PDA

View Full Version : Has the NFL become boring? What do you think...

Mike
12-04-2016, 08:34 PM
NFL has a number of big, big problems and it's become a boring product; something you can not afford in todays world of endless options.

Here are my main issues with it:

1. 11 minutes of Actual Game Time: The average NFL game is about 11min of actual football but takes 3hrs to watch... Just doesn't seem right!

2. Way too much BS: Too Many commercials, halftime is longer, there are less plays, a tv timeout way too often and it's just hard to get into the game unless its a great game.

3. Better Options: We all have a 2nd screen now and access to anything online. Would you rather play a game, surf the net, chat with a friend, check Facebook OR Watch another commercial?

4. Game is SLOW: each play takes about 4-6 seconds and another 40 seconds between plays! This is very very slow for the younger generation. They loose interest at about 8 seconds and games like basketball, hockey, even soccer are a contant back and forth.

5. No Great Teams: Most of the nfl is mediocre and even the good teams are just ok. This year the Cowboys, Pats, Raiders, Seahawks are all very good but none of them are great. I rember when there were actual rivalries and a great team was going to win it all, instead of a team like the Broncos.

6. Great TV: TV has never been better. There are so many great shows you can watch live, on HBO, Netflix, etc... Many poeple would rather catch up on Game of Thrones or Westworld than watch a random nfl game..

BillsOwnAll
12-04-2016, 08:39 PM
There is too much wrong with the the NFL to list.

Being a bills fan does not help though. Living in Mass, pats fans don't seem to have a problem with it.

Mace
12-04-2016, 08:43 PM
It's a lot more boring when your team comes up crap.

Turf
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
It isn't a game anymore, its an institution. Its politically correct and boring. Ever notice every Sunday we have to stop and reflect on an incident, a death, a loss, or some political event? It's not fun anymore, its church that sucks and offers you nothing. The NFL church of sucking up to your sensitive emotions when all they give a **** about is your money. You can get that anywhere without all the anger and frustration.

Crisis
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
People are going to dismiss it as us saying the NFL sucks because the Bills suck, but in reality I see the same *****ing from other fanbases. Ratings reflect it, too.

I don't know how many times after a huge injury or huge challenge that they cut to commercial break, show no replays, and cut back to the referee saying the outcome or show the injured player on the sideline. It's pathetic.

You know how to instantly win a lot of fans off? Get rid of the commercial break after kickoffs.

Mace
12-04-2016, 09:27 PM
It isn't a game anymore, its an institution. Its politically correct and boring. Ever notice every Sunday we have to stop and reflect on an incident, a death, a loss, or some political event? It's not fun anymore, its church that sucks and offers you nothing. The NFL church of sucking up to your sensitive emotions when all they give a **** about is your money. You can get that anywhere without all the anger and frustration.

I'll say the same thing again, because it's emphatic. If you're rolling up wins and heading to the playoffs, it's entertaining fun. I actually remember people complaining about the game before the Bills' winning seasons, so the grousing isn't anything new, amazingly enough, and old timers remember this.

Commercials are even entertaining when you have a commanding lead that won't change or you can build on it, it's all a party.

People were aggravated with the game when we started 0-2, but the game was fun when we won next 4 games.

The years of aggravation just wear on you. It's not the sport though, it's the team we use to play it.

kingJofNYC
12-04-2016, 11:57 PM
The sport has issues, but the biggest problem is that there's not enough talent to go around. Every time I hear about expansion talk to London I laugh. League has a QB problem, not enough of them. Most of us want a replacement for Tyrod and he's probably in the top half of QBs, that's how bad it is. The good ones are getting older, not replenishing the pool fast enough. OL talent is at the lowest point, any big man who has talent plays DL, you're left with projects at OL. Failed TEs, project conversions, a former basketball player is defending Russell Wilson's blindside, pretty awful stuff.

So many poorly run teams too, awful. I'm definitely losing some interest, getting older too, hard to care and waste time on this ****.

Ingtar33
12-05-2016, 04:47 AM
I went to an NFL game yesterday.

-I actually found myself nodding off in the stands. That's a horrid sign for the state of the game. Too much time doing nothing.