• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Never realized it, last time Bills beat Oakland in Oakland was 1966

50 years.

Jack Kemp was QB for the Bills, Booth Lustig & Paul Maquire kicked, Ed Rutkowski had a 32 yard return, Wray Carlton and Bobby Burnett combined for 156 rushing yards but Kemp also had 45 of his own, Carlton having two td's to take the game out of reach. Bobby Crockett was the leading receiver with 4 catches for 84 yards, while Golden Wheels Dubenion pulled in 4 for 54.

Oakland HC super bowl winner Tom Flores was the QB for the Raiders.

Bills went on to finish 9-4-1 under coach Joe Collier, losing in the conference championship to the mighty KC Chiefs with Len Dawson, Mike Garrett, Bobby Bell & Buck Buchanan. Dunaway, Sestak, McDole, Jacobs, Stratton and Butch Byrd couldn't slow them on defense.

Bills wouldn't have another winning record for 7 more years until Lou Saban returned and the now tarnished Juice ran for 2003.

It's time to address the Raiders in Oakland.
    Last edited by Mace; 11-28-2016, 10:29 PM.
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Never realized it, last time Bills beat Oakland in Oakland was 1966

So what you're saying is that we're due for a victory.

Yeah, we always play like **** on their turf. We needed a W a few years ago, and Marrone & Co laid an egg down there, had a better shot at making the playoffs that year too.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
      So what you're saying is that we're due for a victory.
      No, what I'm saying is that I can't believe it's 50 years because I remember watching a lot of those guys on fuzzy black & white TV screens at one time or another when I was a little kid. It's ridiculous all the way around it. I have no business being this old and the Bills have no business not winning a damn game in a city for 50 years.
      Last edited by Mace; 11-28-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Don't go holding your breath Mace. We like having you around.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Well, at least I can say they have done it in my lifetime. Some around here probably can't say that about going to a Super Bowl.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Well, at least I can say they have done it in my lifetime. Some around here probably can't say that about going to a Super Bowl.
              Sure but they do get meatloaf whenever they want it....

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                All that means is they have a better chance in their lifetime to see a Super Bowl victory.

45 years without one in my lifetime so far.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

My Teloyear results say I am 15.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    No, what I'm saying is that I can't believe it's 50 years because I remember watching a lot of those guys on fuzzy black & white TV screens at one time or another when I was a little kid. It's ridiculous all the way around it. I have no business being this old and the Bills have no business not winning a damn game in a city for 50 years.
                    Keep in mind the stat is "in Oakland." The Bills have only paid in Oakland 3x since 1972 because the team was in Los Angeles for many of those years. The last time we beat the Raiders in their building was 1991, 5 Road games ago.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

In
                      Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      Keep in mind the stat is "in Oakland." The Bills have only paid in Oakland 3x since 1972 because the team was in Los Angeles for many of those years. The last time we beat the Raiders in their building was 1991, 5 Road games ago.
                      You beat me to it, this is a bit of a misleading stat.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

They brought it in Seattle. Hopefully they play the same in Oakland.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

While the stat is somewhat misleading, this is still probably the best Raider team since the Stabler days.

I am somewhat surprised their defense has come around to be as good as it is. It's still not great, but with their offense is good enough to overcome it. That, and, they've made some pretty big plays when they've had to in crunch time.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            True.

We've only played the OAKLAND Raiders in Oakland 8 times in the past 50 years, and we haven't won any of them. But we only played them in Oakland 3 times in Oakland since 1977.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

if they win this, the end of the season becomes very interesting and running the table must happen for a playoff team.

if they lose this (as it most likely seems based on the last two wins) they were who we thought they were. a poorly coached team that doesn't have the IT factor. And QB play whether through injuries or just regression wasn't good enough to have consistency to drives. and the d never lived up to the billing. the DBs were terrible, the safeties uninspiring. the front 7 looked good.

I would love to have hope, and this Oakland game and steelers game are big game changers if they win them. even if they remain ugly affairs like the last two games, then you start getting a good feeling that they have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X