PDA

View Full Version : Playoff predictor - Bills can get home field advantage by winning out & NE stumble

Skooby
11-22-2016, 11:00 PM
It might seem crazy but if we can win out and NE falters, there's a chance at the number 1 seed. I know it sounds crazy and highly unlikely but I see some games where somebody has to lose so the Bills win.

http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=EwRjpZSnLtJQeOTm3o8altVzTCBXFfSAZkVAuOXVN2hjvOvRWacYi9jtIkcvXoTzccJeAOAAGebKA

If the Bills win out, we will make the playoffs by all normal accounts as a 5th seed with a chance of a conference championship home game.

Skooby
11-22-2016, 11:04 PM
My scenario had Buffalo playing Dallas, revenge could be ours as well. I would love to watch Jerry squirt his last breath there, one can dream.

Mr. Pink
11-22-2016, 11:14 PM
You have the Browns winning 2 games, therefore your prediction is already debunked.

They won't even win 1.

Skooby
11-22-2016, 11:15 PM
If we beat the Raiders, we're going to make the playoffs on winning out.

The Bills will come close but once again miss the playoffs. They will defeat the Jaguars, Steelers, Browns, Dolphins, and Jets. Their only loss will come against the Raiders. Keep an eye on the Bills, a team that has been overlooked all season but will compete for a playoff spot.

http://truetobigblue.sportsblog.com/posts/29792827/nfl-playoff-predictions--final-records---individual-game-results-.html

SpikedLemonade
11-23-2016, 05:42 AM
Mitch, see other thread you insane bastard you.

YardRat
11-23-2016, 06:49 AM
Funny how one win can take somebody from 'the season is over' to 'home field advantage'.

Skooby
11-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Funny how one win can take somebody from 'the season is over' to 'home field advantage'.
Like Denver last season from almost missing the playoffs to home field, things happen.

Novacane
11-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Us winning out is far more likely than the Patriots stumbling and us winning out is about 5% chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Both happening is almost impossible

OpIv37
11-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Ever see that the Mega Millions jackpot has gotten huge and briefly daydream about what you'd do if you had all that money before realizing you'll never win and getting on with your day?

That's all this thread is.

Forward_Lateral
11-23-2016, 08:33 AM
If the Bills don't win out, they won't make it. 10 wins won't be enough, unless one of Oakland/Denver/KC completely poops the bed

Joe Fo Sho
11-23-2016, 09:17 AM
Ever see that the Mega Millions jackpot has gotten huge and briefly daydream about what you'd do if you had all that money before realizing you'll never win and getting on with your day?

This type of thread is our Thanksgiving tradition!

justasportsfan
11-23-2016, 10:19 AM
wait. so we're winning more than 1 game????? Yipeee!

POTLAND PSILBYLO
11-23-2016, 10:40 AM

Yeah, for $1 I get to fantasize about where I'm going to park my yacht, worth it sometimes. Movies are $11.50

OpIv37
11-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Here's the other issue: of the teams we've beaten so far, the only one likely to make the playoffs is NE and they had to play an injured third string QB that game. No one else that we've beaten is even close, although Cincy could still back in by being in a weak div.

So if we do sneak in, the team we will have to beat in the first round is going to be better than any team we've beaten yet.

Ed
11-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Here's the other issue: of the teams we've beaten so far, the only one likely to make the playoffs is NE and they had to play an injured third string QB that game. No one else that we've beaten is even close, although Cincy could still back in by being in a weak div.

So if we do sneak in, the team we will have to beat in the first round is going to be better than any team we've beaten yet.
If the Bills make the playoffs it's probably going to require beating both the Raiders and Steelers, and there is a good chance that both win their divisions.

Victor7
11-23-2016, 12:40 PM
LOL at the Pats crumbling

LOLer at the Bills winning out

Mace
11-23-2016, 06:16 PM
It might seem crazy but if we can win out and NE falters, there's a chance at the number 1 seed.

Frankly Baldwin, er, MurrayDowntown, it sounds crazy and highly unlikely.

Helluva good shot at finding a blue skies bright side though.

BillsImpossible
11-23-2016, 07:05 PM
The Patriots remaining schedule:

At Jets (3-7)

Rams (4-6)

Ravens (5-5)

At Broncos (7-3)

Jets (3-7)

At Miami (6-4)

New England is 8-2 with 6 games remaining, 3 against AFC East opponents.

If the Patriots lose 3 games, they finish at 11-5.

If the Bills win out, they finish at 11-5.

Tiebreaker would come down to head to head matchup, which is 1-1.

Division record is second, which could be 3-3.

Best win/loss percentage in "common games" is third.

I'm assuming "common games" is the win loss record of the teams both the Bills and Patriots played.

That could be a tie too.

Conference record is the 4th tiebreaker.

That could be a tie too.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The 12th tiebreaker is a coin toss, :nod:

YardRat
11-23-2016, 07:09 PM
If it comes down to a coin toss I want Phil Luckett's ass out of the country at the time.

Mace
11-23-2016, 07:20 PM
The Patriots remaining schedule:

At Jets (3-7)

Rams (4-6)

Ravens (5-5)

At Broncos (7-3)

Jets (3-7)

At Miami (6-4)

New England is 8-2 with 6 games remaining, 3 against AFC East opponents.

If the Patriots lose 3 games, they finish at 11-5.

If the Bills win out, they finish at 11-5.

Tiebreaker would come down to head to head matchup, which is 1-1.

Division record is second, which could be 3-3.

Best win/loss percentage in "common games" is third.

I'm assuming "common games" is the win loss record of the teams both the Bills and Patriots played.

That could be a tie too.

Conference record is the 4th tiebreaker.

That could be a tie too.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The 12th tiebreaker is a coin toss, :nod:

Wth, I'm in.

Luisito23
11-24-2016, 07:08 AM
I said the exact same thing last year and I'll say it again...and again next year...

I can't wait 'till this team is "officially" eliminated so these pathetic threads will finally disappear.

Skooby
11-24-2016, 09:55 AM
I said the exact same thing last year and I'll say it again...and again next year...

I can't wait 'till this team is "officially" eliminated so these pathetic threads will finally disappear.

Pathetic ?? That's a little harsh.

Skooby
11-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Oh I forgot to mention this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/25/tom-brady-out-of-practice-again-on-thursday/#comment-5362604

Luisito23
11-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Pathetic ?? That's a little harsh.

Not you Mitch...just your thread's topic, we're still cool.