PDA

View Full Version : Bills Brethren -- We Must Accept that Sammy Watkins is a Bust

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 01:05 AM
His recent comments about not playing until he is fully healthy are all I need to hear from a player who is oft injured and simply refuses to play through it.

I can only assume Sammy is attempting to set up a spin on his poor statistics since being drafted such that he can say that his injuries are the reason when it comes to seeking a big contract after his rookie deal is done.

We need to cut our losses with Sammy.

AND due to the size of the mistake trading for and drafting Sammy, Doug Whaley's head must roll this off-season as well.

We need to move on.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 01:17 AM
"If I’m healthy enough to play and they think I’m healthy, then I’m going to go out there," said Watkins. "I’m not going to go out there unhealthy."

jamze132
11-24-2016, 02:59 AM
Whaley screwed up with drafting Sammy but he's also made some great moves in FA, knowing who to let walk, and he's drafted pretty well overall. I'd love to see him be able to hire his own HC and not a loudmouth forced on him by the owner.

Topas
11-24-2016, 03:57 AM
Yes, because playing players half-injured makes so much sense. See McCoy.
Playing him to get to 8 wins makes no sense this year.

I am not defending the pick of Whaley. That is a nother topic. I am saying playing him this year when he is not 100% makes no sense.
Or are you under the illusion that we can still make the playoffs ... lol!

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 04:16 AM
Yes, because playing players half-injured makes so much sense. See McCoy.
Playing him to get to 8 wins makes no sense this year.

I am not defending the pick of Whaley. That is a nother topic. I am saying playing him this year when he is not 100% makes no sense.
Or are you under the illusion that we can still make the playoffs ... lol!

Of course I do not think we can still make the play-offs and attempting to get 8 wins pisses me off.

The issue is that Sammy is a bust physically and mentally.

Physically, Sammy can't stay healthy. There is something about his body, style of play or usage that puts him in the above average category of percentage of the season injured.

Mentally, Sammy has shown no toughness whatsoever ever. In previous seasons as well as this one, he simply would not play unless 100% healthy. Believe it or not, many NFL players play on any given Sunday when they are not 100% healthy.

What Sammy is telling us by not playing unless he is 100% healthy is that he is either a wimp or that he is better than Bills in that it is not worth his effort to gut through an injury on a team that isn't going anywhere or both.

I can only assume this type of attitude has been recognized by his teammates and that the list of Bills players volunteering to drive Sammy to the airport when his rookie contract expires is as long as my ape like arm.

swiper
11-24-2016, 04:49 AM
Who is Sammy Watkins?

coastal
11-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Black guys help the white guys...

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 06:14 AM

I don't think even the Purple and Green people could help Asswiper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El65C0u_J3U

Luisito23
11-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Who is Sammy Watkins?

Night Train
11-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Being heavily paid to rehab in a whirlpool is a sweet gig.

sdbillsfan2
11-24-2016, 07:39 AM
Bust ?? Probably....
But definitely not worth the price "Spud" Whaley paid for him ...

swiper
11-24-2016, 07:46 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g7sNpXJ6ci0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skooby
11-24-2016, 09:53 AM
It's a smokescreen, he's playing and we are winning it all baby !!

Mahdi
11-24-2016, 10:05 AM
Sammy Watkins has basically the same injury Julio Jones had in 2013 that forced him to miss 11 games.

We have all seen what Watkins does on the field when he is healthy and I for one am happy he is a Bill.

There was a stretch last season where he was basically uncoverable. If he can get healthy and get back to that this is a different offense and I doubt our fickle fan base will be claiming he wasn't worth the extra first round pick paid for him.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 10:38 AM
Sammy Watkins has basically the same injury Julio Jones had in 2013 that forced him to miss 11 games.

We have all seen what Watkins does on the field when he is healthy and I for one am happy he is a Bill.

There was a stretch last season where he was basically uncoverable. If he can get healthy and get back to that this is a different offense and I doubt our fickle fan base will be claiming he wasn't worth the extra first round pick paid for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnaeIAEp2pU

Goobylal
11-24-2016, 10:55 AM
LOL! Way too early to call him a bust.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 10:57 AM

Another homer.

