 4th quarter where they beat the blitz ...

Overall the passing offense seemed a bit off from everyone yesterday. The one thing that was effective was the running attack, but they seemed to go away from that simply because Cinci put 8th guy in the box. They actually did fine against 8 guys in the box most of the time yesterday.

I still don't understand why they did't run the ball into the endzone when they were inside the 3. With TT it should be a TD every time when inside the redzone. It should be too hard to defend TT and our running game from that close in.

Night Train
11-22-2016, 03:52 PM
He could have thrown a shuffle pass to Harvin, he was so close to him. That was a bad miss.

That sealed my long term view of Taylor. ( He's not the answer )

Victor7
11-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Bad throw and bad timing on that one. Oh yeah but bad call too. Why pass in that scenario ?

Tyrod was having a **** game too so its not like he was on a roll or something.