PDA

View Full Version : Classic buffalo

BillsOwnAll
11-27-2016, 10:12 PM
3/4 through the season ... oh look only 1 game outta the wild card we have a chance! But are behind all teams in tiebreakers ugh

BillsOwnAll
11-27-2016, 11:04 PM
I hope I didn't speak to soon about being one game out

TacklingDummy
11-28-2016, 05:27 AM
3/4 through the season ... oh look only 1 game outta the wild card we have a chance! But are behind all teams in tiebreakers ugh

So that's kind of like 2 games out?

BillsOwnAll
11-28-2016, 05:54 AM
Ya..

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2016, 06:07 AM
Any play-off conversation will end in Oakland.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2016, 06:09 AM

Or in Buffalo against Pittsburgh.

Skooby
11-28-2016, 08:27 AM
Oakland's defense is not good at all, they don't do well against mobile QB's. I think the game is winnable and as shown the opening line is +3.5 Bills which looks to be a close game. If Sammy and LeSean are both healthy, we are going to score a lot of points.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2016, 09:13 AM
Oakland's defense is not good at all, they don't do well against mobile QB's. I think the game is winnable and as shown the opening line is +3.5 Bills which looks to be a close game. If Sammy and LeSean are both healthy, we are going to score a lot of points.

I will be there in The Black Hole so I hope you are right however I do not expect it.

Zero
11-28-2016, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4276059]Any play

That wouldn't be very "buffalo" at all. Classic buffalo would be us beating Oakland keeping our playoffs alive until the inevitible heartbreak game against the Jets.

OpIv37
11-28-2016, 09:44 AM
So far, this season is classic Buffalo.

Too good to get that top draft pick.

Good enough to have an outside shot at the playoffs to the point where tanking doesn't make sense, but not good enough to have a realistic shot at the playoffs or doing anything if we do sneak in.

It's a perennial 6-9 win team and that hasn't changed.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-28-2016, 09:58 AM

Good enough to have an outside shot at the playoffs to the point where tanking doesn't make sense, but not good enough to have a realistic shot at the playoffs or doing anything if we do sneak in.

i agree. it would be a lot less heartbreaking if we just started 0-11. No tugging at heartstrings and 'playoff scenarios' that we do every God damned mother****ing year.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-28-2016, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4276059]Any play

That wouldn't be very "buffalo" at all. Classic buffalo would be us beating Oakland keeping our playoffs alive until the inevitible heartbreak game against the Jets.

Exactly.

The last buffalo fan
11-28-2016, 11:39 AM
oh well, **** that ...... Let's go Buffalo, let's go Bills!!

WagonCircler
11-28-2016, 11:53 AM

Worst of all, it perpetuates the horrible management and coaching staffs (and probably the mediocre QB) in the name of "continuity."

trapezeus
11-28-2016, 12:15 PM
the worst of it being that even if they sneak in, they aren't beating a good team in the playoffs. if we play like we did in the first half of the jags game, we are down 3-4 scores against a higher ranked playoff team. it's inexcusable. it's hard to believe they are going to magically be good come January.

feldspar
11-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Man, put us in any other division that doesn't have the Patriots in it, and the Bills would have made the playoffs more than once during this drought...is 16 years and counting a "drought?"

Always have to hope for a wildcard spot.

Other teams with worse records than the Bills have made the playoffs. Teams have won their division and made the playoffs with a losing record, for crying out loud.

Crazy.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Man, put us in any other division that doesn't have the Patriots in it, and the Bills would have made the playoffs more than once during this drought...is 16 years and counting a "drought?"

Other teams with worse records than the Bills have made the playoffs. Teams have won their division and made the playoffs with a losing record, for crying out loud.

Crazy.

for your first point. you're correct. it's not a drought. Its a ****ing famine.

for your second point about not having the Patriots in our division.... Somehow the Jets and Dolphins have managed to sneak in at least once during this time so I can't pin this whole famine on being in the AFC East. We would not have fared well in the AFC north (other than this year) over the last several years. Maybe. MAYBE the AFC south.