Is it too late to call Kodak a bust as well?

How about Blockbusters?

Skooby
11-24-2016, 10:58 AM
How much longer until he wants $15 M a season for being injured?

Mr. Pink
11-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Is he gonna cry on Twitter again after getting some backlash from fans?

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 11:11 AM

His agent is already in his ear Mitch and you know it.

On a personal note, how is your Mitch Ass Size Reduction ProgramTM going?

Mace
11-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Whaley screwed up with drafting Sammy but he's also made some great moves in FA, knowing who to let walk, and he's drafted pretty well overall. I'd love to see him be able to hire his own HC and not a loudmouth forced on him by the owner.

Maybe it's just me but I think his FA work is much better than his drafting. Henderson and Kouandjio are still hanging around sort of, but Mills starts. Watkins was expensive hubcaps on a pickup truck used for mudding, Preston Brown looks solid, Darby now suddenly not solid. Johnnie Williams, Listenbee ? Miller looks better, O'Leary is maybe ok. Shaq has his future ahead but now belongs to Zach & Lorenzo. Groy was FA, Taylor, McCoy was a trade, Incognito was FA, Bryant, Worthy, Cory Graham, Blanton.

To me this means Whaley is a career pro personnel guy not GM.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Who was it that's been calling drafting Sammy a bigger bust than Maybin?

Everyone knew Maybin was going to suck, he lived up to his potential.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2016, 02:36 PM

Is this really the Buffalo Bills standard?

That a player is better than Maybin.

X-Era
11-24-2016, 02:47 PM
What we need to do is continue to add top notch talent at wr and let his rookie deal play itself out.

Draft Mike Williams and resign Robert Woods.

Let Gilmore Girl go.

Crisis
11-24-2016, 06:01 PM

He has slightly worse numbers in his first 2 years as Julio did, with much worse QB play. What a bust.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2016, 06:41 PM
He has slightly worse numbers in his first 2 years as Julio did, with much worse QB play. What a bust.

3rd overall pick that cost two 1st and a 4th whom some thought was the best WR in the draft and was going to be a star. In a draft filled with WRs.

Maybin the 11th pick in the draft whom most thought would blow.

Yes, bigger bust than Maybin.

Crisis
11-24-2016, 07:14 PM
3rd overall pick that cost two 1st and a 4th whom some thought was the best WR in the draft and was going to be a star. In a draft filled with WRs.

Maybin the 11th pick in the draft whom most thought would blow.

Yes, bigger bust than Maybin.

Did we overpay to get him? Yes. Did the Falcons overpay to get Julio? Probably.

Doesn't make him a bust, he's had the same injury problems as Julio early in his career and he's put up almost the same stats as him.

Comparing him to Maybin is just too stupid to even argue. You don't even believe that, you just like to say ridiculous **** to get people riled up.

YardRat
11-24-2016, 07:36 PM
He needs to get, and stay, healthy. Period.

Goobylal
11-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Another homer.

How about Blockbusters?

How long were they around before they went busted?

He'll have to wait until after his rookie contract is up, after the 2017 season. He has not earned $15M/year and no one will pay him that.

WagonCircler
11-24-2016, 10:25 PM

This is off the charts stupid. Even for your ignorant ass.

Kodak a bust? Kodak was one of the most successful companies in the history of mankind for over 100 years.

It's become obsolete, but a bust? Wow. Monumentally stupid statement.

The Jokeman
11-25-2016, 06:08 AM
What we need to do is continue to add top notch talent at wr and let his rookie deal play itself out.

Draft Mike Williams and resign Robert Woods.

Let Gilmore Girl go.
It be ironic that we'd be replacing the guy that replaced Watkins at Clemson here. Another WR on my radar is Corey Davis from Western Michigan.

SpikedLemonade
11-26-2016, 03:16 AM

Kodak a bust? Kodak was one of the most successful companies in the history of mankind for over 100 years.

Thank you for responding.

