PDA

View Full Version : What i want to happen in 2017

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 12:20 PM
unlike alot of people on here i think our team is actually pretty good.

first our D

i think the front seven is solid enough. plus we get back reggie ragland.

in the secondary we need at least one or 2 CBs id let gilmore walk or possibly a 1 year tag(i know thats alot of money)

id spend a high pick on a safety. i was reading last night this draft seems deep at safety.

On O

we need at least one more play maker at WR.

our O line is solid IMO center is an issue but this backup seems to be holding up add in eric wood come back we should be fine.

RB we are solid

now to QB

i send tyrod packing. that will be a serious waste of money if his contract continues.

i know im gonna take alot of flack for my next comment. i start EJ next year or anyone else who is a better option then tyrod

i draft a 1st or 2nd round QB who the entire franchise backs with the thought of 2018 opening day being his target.

if he starts earlier so be it. but until we do something along this we will have no qb for the foreseeable future

justasportsfan
12-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Rex still your coach?

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Rex still your coach?

unlike alot of people on here

i think rex is doing well with what he has.

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2016, 12:29 PM

first our D

in the secondary we need at least one or 2 CBs id let gilmore walk or possibly a 1 year tag(i know thats alot of money)

id spend a high pick on a safety. i was reading last night this draft seems deep at safety.

On O

our O line is solid IMO center is an issue but this backup seems to be holding up add in eric wood come back we should be fine.

RB we are solid

now to QB

i send tyrod packing. that will be a serious waste of money if his contract continues.

i know im gonna take alot of flack for my next comment. i start EJ next year or anyone else who is a better option then tyrod

i draft a 1st or 2nd round QB who the entire franchise backs with the thought of 2018 opening day being his target.

if he starts earlier so be it. but until we do something along this we will have no qb for the foreseeable future

Your plan seems exactly like what the Bills have been doing for years. You have a plan for some positions, assume we're set at others, and then you pretty much say that we can start anyone at QB and worry about it the year after. You even say that we can start EJ next year, which I guess means you think we should re-sign him this offseason. I don't know anyone that thinks that is a good idea.

justasportsfan
12-05-2016, 12:30 PM

then your moves are all a waste of time.
Might as well take a year off from football and wait til Rex gets fired.

Don't know what you're watching but Rex blows.

All we'll ever be under Rex is a spoiler for teams that actually have a real shot at playoffs.

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Your plan seems exactly like what the Bills have been doing for years. You have a plan for some positions, assume we're set at others, and then you pretty much say that we can start anyone at QB and worry about it the year after. You even say that we can start EJ next year, which I guess means you think we should re-sign him this offseason. I don't know anyone that thinks that is a good idea.

rexs roster looks alot different then marrones.

so i dont think its the same. and i did say EJ or someone else just not tyrod. and the 1st or 2nd round QB is a must.

just because the wrong pick has been made at qb over and over dosnt mean you stop trying. we need a college QB who has 4000-5000 yards passing for 2 years.

no more athletes, no more 1 year wonder qb. i want a gunslinger

Novacane
12-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Oh please! He turned a top defense into an average to below average defense. Him and Tryod are two peas in a pod. They are both killing this team!

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Oh please! He turned a top defense into an average to below average defense. Him and Tryod are two peas in a pod. They are both killing this team!

this D is not better then 2 or 3 years ago but its not the same scheme roster and so on.

we dont have any quality safeties and our corners have been sub par.

i see it as a work in progress

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2016, 12:47 PM

so i dont think its the same. and i did say EJ or someone else just not tyrod. and the 1st or 2nd round QB is a must.

just because the wrong pick has been made at qb over and over dosnt mean you stop trying. we need a college QB who has 4000-5000 yards passing for 2 years.

I just hope the Bills have a better plan than saying 'we need a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.' The Bills need to target a QB who they think will be worthy of leading a franchise, then they need to do everything they can to get him. If it means moving up like the Rams and Eagles did, then friggin' do it. It's not impossible anymore. If there's not a guy like that in the draft, then find one somewhere else. Don't just draft a QB to draft a QB.

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 12:49 PM
I just hope the Bills have a better plan than saying 'we need a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.' The Bills need to target a QB who they think will be worthy of leading a franchise, then they need to do everything they can to get him. If it means moving up like the Rams and Eagles did, then friggin' do it. It's not impossible anymore. If there's not a guy like that in the draft, then find one somewhere else. Don't just draft a QB to draft a QB.

i thought i gave parameters "we need a college QB who has 4000-5000 yards passing for 2 years."

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 01:01 PM

and of next years QB class i like LUKE FALK

OpIv37
12-05-2016, 01:18 PM
*sigh. There's still 1/4 of the 2016 regular season left plus playoffs and we are talking about 2017 already.

Might as well get it over with and just put "There's always next year!" on the helmets.

justasportsfan
12-05-2016, 01:26 PM
this D is not better then 2 or 3 years ago but its not the same scheme roster and so on.not the same roster because he needed player to fit his scheme and it's still a crappier defense. What does that tell you? He sucks

we dont have any quality safeties and our corners have been sub par.

our db's were just fine until he got rid of Henderson and brought in his brother.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Rex still your coach?

