PDA

View Full Version : Henderson might be getting suspended again.

Mace
11-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Buffalo Bills right tackle Seantrel Henderson is facing a second NFL suspension this season, The Buffalo News has learned.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/24/seantrel-henderson-misses-practice-sources-say-possibility-second-nfl-suspension-looms/

Oh the humanity....

stuckincincy
11-24-2016, 10:09 PM
He seems to be caught in a no-win situation. Sad.

WagonCircler
11-24-2016, 10:30 PM
http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/24/seantrel-henderson-misses-practice-sources-say-possibility-second-nfl-suspension-looms/

Oh the humanity....

Do I even need to say it?

Mace
11-24-2016, 11:26 PM
He seems to be caught in a no-win situation. Sad.

I don't know. You can understand it when his condition was real bad, but is it still that bad ? If it is, he's got more problems than football. Theoretically, there is also the TUE exemption. Did he or the Bills try it ? If so, and it was denied they should make a stink about it. Does he really need it ? There has to be a doc somewhere says he does. I just don't know.

Presumably, the Bills are appealing for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) under the league’s drug policy. A TUE can be granted if the athlete requires a “prohibited substance to treat an appropriately diagnosed medical problem.”

The problem is, the league’s policy specifically states that an applicant may not begin use of the prohibited substance until after the TUE is granted.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/09/07/away-from-the-field-troubling-times-for-bills/

YardRat
11-25-2016, 04:47 AM
With the continued rise of use of medicinal marijuana and more states passing legislation okaying recreational use, the league is going to have to address the issue sooner rather than later.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2016, 08:12 AM
This is dumb. The NFL needs to get with the times.

mdcas22
11-25-2016, 09:02 AM
I don't use Mary jane never have but in reality the players can go to a bar after games and drink themselves to death with alcohol , no different in my eye's a drug is a drug.

LarryBoy
11-25-2016, 09:15 AM
I don't use Mary jane never have but in reality the players can go to a bar after games and drink themselves to death with alcohol , no different in my eye's a drug is a drug.

But there is a difference - one is legal and one is not(in some states) and even if every state legalizes it the NFL can still say NO use allowed.

I don't understand these guys who most have a short life in the NFL to make their money mess it up with crap like this...put in your 5-10 years, stick to the rules, make some money and then party when its over.

They let not only themselves down, but their team and their fans.

mdcas22
11-25-2016, 09:20 AM
But there is a difference - one is legal and one is not(in some states) and even if every state legalizes it the NFL can still say NO use allowed.

I don't understand these guys who most have a short life in the NFL to make their money mess it up with crap like this...put in your 5-10 years, stick to the rules, make some money and then party when its over.

They let not only themselves down, but their team and their fans.

like you said its legal in a lot of states and I think in 2 years it will legal in most. the country went through this years ago with alcohol, when other states see it they fall inj line. another issue is if a doctor prescribes it the NFL should allow it. im sure not every doctor is gonna start to prescribe it on a regular basis.

Skooby
11-25-2016, 09:25 AM
We've had some crap luck via injuries / suspensions.

Bill Cody
11-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Another "steal" by the Bills. It's unreal how much smarter we are than the rest of the league.

Novacane
11-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Another "steal" by the Bills. It's unreal how much smarter we are than the rest of the league.

He was a 7th round pick who cares. It was worth a shot.

Skooby
11-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Exactly, how many 7th round picks making minimal money actually start ?

djjimkelly
11-25-2016, 11:58 AM
this suspension is total BS

several states at this point have legalized recreational marijuana.......

this guy has an issue and a prescription and is being chastised. the league needs to catch up with society.

SOCIETY needs to catch up with SOCIETY.

i work in the medical marijuana field. and had to go on a government sponsored vacation, because i broke a couple rules in canada. but....... so be it

**** the governments. **** their vague rules. this is not a performance enhancer. sentrel has a legit need and while its legal for part of society it should be legal for him too

but im sure they would give him oxy contin if his back hurt what a joke by the league

WagonCircler
11-25-2016, 01:19 PM
**** the governments. **** their vague rules.