I appreciate you taking time away from your cave wall drawings to do so.

GOD bless.

No one gives a flying ***** what you did in the past.

Who gives a crap what Kodak did?

Their management should have seen where the world was going but did not.

I should feel some sort of respect for that?

Should I also feel respect for an idiot managing a bar owned by Jim Kelly for not seeing Jim Kelly as an alcoholic?

Please tell me who I should choose to feel sorry for drama queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2016, 09:54 PM
BUST

WagonCircler
11-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Thank you for responding.

I appreciate you taking time away from your cave wall drawings to do so.

GOD bless.

No one gives a flying ***** what you did in the past.

Who gives a crap what Kodak did?

Their management should have seen where the world was going but did not.

I should feel some sort of respect for that?

Should I also feel respect for an idiot managing a bar owned by Jim Kelly for not seeing Jim Kelly as an alcoholic?

Please tell me who I should choose to feel sorry for drama queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A

Blah blah blah blah......

A bust is Aaron Maybin. Never made it. Never did anything.

Kodak was a giant of a company. It changed everything. Much like Apple.

But you wouldn't understand this concept, because companies like this don't exist in your half-assed country.

We have Apple. You have Corel.

Enough said.

sudzy
11-27-2016, 06:30 AM

Kodak was a giant that is now a dinosaur. When everyone has a camera on their phone where is there left for Kodak to go.

Luisito23
11-27-2016, 06:46 AM
LOL...Sammy is a bust, no doubt, but I'm pretty sure Kodak will be all right.

CoolBreeze
11-27-2016, 07:52 AM
Sammy will have multiple good to great seasons, and hopefully in a Bills uniform...

coastal
11-27-2016, 08:05 AM
BUST
This

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2016, 08:11 AM
Someone will drop a bead of sweat on him today and break his wittle toes

WagonCircler
11-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Kodak was a giant that is now a dinosaur. When everyone has a camera on their phone where is there left for Kodak to go.

Not the point. If you're going to call something a bust, (especially in the context of a football player--i.e. this conversation) it means that thing was expected to perform, but never did.

Calling Kodak a bust is like calling Joe Montana a bust because he got old and didn't play that well with the Chiefs and eventually had to retire. So what if he won a national championship at Notre Dame and four Super Bowls.

Night Train
11-27-2016, 07:07 PM
That was a nice bust down the field today.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2016, 05:40 AM

Blacks Canada (photography) closed its retail stores and became an internet presence doing digital prints.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2016, 06:08 AM
That was a nice bust down the field today.

Agreed.

Some people are giving him a game ball for 3 catches, 80 yards, 0 TDs, when his 62 yard reception in a poorly officiated game was offensive pass interference

Compared to receiver drafted after him, who didn't cost two 1sts and a 4th, on the same week put up numbers...

OBJ: 6 Receptions, 96 yards, 2 TDs
Mike Evans: 8 Rec, 104 yards, 2 TDs
Benjamin: 2 Rec, 53 yards, 1 TD
Moncrief: 6 Rec. 45 yards 1 TD
Landry: 4 Rec, 47 yards
Cooks: DNP
M. Lee: 4 Rec, 37 yards, 1 TD
Richardson: 1 Rec. 17 yards, 0 TDs
Jordan Matthews: Playing tonight
Cody Latimer: DNP
Allen Robinson: 2 Rec. 24 Yards, 0TDs
John Brown: 1 rec, 19 yards

sukie
11-28-2016, 06:44 AM
Blah blah blah blah......

A bust is Aaron Maybin. Never made it. Never did anything.

Kodak was a giant of a company. It changed everything. Much like Apple.

But you wouldn't understand this concept, because companies like this don't exist in your half-assed country.

We have Apple. You have Corel.

Enough said.
I love the Corel reference. Still head scratching the decision to stop mac compatibility.

We have Apple you have Blackberry is another.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2016, 07:31 AM
AND you have buffoon Donald Trump and we have sexy Justin Trudeau....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFu8TuKG8ME

Buffalogic
11-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Agreed.

