X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Bills Brethren -- We Must Accept that Sammy Watkins is a Bust

His recent comments about not playing until he is fully healthy are all I need to hear from a player who is oft injured and simply refuses to play through it.

I can only assume Sammy is attempting to set up a spin on his poor statistics since being drafted such that he can say that his injuries are the reason when it comes to seeking a big contract after his rookie deal is done.

We need to cut our losses with Sammy.

AND due to the size of the mistake trading for and drafting Sammy, Doug Whaley's head must roll this off-season as well.

We need to move on.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Bills Brethren -- We Must Accept that Sammy Watkins is a Bust

"If I’m healthy enough to play and they think I’m healthy, then I’m going to go out there," said Watkins. "I’m not going to go out there unhealthy."

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Whaley screwed up with drafting Sammy but he's also made some great moves in FA, knowing who to let walk, and he's drafted pretty well overall. I'd love to see him be able to hire his own HC and not a loudmouth forced on him by the owner.

Comment

• Topas
        German smartass
        • Feb 2014

Yes, because playing players half-injured makes so much sense. See McCoy.
        Playing him to get to 8 wins makes no sense this year.

I am not defending the pick of Whaley. That is a nother topic. I am saying playing him this year when he is not 100% makes no sense.
        Or are you under the illusion that we can still make the playoffs ... lol!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Topas View Post
          Yes, because playing players half-injured makes so much sense. See McCoy.
          Playing him to get to 8 wins makes no sense this year.

I am not defending the pick of Whaley. That is a nother topic. I am saying playing him this year when he is not 100% makes no sense.
          Or are you under the illusion that we can still make the playoffs ... lol!
          Of course I do not think we can still make the play-offs and attempting to get 8 wins pisses me off.

The issue is that Sammy is a bust physically and mentally.

Physically, Sammy can't stay healthy. There is something about his body, style of play or usage that puts him in the above average category of percentage of the season injured.

Mentally, Sammy has shown no toughness whatsoever ever. In previous seasons as well as this one, he simply would not play unless 100% healthy. Believe it or not, many NFL players play on any given Sunday when they are not 100% healthy.

What Sammy is telling us by not playing unless he is 100% healthy is that he is either a wimp or that he is better than Bills in that it is not worth his effort to gut through an injury on a team that isn't going anywhere or both.

I can only assume this type of attitude has been recognized by his teammates and that the list of Bills players volunteering to drive Sammy to the airport when his rookie contract expires is as long as my ape like arm.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Who is Sammy Watkins?

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Black guys help the white guys...

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                I don't think even the Purple and Green people could help Asswiper...

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  Who is Sammy Watkins?

_DSC4097o.jpg
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Being heavily paid to rehab in a whirlpool is a sweet gig.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                      • Apr 2005

Bust ?? Probably....
                      But definitely not worth the price "Spud" Whaley paid for him ...

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

It's a smokescreen, he's playing and we are winning it all baby !!

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Sammy Watkins has basically the same injury Julio Jones had in 2013 that forced him to miss 11 games.

We have all seen what Watkins does on the field when he is healthy and I for one am happy he is a Bill.

There was a stretch last season where he was basically uncoverable. If he can get healthy and get back to that this is a different offense and I doubt our fickle fan base will be claiming he wasn't worth the extra first round pick paid for him.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                              Sammy Watkins has basically the same injury Julio Jones had in 2013 that forced him to miss 11 games.

We have all seen what Watkins does on the field when he is healthy and I for one am happy he is a Bill.

There was a stretch last season where he was basically uncoverable. If he can get healthy and get back to that this is a different offense and I doubt our fickle fan base will be claiming he wasn't worth the extra first round pick paid for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X