Historian
11-28-2016, 02:00 PM
No, my scenario has them winning all but one game:

A home loss to Cleveland.....10-9

feldspar
11-28-2016, 02:17 PM
for your first point. you're correct. it's not a drought. Its a ****ing famine.

for your second point about not having the Patriots in our division.... Somehow the Jets and Dolphins have managed to sneak in at least once during this time so I can't pin this whole famine on being in the AFC East. We would not have fared well in the AFC north (other than this year) over the last several years. Maybe. MAYBE the AFC south.

Just saying, buddy.

I think the Bills make the playoffs more than once over the past 16 years in any other division in the NFL...not just the AFC East. That's just what I think.

I agree that the famine cannot be fully explained by the division we are in, but you see middling teams squirting into the playoffs all the time, and we'll see it again this year IMO. Overcoming the Patriots has proven too difficult, to say the least...for the past 16 years. Makes it sooo much harder.

justasportsfan
11-28-2016, 02:50 PM

It will be a shootout and we have just the right Qb to do it...... Oh wait.

OpIv37
11-28-2016, 07:03 PM

Crazy.
I'm with you on this one. During our 16 year drought, I think NE only won less than 12 games once, the year Brady was hurt. It makes it impossible to win the division. The Fish and the Jets have had good seasons here and there, but they are usually sub-.500 with us. I believe there were a couple of years where NE was the only team in the div with a winning record.

On top of that, I'd have to think we would have had a better record in a few of those years in a div without NE. In the 32 times we've played them during the drought, I think we've only beat them 4 or 5 times. Once was when they had an injured 3rd string QB, and at least once was after they had clinched and were resting starters. Having them in the div is a guaranteed loss and almost guaranteed two losses a season. No other team has been consistently good enough to dominate us that badly over that span.

Mace
11-28-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm with you on this one. During our 16 year drought, I think NE only won less than 12 games once, the year Brady was hurt. It makes it impossible to win the division. The Fish and the Jets have had good seasons here and there, but they are usually sub-.500 with us. I believe there were a couple of years where NE was the only team in the div with a winning record.

On top of that, I'd have to think we would have had a better record in a few of those years in a div without NE. In the 32 times we've played them during the drought, I think we've only beat them 4 or 5 times. Once was when they had an injured 3rd string QB, and at least once was after they had clinched and were resting starters. Having them in the div is a guaranteed loss and almost guaranteed two losses a season. No other team has been consistently good enough to dominate us that badly over that span.

Actually, they won less than 12, 6 times : http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/

Hard to say if we'd have made the playoffs in a different division.

I want to agree, but then get to remembering bendy Tampa-2, Jauron, Losman, Gregg Williams, Trent Edwards, Thad Lewis, Kelly Holcomb, Maybin, Dockery, Langston Walker, injuries to Takeo Spikes, Sam Cowart when they were on fire, Kevin Everett's catastrophe, losing Pat Williams, Jason Peters, terrible o-lines, terrible d-lines, other terrible qb's. They always had glaring deficiencies and made more of them before repairing the previous ones.

James Hardy, McCargo, Youboty, Roscoe Parrish, Spiller, tackle Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, Ryan Denney, Coy Wire, Travares Tillman, Torell Troup in the draft.....Gailey couldn't find a DC and didn't want to find a QB, Marrone couldn't find an offense.

Their level of not good might be just as not good across the board.

Jauron might have managed a string of 8-8's instead of 7-9's, Gailey still wouldn't like using young QB's to train and wouldn't have found a DC, he hired Wannstedt for heavens sake.

Part of the Patriots division supremacy and win totals are 2 games a year against us. Manning's Colts would have done the same, Brees' Saints, Roethlisberger and the Steelers, etc etc.

I dunno.