Some people are giving him a game ball for 3 catches, 80 yards, 0 TDs, when his 62 yard reception in a poorly officiated game was offensive pass interference

Compared to receiver drafted after him, who didn't cost two 1sts and a 4th, on the same week put up numbers...

Any of those guys playing in their first game after an 8 week injury?

starrymessenger
11-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Watkins is a major talent and there is no dog in him when he sees the field. Talent wise he is on a par with or very close to BJr IMO. Waiting for his surgery though was probably a dumb/careless move.
Whaley way overpaid for him, especially given the talent available in his draft class. We all know the reason. He probably thought the short passing game O and YAC that Sammy excelled in at Clemson would help cover up for the shortcomings of his monumental QB bust. Of course it did not.
Whaley doesn't know QBs and he doesn't know WRs. Sort of strange given that he hails from the Steelers org. Just think of the wideouts (many of them mid to even late round picks - A. Brown comes to mind amongst others) that have played in Pittsburg or are currently on the team.

starrymessenger
11-28-2016, 11:03 AM

BTW Wagon, a belated congrats re your Cubbies.

djjimkelly
11-28-2016, 11:13 AM
Agreed.

i agree with you alot TD but sammy watkins has no qb throwing to him. not that all these wrs have top wrs but we have IMO honestly we have a bottom 5 qb

Victor7
11-28-2016, 11:13 AM
He's not a bust. A bust is a guy drafted high that end up sucking big time. See Russel Jamarcus, Leaf Ryan, Maybin Aaron, Carter Kijana, et all.

Sammy was drafted high and at a very steep price but he doesn't suck. If you wanna say he hasn't lived up to the hype because of the injuries and not out of this world numbers I can see that. But a bust ? Nah man.

djjimkelly
11-28-2016, 11:15 AM
AND you have buffoon Donald Trump and we have sexy Justin Trudeau....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFu8TuKG8ME

im canadian and voted for trudeau but LOL

hes a way bigger baffoon then trump

WagonCircler
11-28-2016, 11:55 AM
BTW Wagon, a belated congrats re your Cubbies.

Thank you! That was the best World Series I've ever seen and I'll ever see.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2016, 12:31 PM
im canadian and voted for trudeau but LOL

hes a way bigger baffoon then trump

In what possible way.

Trudeau is relatively respected on the international stage and Trump is seen as a dangerous idiot.

starrymessenger
11-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Thank you! That was the best World Series I've ever seen and I'll ever see.

Unless maybe you live another 100 years.

swiper
11-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Not the point. If you're going to call something a bust, (especially in the context of a football player--i.e. this conversation) it means that thing was expected to perform, but never did.

Calling Kodak a bust is like calling Joe Montana a bust because he got old and didn't play that well with the Chiefs and eventually had to retire. So what if he won a national championship at Notre Dame and four Super Bowls.

It's good to see the rivalry revived. And it's amazing how stupid a lawyer can sound. Along with the black sex videos, makes me wonder about how low the bar is set for the Canadian Bar. Too bad he couldn't even make a trout farm work in Canada. That's like failing to sell condoms in a brothel.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2016, 05:25 PM
i agree with you alot TD but sammy watkins has no qb throwing to him. not that all these wrs have top wrs but we have IMO honestly we have a bottom 5 qb

Agreed.

Tyrod is doing this passing offense no favors.

Arm of Harm
11-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Watkins is a major talent and there is no dog in him when he sees the field. Talent wise he is on a par with or very close to BJr IMO. Waiting for his surgery though was probably a dumb/careless move.
Whaley way overpaid for him, especially given the talent available in his draft class. We all know the reason. He probably thought the short passing game O and YAC that Sammy excelled in at Clemson would help cover up for the shortcomings of his monumental QB bust. Of course it did not.
Whaley doesn't know QBs and he doesn't know WRs. Sort of strange given that he hails from the Steelers org. Just think of the wideouts (many of them mid to even late round picks - A. Brown comes to mind amongst others) that have played in Pittsburgh or are currently on the team.

