• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

How are so many able to assess Tyrod?

It really blows me away how many arm chair experts are assessing Tyrod based on what they're seeing on Sundays.

His receiving options are an absolute joke.

• Goodwin has never played in more than 4 games in a season, and up until this year he ran one route. In 2016 he's been asked to run the entire route tree. He's done better than expected but any defender can bump him off his route with little to no effort, he's also 5'9".
    • Robert Woods can be a legit receiver when healthy, that's been minimal this year and without Sammy he get all the attention.
    • Justin Hunter... picked up in Week 3. But cleary this guy lacks any ability to separate from defenders.
    • Percy Harvin. Was literally on his couch three weeks ago, great athlete but he's hardly in shape to be playing. This move was pure desperation.
    • Walt Powell been in the league since 2014 and had never registered a reception until this season. Enough said.
    • Charles Clay, the one weapon the Bills have has consistently under produced. He an Tyrod just don't seem to be on the same page.
    • Nick Oleary. I like this kid a lot but he doesnt see the field as a receiver enough to factor into this equation.

It's really a disaster out there. I have seen the same bad throws that you have, he's definitely out of sorts and missing some pretty basic throws. I just think that has more to do with timing and chemistry than it does with his ability. I also think that not one of these receivers besides Woods can win a one on one battle. So that's where the conservative protect the ball type play comes from. Blame Whaley for not starting the season with 5 or 6 fully capable WR's but losing your 1 and 3 prior to Week 3. Is going to hurt almost any QB, replacing those guys with inexperience is going to result in conservative play.

Tyrod's ability to convert on 3rd down is something I don't think Bills fans have seen in a long long time. Until there's a real upgrade available (like a top 10 QB). I like Tyrod as our guy. Some of you are putting way to much on a guy who has started 24 games. So much of this offense is designed for Sammy and McCoy. Without them Tyrod has to bare the load... and that's not who he is, and that's OK. There's only like 4 of those guys in the game.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: How are so many able to assess Tyrod?

The piece that you are missing is that there are a lot of times when someone is wide open and Tyrod can't find them. Talk to the people who go to a lot of games, especially the ones with a good understanding of football.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      The piece that you are missing is that there are a lot of times when someone is wide open and Tyrod can't find them. Talk to the people who go to a lot of games, especially the ones with a good understanding of football.
      I see it too, but I also see a QB who is getting flushed out of the pocket quite a bit. I don't think making three reads is realistic right now.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
        I see it too, but I also see a QB who is getting flushed out of the pocket quite a bit. I don't think making three reads is realistic right now.
        he gets flushed out of the pocket because he can't makes reads in less than 3 secs . Rather than throw in tight windows and let the receiver make a play, he'll take off with the ball and run around until someone gets open.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mouldsie
          • Aug 2012

He's an average QB. Not bad, not great. I want ****ing great. I want the next Russel Wilson (whoops) or Marcus Mariota or Andrew Luck or Dak Prescott (whoops).

Josh Rosen is my early target if I'm the GM. This year's class doesn't do it for me. There may be a great QB to emerge but where we'll be picking I don't see one I'm enamored with.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            he gets flushed out of the pocket because he can't makes reads in less than 3 secs . Rather than throw in tight windows and let the receiver make a play, he'll take off with the ball and run around until someone gets open.
            These guys can't make a play that's my point. Hell Goodwin cant catch a ball unless he can get out of bounds and he's been our #1 receiver 3 or 4 times this year.
            It was all

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
              He's an average QB. Not bad, not great. I want ****ing great. I want the next Russel Wilson (whoops) or Marcus Mariota or Andrew Luck or Dak Prescott (whoops).

Josh Rosen is my early target if I'm the GM. This year's class doesn't do it for me. There may be a great QB to emerge but where we'll be picking I don't see one I'm enamored with.
              I am all for an upgrade. But we can't lose Taylor while we crapshoot for one. If we lose the mobility this team looks a hell of a lot worse.
              It was all

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

How many more years do you want to keep watching him check it down to the running backs or throw a button hook/comeback? Should we give him another extension just to make sure?

There are plenty of plays where he has all day to throw and misses some open receivers. And what happened to his patented long ball? Is the go route gone from the playbook or is it now just used to get defenders further away from the checkdown?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

These guys can't make a play that's my point. Hell Goodwin cant catch a ball unless he can get out of bounds and he's been our #1 receiver 3 or 4 times this year.
                  Did Clay get stupid all of a sudden?

Even when Watkins was healthy, TT was not a very good passing qb. Not a very goo middle of the field passing game.

The lack of success in the passing game is really a combination of several factors, the greatest of which is the loss of Sammy Watkins. The remaining receivers resemble what you'd expect the low end of a normal depth chart to look like, especially against Miami when the likes of Marquise Goodwin and Justin Hunter were Taylor's top two receiving options. Taylor is also more than willing to use his legs at the expense of his arm to pick up yardage, which has been a double-edged sword so far this year.

The final factor, simply put, is that Taylor is just very limited as a passer. Even when he has time in the pocket, he misses a lot of plays that a better quarterback would make. Better receivers would help, but if your passing offense is dependent on having someone with Watkins' ability to be effective, there are going to be problems.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Tyrod Taylor sucks

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Did Clay get stupid all of a sudden?

Even when Watkins was healthy, TT was not a very good passing qb. Not a very goo middle of the field passing game.
                      I agree the middle of the field is easily his worst area. I don't think Clay got stupid I think he got paid. I dont know that his lack of production is totally tied to Taylor either. Even last season he wasn't much of a threat.
                      It was all

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

I want to point out that he's finding the right play now, an improvement from last year where he would've resorted to run too early.

However, he's not finding the right play early enough where he can set and deliver the ball. Often the window gets closed and he has to run for dear life, or he has to throw the ball into tight coverage (or just beyond coverage) so it appears he has accuracy issues.

More and more, I see opposing teams become more and more disciplined and not giving him wide open targets when he scrambles. For that matter, the Bills receiving corp are not helping by creating separations early and often for him to go to.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                          How many more years do you want to keep watching him check it down to the running backs or throw a button hook/comeback? Should we give him another extension just to make sure?
                          There are plenty of plays where he has all day to throw and misses some open receivers. And what happened to his patented long ball? Is the go route gone from the playbook or is it now just used to get defenders further away from the checkdown?
                          I don't think any of these guys get separation honestly.
                          It was all

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

I don't think Clay got stupid I think he got paid.
                            So what happens when TT gets paid?
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

So what happens when TT gets paid?
                              Hopefully not the same thing that happened to Flacco.
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X