Two moves can change this s-show for next year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Two moves can change this s-show for next year....

1. Tom Coughlin. Go get him to coach. He wants back in, and end the Rex clown show.

2. Tony Romo. I don't care what it costs, get it done. Tyrod isn't good enough and there are weapons on this offense that are not being used due to Tyrod.

With that they will also need a right tackle since Romo will not be able to run and escape like Tyrod.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Two moves can change this s-show for next year....

no thanks on romo. he will not survive. he struggled to make it with the cowboys with a better line and strong run game. he isn't going to survive buffalo. I would rather go with cardale, have a losing season while letting a better QB pick from this draft class develop. the bills need to be constantly picking qb to keep the depth chart up to date.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

The Cardale thing is worrisome. I can't take another inaccurate qb. We need a traditional passer. If the raiders can get Carr in the second, we can find something too, we just have to stop drafting guys like Kujo instead.

Cardale can stay and develop, but to rely on him next year will be a disaster. We need to dump EJ and Tyrod and replace them with a draft pick and maybe romo/cousins.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
        The Cardale thing is worrisome. I can't take another inaccurate qb. We need a traditional passer. If the raiders can get Carr in the second, we can find something too, we just have to stop drafting guys like Kujo instead.

Cardale can stay and develop, but to rely on him next year will be a disaster. We need to dump EJ and Tyrod and replace them with a draft pick and maybe romo/cousins.
        If you trade for Romo it's likely going to cost us at least a 3rd but more likely a 2nd Round pick. Then his salary is going to cause us to cut someone or not keep Robert Woods. Romo isn't a good fit for what this team wants to do. One thing that I haven't seen brought up is maybe trading for Teddy Bridgewater yet Minnesota might be looking for a 1st and I'm concerned as I don't see him much better than Tyrod yet it might work out.

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Romo is exactly what they need.
          A pocket passer who is accurate, experienced, can run a 2-min. drill, and can distribute the ball to the playmakers that are underused.
          The time is now. This team is close. If it costs a 2nd then so be it. As for Woods, he's replacable.

I want no part of Bridgewater. Coming off a serious injury and the jury is still out on him developing. I'd rather go Cardale.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Romo is anti-clutch and often injured. He's also getting up there so best case scenario is he buys us two years.

Cousins is not going to happen. I moved to the DC area in 2001, and we get all their games in Balt and I have several friends who are Skins fans, so I get far more exposure to the Redskins than I would like.

Their QB woes have been almost as bad as ours. There is no way they let Cousins hit the open market.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

I truly believe if they had a healthy Romo this season, next season, and the following season they would make the play-offs.

Even with stupid Rex on the sideline. Rex is a terrible game day coach and manager of the game.
              An NFL d-line coach, d-cordinator at best is his high water level.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Romo is going to cost a bunch of assets. Teams will be lining up for his service. Bradford fetched a first round pick, lol. Can't wait to see what the Cowboys get, Jets will be in on him too.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

I don't care what it costs. You cannot win in this league without a qb. They are what separates. The rest of the players are very close in talent.
                  Give them a few picks and Ragland or Shaq.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                    I don't care what it costs. You cannot win in this league without a qb. They are what separates. The rest of the players are very close in talent.
                    See, this is the problem with not having a QB for so long. Romo had Cowboys fans pulling their hair out with his lack of ability to finish games. Granted, he's better than anything we've had in recent memory but he never got the job done in Dallas either. We need a QB but selling the farm to get one that's less bad isn't the answer.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Forget Romo he is hurt all the time and he is one hit from retirement.

We need to trade assets in the draft to get the QB we want. Hopefully not Watson.

Let the rookie and Cardale battle it out

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

1. Tom Coughlin. Go get him to coach. He wants back in, and end the Rex clown show.

2. Tony Romo. I don't care what it costs, get it done. Tyrod isn't good enough and there are weapons on this offense that are not being used due to Tyrod.

With that they will also need a right tackle since Romo will not be able to run and escape like Tyrod.
                        Suggestion. Read this article. He's 70. And the Bills kicked the tires and walked away already.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

I have no problem with them going after Romo, I just don't expect it to happen because it's going to cost a lot, someone will say it's mortgaging the future etc.

This org needs a culture change, need to clean house and bring in the most capable program builder. Think the guy we really need to focus on is Jim Harbaugh. This is a guy who went to the NFC championship game 3 straight years, and 1 SB appearance with Smith/Kap at QB. This is the guy who turned around the Stanford football program, and he's the guy who turned Michigan into a NC contender after 1 year, the guy has 2 recruiting classes under his belt but he already has the team contending for a championship.

Really, I just want to tank, bottom the **** out and wait for Jim Harbaugh. Keep Rex next year, and pray to god that Jim gets the itch to come back to the bigs, that's who wee need. A program builder who has done it multiple times, at different levels, and with varying degrees of talent. All out assault on bringing Jim here, that's what I want.
                          Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-05-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

I certainly agree that the Bills almost purposefully avoid upgrading QBs until the very last minute and fail when so doing. They don't ever draft for the future at that position. But let's face it, Romo is not Herschel Walker. So no trade of 8 players for 1 is going to happen. Romo is not the answer. He's brittle, expensive and Jerry Jones says he's keeping him. The answer lies elsewhere.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Not sure if the game has passed Coughlin by but he's still better than Rex.
                              I'd like to draft a qb even in that scenario that we get Romo. Romo will be an expensive stop gap.Besides, he will have bigger markets that will want his services at the end of the year.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-05-2016, 01:24 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X