I'd argue that instead of trading up for Watkins, the Bills should have traded down for Derek Carr. After an underwhelming rookie season, Carr put together a very solid second year. This year (his third) he's taken his play up another notch. He's a huge reason why the Raiders are 9-2. (Soon to be 10-2.) Put him in a Bills uniform, and he's hands-down the best QB we've had since Kelly. This season, at least statistically, Carr is playing better than Kelly played.

I've got nothing against Watkins the player. A player doesn't get to choose where he's drafted, or what the drafting team has to give up in a trade. There's only so much a WR can do to compensate for inadequate QB play. When healthy Watkins is a good, dangerous player. Is he A.J. Greene? No. But he's still well worth keeping, and I'd love to see the Bills do exactly that.

No player should be scapegoated for the GM's failings. There is only one person who should be fired because of those failings, and that person is not Sammy Watkins.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2016, 07:02 PM
It's good to see the rivalry revived. And it's amazing how stupid a lawyer can sound. Along with the black sex videos, makes me wonder about how low the bar is set for the Canadian Bar. Too bad he couldn't even make a trout farm work in Canada. That's like failing to sell condoms in a brothel.

You are suffering from oxygen depletion.

Only your fingers, hand and arm should be up your patients' asses.

Never your head.

djjimkelly
11-28-2016, 07:15 PM
In what possible way.

Trudeau is relatively respected on the international stage and Trump is seen as a dangerous idiot.

what promise has he come through with so far?

his comments on castro.......

and respect is overrated. i'm tired of politically correctness at all times.

trudeau made alot of promises and delivered on nothing so far and its been a year.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Agreed.

Forgot Davonte Adams Green Bay, 2 TDs so far tonight.

starrymessenger
11-28-2016, 10:22 PM
I'd argue that instead of trading up for Watkins, the Bills should have traded down for Derek Carr. After an underwhelming rookie season, Carr put together a very solid second year. This year (his third) he's taken his play up another notch. He's a huge reason why the Raiders are 9-2. (Soon to be 10-2.) Put him in a Bills uniform, and he's hands-down the best QB we've had since Kelly. This season, at least statistically, Carr is playing better than Kelly played.

I've got nothing against Watkins the player. A player doesn't get to choose where he's drafted, or what the drafting team has to give up in a trade. There's only so much a WR can do to compensate for inadequate QB play. When healthy Watkins is a good, dangerous player. Is he A.J. Greene? No. But he's still well worth keeping, and I'd love to see the Bills do exactly that.

No player should be scapegoated for the GM's failings. There is only one person who should be fired because of those failings, and that person is not Sammy Watkins.

Well I agree with you. If you had the luxury of doing it all over again Carr would be the guy, whether you traded down or not for that matter. Given the position, you would even take him ahead of his teammate Mack. My point was simply that if you were intent on picking a WR DW didn't go about it the right way and for the right reason. The Bills really don't scout/draft receivers very well.
Of course having drafted his "franchise" signal caller the year before there was no way DW was going to use a high pick on another QB. He either lacked the brains or the stones to do that. Probably both come to think of it. Should be clear by now to all, the Bills just don't know QBs.

swiper
11-29-2016, 05:23 AM
You are suffering from oxygen depletion.

Only your fingers, hand and arm should be up your patients' asses.

Never your head.

This is the best you can do tonight? You usually do better than that.

SpikedLemonade
11-29-2016, 05:50 AM
This is the best you can do tonight? You usually do better than that.

I'm busy on the road.

Crisis
11-29-2016, 07:25 PM
Agreed.

And how many of them had 3 targets? He also drew a PI that negated an interception.

Mace
11-29-2016, 09:34 PM
And how many of them had 3 targets? He also drew a PI that negated an interception.

Yay ?

Crisis
11-29-2016, 10:28 PM
Yay ?

So calling him a bigger bust than Maybin is still absurd.

X-Era
11-30-2016, 06:22 AM
It be ironic that we'd be replacing the guy that replaced Watkins at Clemson here. Another WR on my radar is Corey Davis from Western Michigan.Davis is said by some to be the best WR prospect in the draft. The level of competition is maybe his biggest question mark.

