X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Random Thoughts on the Game...

-- our defense has an awful habit of complacency where, any time the Bills get a lead, they just take a dump and give up points as if the game is already in the bag. That Oakland drive at the end of the first half, and the next four drives afterwards were inexcusable.

-- LeSean McCoy is the best player since the SB years, and, as is the Bills' nature, his career is being wasted

-- I am done with the Tyrod Taylor experience. Missing open receivers, holding on the the ball too long, NEVER coming back from behind, etc. We should play Jones the rest of the year to see what he's got.

-- Justin Hunter comes up with big catches...why does he only play 25% of the game? Why didn't they keep going to him today?

-- Our secondary is awful. I honest-to-God think that, outside Corey Graham, Ed Reed coming out of the booth at 40 is a better option at safety than what we currently have.

-- Rex Ryan's claim to fame is as a defensive guru; the D gave up 30 points in about 20 minutes of gameplay in the second half. Awful. No pass rush, no turnovers. When you have a 15-point lead in the second half, you should not lose by double digits.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Random Thoughts on the Game...

Every safety on this team stinks, we need two new starters and two backups.
    The corners are not much better either.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

I'm still just infuriated it takes us 30-33 seconds of clock to run every damned play even when trying to hurry up and playing from behind. That was blamed on Roman and Roman is long gone now.

This team goes through the motions and if it works, great, if it doesn't, no sweat. You don't see guys stepping up their game, fiercely determined or fired up, which is just flat out weird playing under a coach known supposedly for his motivational ability.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
        Every safety on this team stinks, we need two new starters and two backups.
        The corners are not much better either.
        Graham is pretty good, everyone else is garbage.

Preston Brown is so bad in pass coverage.

Our special teams stink.

Shaq Lawson is just a guy so far, 2016 draft is garbage.

When Woods leaves in the off season we'll have one legit starter at WR, and said receiver has a history of getting hurt. No depth at received or TE.

Our DL looks slow.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Graham is good? Hes usually late to the party.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

He's above replacement level, we need to get younger at the position, but he's not garbage like everyone else.

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Graham should be a backup but on this team of garbage he's the best of the poor bunch.

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

I noticed too, Del Rio was never concerned. He was absolutely comfortable with what his team could do. Kept them even keel and methodical, didn't blow timeouts too early or go for 2 too early. He knew even down 24-9 that the game was there for the taking. Ryan tries to project that, but comes off oblivious, impassive behind the mirrored shades. Del Rio learned from his time as an HC down south, Ryan didn't really learn anything since NY.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  I noticed too, Del Rio was never concerned. He was absolutely comfortable with what his team could do. Kept them even keel and methodical, didn't blow timeouts too early or go for 2 too early. He knew even down 24-9 that the game was there for the taking. Ryan tries to project that, but comes off oblivious, impassive behind the mirrored shades. Del Rio learned from his time as an HC down south, Ryan didn't really learn anything since NY.
                  It's easy to remain comfortable, even down 24-9, when you have an actual QB on your roster who has proven he can put a team on his back, play with some urgency and lead the team from behind to a victory. Derek Carr seems to be good at 4th quarter come backs.

Tyrod Taylor doesn't know how to do any of that. It's painfully obvious that this team doesn't trust Tyrod as their QB but their wagon is hitched to him and they will sink or swim with him. Sammy Watkins even looked PO'd in the 4th quarter on a pass that was well overthrown when he would have ended up in the endzone for a TD.

I'm not making excuses for Rex Ryan because he's a moron, but I don't know how comfortable I'd feel during a game with that crap behind center.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Rex is the dumb ass that wanted Tyrod. He gets no pass whatsoever. On top of wanting a bad QB his defense sucks.

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                      I'm not making excuses for Rex Ryan because he's a moron, but I don't know how comfortable I'd feel during a game with that crap behind center.
                      My thought is that you at least need to attempt a hurry up offense if your pocket attempting, lazy offense isn't working. I mean at worst, it won't work. So why not even try speeding it up with several plays ahead of time and audibles ? If it's horrible, just go back to plodding, but wth is the problem with at least trying it instead of falling back on the stupid solved wildcat to waste a few plays ?

Comment

• Topas
                        German smartass
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        I noticed that too. DelRio was not concerned at all at half time. that was amazing!
                        And that also says a lot about the Bills.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                          Graham is pretty good, everyone else is garbage.
                          It's coaching, scheme and injuries moreso than the players they have on the roster.

I say this every week: This team goes as McCoy goes. He certainly is great fun to watch.

The problem was that the lousy QB, o-line, coaches, defense, WRs and schemes got in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                          I noticed that too. DelRio was not concerned at all at half time. that was amazing!
                          And that also says a lot about the Bills.
                          Del Rio knows Rex better than any coach in the league.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

And here's a random thought for you: that whole Raider team should be the Bills.

From Del Rio as coach to Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. The whole team could be your Buffalo Bills right now. Yet they are not. That's because Russ Brandon is telling Pegula what to do.

Comment

• Dmoney
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              And here's a random thought for you: that whole Raider team should be the Bills.

From Del Rio as coach to Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. The whole team could be your Buffalo Bills right now. Yet they are not. That's because Russ Brandon is telling Pegula what to do.
                              Funny.... I as thinking the same thing. Two guys on that team that were worth 2 1st round picks are Mack and Carr....Sammy is a fine WR, but Carr and Mack are Great Great players...and Mack was right in Buffalo's back yard to watch play his college ball....

Comment

Working...
                              X