I bring back Jauron and watch him get 10 wins with this roster. :up:

:rofl:

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2016, 01:42 PM
and of next years QB class i like LUKE FALK

Him and Patrick Mahomes II seem to be the only players that fit your requirements. Are those the top QBs coming out of the draft this year? I don't know much about college QBs, but I assume that ranking them by yards is probably a terrible strategy.

trapezeus
12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
djjimkelly is russ Brandon.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Him and Patrick Mahomes II seem to be the only players that fit your requirements. Are those the top QBs coming out of the draft this year? I don't know much about college QBs, but I assume that ranking them by yards is probably a terrible strategy.

Sam Darnold out of USC will be someone to watch for i the 2018 Draft.

Big dude. Big arm. Very accurate.

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 02:18 PM

so your saying wanting 1000-1500 attempts in college is a bad requirement.

i dont want someone to come here to learn to throw. he must already know how. and think about the successful current qbs in the nfl they meet those requirements also

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2016, 02:24 PM
so your saying wanting 1000-1500 attempts in college is a bad requirement.

Did I say that?

YardRat
12-05-2016, 03:13 PM
I was on board until the 'keep Wrecks' comment.

Victor7
12-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Any plan that has Rex as the coach and EJ on the roster is not a plan I wanna be a part of.

EJ is worse than Taylor and Rex is the guy responsible for turning the 4th ranked defense into dog **** one year. Then the next he fired Donnie Henderson to give his brother and his former player Ed Reed a shot. I don't need to tell anyone how regressed our secondary looks. Darby, Gilmore, the backups. They all look worse than last year. Nobody can make a play.

SpikedLemonade
12-05-2016, 06:36 PM
I want The Dumb Polack to hire an executive guru to completely run the football side of the business rather than having a NFL Head Coach and NFL GM report directly to an owner who knows nothing about football (nor does his wife).

djjimkelly
12-05-2016, 08:29 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/5/13846190/can-the-buffalo-bills-find-answers-in-the-2017-nfl-draft-jabrill-peppers-adoree-jackson-corey-davis

wow 3 hours after i post lol he provides the same template for what to look for in draft

Mace
12-05-2016, 08:53 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/5/13846190/can-the-buffalo-bills-find-answers-in-the-2017-nfl-draft-jabrill-peppers-adoree-jackson-corey-davis

wow 3 hours after i post lol he provides the same template for what to look for in draft

Well, good luck on it, this last deep draft was the time to get a safety who'd have a year under his belt in the Ryan system next one because everyone but Ryan and Whaley saw it coming.

QB may or may not be Cardale, sheltered by a vet, draft another, ok. We always draft CB's and WR's, just not ones that contribute anything for long. It's about the same draft list as always. Except we need an RT high, and we need ol depth quick, probably a center, and guard on that note. Could use a TE, don't assume we have them for the offense concept. DL to contribute more than Adolphus/Bryant/Worthy, cover for Dareus' next misjudgement, spell the aging Kyle ? Young kicker maybe ? Younger running backs ?

This team is as aimless as any since we just needed a Gailey QB who could actually throw along with a real DC, or a Schwartz defense that just needed the same QB on offense that we never have.

Thing about the draft, you have to draft players that actually contribute something regularly, wherever, like hm......can't remember any recent ones, Preston Brown maybe at "ok", last years Darby not this years, and hm......maybe Miller sort of.....

Yeah, good luck on it.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Starts and ends with the QB.

Rex would look like a good coach if he had a QB.

The past 17 years the only thing the QBs for the Bills have been good for is Coach Killing.

justasportsfan
12-06-2016, 09:35 AM
I bring back Jauron and watch him get 10 wins with this roster. :up:

:rofl:

Not sure about that. Jauron will bring Maybin back.

Mr. Pink
12-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Not sure about that. Jauron will bring Maybin back.

Maybin on one side, Mingo on the other!!!!!!

Playoffs!!!!!!!!!

The Jokeman
12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Maybin on one side, Mingo on the other!!!!!!

Playoffs!!!!!!!!!

What no love for Vernon Gholston?

Mouldsie
12-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Josh Rosen is my 2017 plan right now

jlgarsh
12-07-2016, 09:07 AM

Marrone did more with less than Rex. At least he had the guts to bench EJ for Orton.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2016, 01:16 PM
What no love for Vernon Gholston?

Rotational player off the bench.

This acquiring talent is going well so far!

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2016, 01:10 AM

first our D

On O

RB we are solid

now to QB

What if Rex comes out and says, Oh man, Tyrod was amazing this year. I can't wait to start the 2017 season with him as our starter. Would you still think Rex is a capable coach?

GreedoII
12-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Need RT/Big WR/TE/CB/FS/SS/QB to rellpace that stiff EJ

Draft WR/OT/TE/QB/CB

Keep Taylor and give him a few more options on offense

Dump the run heavy scheme and play real football in the modern era.

What Ryan needs to do is pull a Tom Coughlin. Step back...side check your ego and run the team as HC only. Dump your outdated scheme and bring somebody in here to run the D based on what you have in terms of personnel rather than force your stupid outdated system. I would respect him for that. So either Lynn adjust or they find someone else that will focus on modern football strategy.

djjimkelly
12-08-2016, 09:22 AM
and i just heard me kiper say he doesnt consider 1 qb in this draft as a first rounder.