I'd be good with going CB in the 1st and Davis in the 2nd.

My latest favorite is back to back USC products... JuJu in round 1 and Adoree Jackson in round 2

The Jokeman
11-30-2016, 07:46 AM
Davis is said by some to be the best WR prospect in the draft. The level of competition is maybe his biggest question mark.

I'd be good with going CB in the 1st and Davis in the 2nd.

My latest favorite is back to back USC products... JuJu in round 1 and Adoree Jackson in round 2

Getting Davis in Round 2 would be ideal. A CB in Round 1 isn't a bad option as long as we use the money that could have used on Gilmore to bring in a veteran RT. I'd also consider a TE in the mold of Tyler Eifert in the early rounds. The kid out of Michigan might be there for us to grab and be tough passing on him all things considered.

trapezeus
11-30-2016, 08:11 AM
Watkins isn't a bust. the original poster's trolling threads are the bust. has Watkins been healthy? no. when he's been on the field and targeted has he made catches? yes. has he made incredible catches in his short career? yes. Was he domininant down the last half of last year? Yes. he destroyed KC and could have had a legendary outing if the bills coaching staff would have kept throwing to him in the second half. I will accept that he isn't healthy enough and that that is incredibly frustrating. but when he plays, he makes plays. we've all seen players who have been nothing as advertised. eric flowers, aaron maybin, troupe, mccargo, etc. to put Watkins in that company is misguided.

WagonCircler
11-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Watkins isn't a bust. the original poster's trolling threads are the bust. has Watkins been healthy? no. when he's been on the field and targeted has he made catches? yes. has he made incredible catches in his short career? yes. Was he domininant down the last half of last year? Yes. he destroyed KC and could have had a legendary outing if the bills coaching staff would have kept throwing to him in the second half. I will accept that he isn't healthy enough and that that is incredibly frustrating. but when he plays, he makes plays. we've all seen players who have been nothing as advertised. eric flowers, aaron maybin, troupe, mccargo, etc. to put Watkins in that company is misguided.

Watkins may or may not be/have been a bust, but he has been a horrible value, given the moronic deal to acquire him. Two first rounders and a fourth do not add up to his production. And the injury situation is exactly why it's foolish to invest that kind of package on a non-QB. It's even a crazy stretch to spend that on a QB--but to spend it on an injury prone wideout when you have no QB? Off the charts stupid.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2016, 08:41 AM
I will accept it was a horrible trade and we should have just drafted Beckham.

With that said Sammy is great when he plays and I am most definitely picking up his 5th year option

SpikedLemonade
11-30-2016, 08:45 AM

Please choose one of the following as my response:

(a) BLOW ME

(b) Trap rhymes with Crap

(c) I busted a nut on your ____'s face

(d) A bust is NOT defined in isolation of a draft (why am I wasting my time educating the learning disabled?). Sammy is bust in the context of what the Bills paid for him, how he is utilized in a QB-less offense, his unwillingness to play thru pain, etc. Idiot!

(e) All of the above.

The Jokeman
11-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Watkins may or may not be/have been a bust, but he has been a horrible value, given the moronic deal to acquire him. Two first rounders and a fourth do not add up to his production. And the injury situation is exactly why it's foolish to invest that kind of package on a non-QB. It's even a crazy stretch to spend that on a QB--but to spend it on an injury prone wideout when you have no QB? Off the charts stupid.

It depends, as you if go with the perfect situation of keeping our pick and drafting Beckham and then using the 4th on say player X in Round 4 and then used our 2015 1st Rounder on Carr. Then yes it was poor value but if you look at what the Browns acquired in the trade (a CB they traded to Pittsburgh) a S that has only started 1 season and an oft injured OL than it was a great value. In retrospect, I think it was a fair trade but admit at the time of it I was very upset.

Bill Cody
11-30-2016, 09:23 AM
It depends, as you if go with the perfect situation of keeping our pick and drafting Beckham and then using the 4th on say player X in Round 4 and then used our 2015 1st Rounder on Carr. Then yes it was poor value but if you look at what the Browns acquired in the trade (a CB they traded to Pittsburgh) a S that has only started 1 season and an oft injured OL than it was a great value. In retrospect, I think it was a fair trade but admit at the time of it I was very upset.

