PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Shaq Lawson?

Shady25
11-21-2016, 07:22 PM
the man has definitely performed coming back from his injury. i think we can put another W in Whaley's draft day performance.

i would imagine he hits a slump as does anyone not named JJ Watt, but this kid is talented. i almost want to change my username to Shaq.

how do you guys feel about the almighty Lawson?

Mace
11-21-2016, 09:00 PM
The shoulder problem was unfortunate but he'd still be my first round pick every time if he was sitting there. For a few games and working him into the defense, I think he's doing just fine with his best ahead. I still think this was an excellent pick, if not immediate gratification.

I never thought Lawson would become a monster defensive beast, but think he'll be a consistently very good player who will startle you with moments of excellence for years. If he stays healthy, the position he plays is going to be a certainty going forward, and make people happy that he's a vital cog in the machine. I think of him as prime Phil Hansen with more tools and skill to have dominant moments as he matures in the game.

I like Shaq Lawson as a player, a pick and a Bill for years ahead.

DraftBoy
11-21-2016, 09:46 PM
What's he got 6 tackles and 2 sacks thus far?

His pass rush and athleticism are apparent by just watching him but you can see how raw he is in taking on blockers and making plays in space v pursuit. Still plenty of work but it's good he's getting time now.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2016, 10:24 PM
If he can stay healthy, he'll be the best DE in franchise history not named Bruce.

Mace
11-21-2016, 10:42 PM
What's he got 6 tackles and 2 sacks thus far?

His pass rush and athleticism are apparent by just watching him but you can see how raw he is in taking on blockers and making plays in space v pursuit. Still plenty of work but it's good he's getting time now.

Well yeah, but averaging 21 or so snaps a game in 4 games coming off shoulder surgery into a complex defense. I mean I'm not getting overexcited here but that's not too shabby, if it's not going to make you leap for joy.

cookie G
11-22-2016, 12:24 AM
He throws a hell of a tight spiral!

Topas
11-22-2016, 03:03 AM
If he can stay healthy, he'll be the best DE in franchise history not named Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce.
Corrected it.

swiper
11-22-2016, 04:58 AM
What Draftboy said.

Good to see him get playing time, but way too early to make any such call on him like suggested in the o.p. He's a work in progress. Grading him will have to wait until next season.

YardRat
11-22-2016, 05:05 AM
This is his pre-season, we'll have to wait until next year to start really passing judgement. It's good that he recovered soon enough to get these reps in, though...the learning curve would be longer if he had to sit out the entire year.

Victor7
11-22-2016, 01:09 PM
He might be Better than Bruuuuuce ??

Lets pump the breaks here. He's played 3 games.

I'd set the bar a little lower for now. Think Phil Hansen or Aaron Schobel. Better than Bruce ??

Or was that sarcasm ?

Mr. Pink
11-22-2016, 01:11 PM
He might be Better than Bruuuuuce ??

Lets pump the breaks here. He's played 3 games.

I'd set the bar a little lower for now. Think Phil Hansen or Aaron Schobel. Better than Bruce ??

Or was that sarcasm ?

I said he has the talent to be the best DE in franchise history not named Bruce, not that he'll be better than Bruce.

Mahdi
11-22-2016, 01:26 PM
What I really like about Sack Lawson is his ability to bend underneath OTs.

For a big man he has good flexion.

There is a good video about it on youtube on the cover 1 bills channel.

On top of that he has really good strength to shed blockers.