The league rules are not vague.

Whether you agree with them or not is a separate issue.

Doug Whaley drafts dumb players.

OpIv37
11-25-2016, 04:14 PM

Here's the problem: we get a "steal" late in the draft on someone with injury or behavior issues. That person plays well and appears to fill the hole, so the team considers the issue resolved. Then the injury or behavior issues surface, the player can't play, and the team is left unprepared.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Look, I think it's stupid that the league suspends people for weed, especially now that it's legal in a lot of places, and it's hyocritcal when half the league is popping narcotic painkillers just to get though the day. But players don't get the option to disobey league rules without consequences, no matter how stupid those rules may be.

Frenchman
11-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Yeah as a 7th round pick is indeed worth a shot. What else is new with Henderson.

Mace
11-25-2016, 06:47 PM
The league rules are not vague.

Whether you agree with them or not is a separate issue.

Doug Whaley drafts dumb players.

Agree.

The thing is, that people need consider, if Hendersons doc prescribed medical marijuana, and said it was a necessary treatment, the Bills and Henderson, likely backed by the NFLPA could have applied for a Therapeutic Use Exemption. If such is denied, it becomes a focal point of debate, and a potential agent of change to the system appropriately.

There's a time and a place. Medical use is one thing, recreational use another, keep them in context.

Getting high, drinking for rec use in the offseason is one thing, and there are degrees of use to both, and potentional abuse for both. For every 5 occasional tokers I've known, I've known a frybaby who could only talk and reason in Cheech & Chong speak, and couldn't do anything without a doob. For every 10 people I've known who have an occasional beer or drink, I've known an alkie who couldn't function without a 12 pack or a pint of the hard stuff.

You don't want pro athletes, where physical conditioning is everything and violent contact is the norm , going out there drunk or stoned.

If you've ever had a job with piss tests, waaaah, it's unfair. No it isn't. It's part of the rules. If you have a job where it's a part of the rules and you're making huge amounts of money for a relatively short prime working career, you can manage to follow the rules like the vast majority of players do. Put it in perspective.

They could have should have filed a TUE, we'll find out if they did. Maybe Henderson doesn't need weed medically anymore. We'll find that out too. Maybe it relates to his old fondness for it. There are still rules and process, when you become an adult, you learn that.

See how it plays out.

Mike13
11-25-2016, 08:36 PM
"Pot is bad, here have some Oxy"

Mace
11-25-2016, 08:46 PM
"Pot is bad, here have some Oxy"

Sudafed and Actifed are even banned without team medical staff involvement. It's not about pot.

ICRockets
11-25-2016, 08:57 PM
even if every state legalizes it the NFL can still say NO use allowed.

Then there really isn't much difference, just a distinction in the NFL rulebook. They could do the same thing with alcohol or tobacco if they wanted.

ckg927
11-27-2016, 09:09 AM
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport is reporting this morning that Henderson has been notified that he'll be gone for 10 games.

feldspar
11-27-2016, 10:35 AM
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport is reporting this morning that Henderson has been notified that he'll be gone for 10 games.

If I'm Henderson, I appeal and make a public issue about this rule he apparently broke, as it applies to him.

paladin warrior
11-27-2016, 11:30 AM
OH No again ..He got suspended 4 games and then he got hurt and now he got 10 suspended.. Cut him or trade him ..Next year
draft a other OL. Good Grief

Mace
11-27-2016, 06:05 PM
If I'm Henderson, I appeal and make a public issue about this rule he apparently broke, as it applies to him.

Well...

If Henderson's suspension is finalized, he hasn't ruled out litigation to get back on the field. Either way, his status going forward is in doubt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000746283/article/bills-ot-seantrel-henderson-facing-10game-suspension

I still think it was boneheaded of the Bills not to try for a TUE exemption if it comes out they didn't.