That's a pretty good point. The trade looks terrible unless you stop and think it would be the Bills using the extra picks, then it almost makes sense

trapezeus
11-30-2016, 09:45 AM
and we knew he was injury prone at the time of the draft? it was supposed to help EJ at the time develop faster. EJ is a bust. the two first rounds remains an irritating point, it was a swap of first and then next year's first. in retrospect, it was awful to trade that. at the time, it was questionable, but if his durability wasn't a question, I think we'd be happy we had him. I would agree with wagon that those trade ups are rarely a good idea for non qbs. but the other wildcard is that draft year ended up being a great WR class. but WR is often the position that busts the most in the first round. so to take the second graded WR in the draft in beckham, the same people who hate this trade could have potentially been *****ing about how first round WR in general tend to bust with the exception of the very best one in any given class. I see the point of being disappointed, but its hardly the main issue why our team can't reliably move the ball down the field on any given sunday.

SpikedLemonade
11-30-2016, 12:21 PM
and we knew he was injury prone at the time of the draft? it was supposed to help EJ at the time develop faster. EJ is a bust. the two first rounds remains an irritating point, it was a swap of first and then next year's first. in retrospect, it was awful to trade that. at the time, it was questionable, but if his durability wasn't a question, I think we'd be happy we had him. I would agree with wagon that those trade ups are rarely a good idea for non qbs. but the other wildcard is that draft year ended up being a great WR class. but WR is often the position that busts the most in the first round. so to take the second graded WR in the draft in beckham, the same people who hate this trade could have potentially been *****ing about how first round WR in general tend to bust with the exception of the very best one in any given class. I see the point of being disappointed, but its hardly the main issue why our team can't reliably move the ball down the field on any given sunday.

Trap still rhymes with crap.

Who said that Sammy being a bust was the reason our team is perpetual suck?

trapezeus
11-30-2016, 12:43 PM
post another useless video that no one watches.

trapezeus
11-30-2016, 01:12 PM
almost everytime spiked puts his solid thought down, the exact opposite happens. so I would watch for Watkins to have a stellar 5 weeks to close out the season. I guess we can thank spiked and his 100% guarantee that the bills would leave buffalo.

SpikedLemonade
11-30-2016, 01:17 PM
post another useless video that no one watches.

Here is one that is useful for you in particular you POS....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

X-Era
12-01-2016, 06:41 AM
James Hardy was a bust. Sammy Watkins is not.

Injuries happen unfortunately. While I do think that not producing on the field at the level commensurate with the picks paid to get a player due to injury can qualify a player as a bust, I don't think Sammy can truly be labeled one yet.

When on the field Sammy is a very solid producer at his position.

To date, Sammy has an average yards per catch of 16.2 for his career
He ranked 7th in the league last year with 17.5
He was 19th in 2014 with 15.2.
In 2015 he was 12th in the league in yards per game with 80.5.

However, he has to be on the field to produce. The injuries cannot be overlooked.

Put it this way, The Bills don't throw the ball much in this run heavy offense so Sammy Watkins is not our problem. If we do throw the ball and Sammy is on the field I'm glad that we have him.

Joe Fo Sho
12-01-2016, 09:49 AM
I don't know why we're complaining about Sammy's lack of numbers when we have a QB whose win percentage significantly drops when he throws for more yards. Sammy must know this and is doing what he can to help the team.

< 215 yards - Tyrod is 12-2
> 215 yards - Tyrod is 2-9

IlluminatusUIUC
12-01-2016, 12:20 PM

Carr was in the 2014 draft, the same as Watkins./ 2015 was the Jameis Winston draft. Unless you mean a trade up (with who?), that's wasn't an option.

Arm of Harm
12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
It's hard for a WR to live up to his 4th overall draft slot when he's on a team with no QB. Especially when that team appears to be less interested in passing the ball than any other team in the NFL.