PDA

View Full Version : Season recap so far....

OpIv37
12-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Some B list goaltenders and ****ing Amerks defensemen play well enough to win but calling the offense "anemic" is like saying "Hitler wasn't really a nice guy."

The lack of scoring is pitiful.

Night Train
12-04-2016, 06:25 AM
Can Lehner stay healthy ? Nillson has played well with a .934 save rate. Impressive when you consider the O can't score and the Defenseman outside of RR have played bad. I'm surprised the Sabres haven't given up more goals. Goalies get shelled many games.

The best line (Larsson,Gionta,Foligno) is a 4th line on most other NHL teams.

Margin for error with injuries is slim, due to lack of talent beyond Eichel,O'Reilly,Okposo and Reinhart. Kane is a mess and the rest aren't producing.

Maybe the Murray plan was for vets to hold the fort for a couple years while the youth developed.. but this roster will struggle for a playoff spot. Might be time to become a seller at the deadline and make a serious change with this roster.

swiper
12-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Eichel is only one player. They still need more. More scorers. More d-men. More from Kane.

The goalies are not great, but we'd all be talking a lot less about them if the Sabres could bump their average from 2 goals/game to 3 goals/game.

Skooby
12-04-2016, 09:03 AM
Scoring 2 goals or less will assure failure unless we clone Hasek.

Historian
12-05-2016, 06:03 AM
If I had a dollar for every time Ristolainen let the puck jump over his stick out of the attacking zone, I could retire, and he's probably their best defenseman.

I like Jack, I really do, but so far, I haven't seen anything that says to me "generational player"

Injuries are certainly a big part of it, but even O'Reilly and Reinhart's play has slipped from last year.

Okposo was a nice addition, but Kane and Bogo have been worthless...even when healthy.

How many people think Ennis has a future in hockey?

I think both Buffalo teams are a mess.

JATMtheJATM
12-05-2016, 10:40 AM
I will say this about Kane. He has 5 points in his last 8 games. His production seems to be coming back

OpIv37
12-05-2016, 05:51 PM
If I had a dollar for every time Ristolainen let the puck jump over his stick out of the attacking zone, I could retire, and he's probably their best defenseman.

I like Jack, I really do, but so far, I haven't seen anything that says to me "generational player"

Injuries are certainly a big part of it, but even O'Reilly and Reinhart's play has slipped from last year.

Okposo was a nice addition, but Kane and Bogo have been worthless...even when healthy.

How many people think Ennis has a future in hockey?

I think both Buffalo teams are a mess.

I thought Winnipeg was crazy to give up Bogo and Kane. Now I see why they did it.

Historian
12-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Funny, Mr Pink wrote that he felt the current Bills were built to win 1970's football.

I think the same could be said about the Sabres.

trapezeus
12-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Winnipeg and Buffalo just swapped IR lists in that trade at the end of the day.

coastal
12-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Trade was actually meaningless.

mightysimi
12-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Winnipeg and Buffalo just swapped IR lists in that trade at the end of the day.

Hooray Stafford is back!! Said no one ever.

mightysimi
12-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Trade was actually meaningless.
For Buffalo. Take away Stafford and Myers and we still got 2 players (lemieux, Armia) and a pick (Roslovic) I anticipate Lemieux and Roslovic and even Armia as he was coming into his own to be long time Jets.