PDA

View Full Version : So hard to root for

BillsOwnAll
12-04-2016, 05:52 PM
They legit make it hard to be a fan of them. Easily the most frustrating team to watch in all of sports history. I've become numb to games like this. How many of knew we were gonna lose....

the second we went up by 15

Novacane
12-04-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm openly routing for losing out. This team will never win with rex as our coach and tyrod at QB

ckg927
12-04-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm openly routing for losing out. This team will never win with rex as our coach and tyrod at QB

Hell, if I were Terry Pegula, I'd outright fire Rex AND Rod right after they get off the field.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Hell, if I were Terry Pegula, I'd outright fire Rex AND Rod right after they get off the field.

he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. We will be stuck with them at least another 2 years.

maybe Kim is smarter? who knows.

Novacane
12-04-2016, 06:16 PM
The Pegulas value "continuity". Who cares if it's gawd awful continuity!

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2016, 06:30 PM
The Buffalo Bills have a broken Tyrod on their team. Their wagon isn't going to make it to the playoffs with a ****ty broken Tyrod.

Novacane
12-04-2016, 06:32 PM
The Buffalo Bills have a broken Tyrod on their team. Their wagon isn't going to make it to the playoffs with a ****ty broken Tyrod.

He's a big part of the problem but they've got other big problems. This team wouldn't make they playoffs with this coach and talent unless they had an elite QB and we're not getting one anytime soon.

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2016, 06:56 PM
He's a big part of the problem but they've got other big problems. This team wouldn't make they playoffs with this coach and talent unless they had an elite QB and we're not getting one anytime soon.
You're right. The biggest problem is the ****ty head coach and his ****ty coaching staff. I hope the Pegulas fire him but I know that's not going to happen this year no matter how much I want it to.

trapezeus
12-04-2016, 08:12 PM
I'd like the bills to let us know how much money we should spend before we can opine on this crapfest.

I would trust literally any poster on this board to manage an organization over 16 years and get them to the playoffs once. The patience is over. I think we are incredibly gracious over this time. The same people should not be involved in the massive failure. As long as it is we are irrelevant and as fans we shouldn't be spending money on this team. I've stopped flying back for all the games a while ago and next year is the first season we won't have or season tixkets

Historian
12-05-2016, 05:11 AM
I will probably be giving mine up too, but not because of the Bills really.

The entire NFL is barely watchable anymore.

BOBM253
12-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I'd like the bills to let us know how much money we should spend before we can opine on this crapfest.

I would trust literally any poster on this board to manage an organization over 16 years and get them to the playoffs once. The patience is over. I think we are incredibly gracious over this time. The same people should not be involved in the massive failure. As long as it is we are irrelevant and as fans we shouldn't be spending money on this team. I've stopped flying back for all the games a while ago and next year is the first season we won't have or season tixkets
I'm gonna get Sunday ticket and root for a different team, probably the Browns. Also gonna get the NHL package and root for Vancouver. So done with Buffalo crap sports teams............................

Bill Cody
12-05-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm gonna get Sunday ticket and root for a different team, probably the Browns. Also gonna get the NHL package and root for Vancouver. So done with Buffalo crap sports teams............................

the Browns??

WagonCircler
12-05-2016, 08:48 AM

So, you're done with crappy Buffalo sports teams and you're jumping to the Browns?

You deserve your misery.

feldspar
12-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I know it's not saying much, but this was probably the most meaningful game the Bills have played in quite a while. It was a chance to make some sort of statement anyway....

So the Bills are up 15 points in the third quarter, and then allowed the Raiders to score 21 points in only 5 minutes. They totally collapsed in every facet of the game pretty much. Talk about a statement...that speaks for itself.

Talk about hard to watch. Just horrible, and yeah, hard to root for a team who did this going on its 17th year of missing the playoffs. What are we supposed to do, hang onto the fact that we aren't mathematically eliminated yet? Almost impossible.

OpIv37
12-05-2016, 10:38 AM
They legit make it hard to be a fan of them. Easily the most frustrating team to watch in all of sports history. I've become numb to games like this. How many of knew we were gonna lose....

the second we went up by 15
When it was 24-9 I distinctly remember thinking "oh man I hope that's enough of a lead."

Then I thought "it's ok, we're well into the third quarter. All they have to do is be mediocre and we will win."

And they couldn't even handle that...

OpIv37
12-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Additionally, this is what makes this team so hard to root for.... They went up 24-9 on the road against arguably the best team in the league, but I didn't really enjoy it because I didn't have confidence that they could hold on.

After every run of more than 3 yards, I'm looking for the holding call. After every third down stop, I'm looking for a PI call or a stupid personal foul. Nothing can ever be enjoyed in the moment because it rarely stands.

trapezeus
12-05-2016, 10:56 AM
at 24-9 I knew they were done. I didn't see it coming updone that quickly. but the raiders simply looked sloppy early in the game. and we relied on a big run and when we had decent drives, we settled for FG's. then the first play after we go up 24-9, the bills drop KW into coverage. and then you just knew the padora's box was opened. the bills weren't going to rush and now were ok with letting them run on us. and on offsense, we panicked. even after giving up 2 scores, they bailed on the run and put their faith in the hands of TT.

I am in no way say change teams you root for, but know what you are rooting for. it was easier to accept the loss than year's past. and it's easier to miss a game here or there. it's easier to leave and cook dinner than to say, "I have to see this". marketing man Brandon is undoing a whole region of people who bleed for this team. and we still do, but we are starting to not buy the product. he got all the credit for upswing, will he pay a price for when we start getting apathetic and stop showing up?

Thurmal
12-05-2016, 10:58 AM
The minute I saw McCoy rolling around hurt, I turned to my brother and said, "They D is going to have to hold on, because we are not scoring again." They didn't and we didn't.

toto8
12-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Additionally, this is what makes this team so hard to root for.... They went up 24-9 on the road against arguably the best team in the league, but I didn't really enjoy it because I didn't have confidence that they could hold on.

After every run of more than 3 yards, I'm looking for the holding call. After every third down stop, I'm looking for a PI call or a stupid personal foul. Nothing can ever be enjoyed in the moment because it rarely stands.
I think we all feel the same way I wasn't watching the game all the time because I was out I was listening on my cell and watching it every once in a while (I have sunday ticket). I turned my phone off for like 10 minutes because I was in line for the check out but before I turned it off we had the lead in the 3rd 24-9 and I thought well that should be OK solid lead, then I proceed to pay got my stuff put it in the car got in and turned on the phone again just to realize we were now down by 6 I was like WTF!

This team sucks, my gf who doesn't even know football knows it.

OpIv37
12-05-2016, 01:05 PM
I think we all feel the same way I wasn't watching the game all the time because I was out I was listening on my cell and watching it every once in a while (I have sunday ticket). I turned my phone off for like 10 minutes because I was in line for the check out but before I turned it off we had the lead in the 3rd 24-9 and I thought well that should be OK solid lead, then I proceed to pay got my stuff put it in the car got in and turned on the phone again just to realize we were now down by 6 I was like WTF!

This team sucks, my gf who doesn't even know football knows it.

Ha, that reminds me. My wife doesn't follow football, and a while back she said "it seems like all the good players leave the Bills, almost like the Bills are training them for other teams." While that isn't as true now as its been in the past, it's a complaint that's been lodged many times on this MB, including by me.