X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

i know we're all mad at tyrod and all but

Are we also not forgetting that the second half defense was beyond atrocious?
    24 points in the first 2 and a half quarters should be enough to hold. I know this is the Raiders and they have a high powered machine but still....
    Tyrod isn't the only one to blame here.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: i know we're all mad at tyrod and all but

That's what happens when your offense can't get a first down or flip the field position at all versus a great offense. No defense can withstand that.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

I have no idea why they didn't blitz more. Yeah, there' a risk of getting burned, but Oakland's receivers were wide open all day anyway. Might as well try to manufacture some kind of pass rush.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        I have no idea why they didn't blitz more. Yeah, there' a risk of getting burned, but Oakland's receivers were wide open all day anyway. Might as well try to manufacture some kind of pass rush.
        They did. We could never get to Carr.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
          That's what happens when your offense can't get a first down or flip the field position at all versus a great offense. No defense can withstand that.
          This is total crap. The offense had 23 first downs and won TOP. They sustained long drives and scored points. They didn't get their first 3 and out until there were 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. They started the second half by scoring two straight TD's to give them a 15 point lead.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around, but most of it is on the shoulders of a dumbass coaching staff and a QB too chicken-**** to throw the ball.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Victor7
              • Jul 2013

This isn't a blame Taylor OR the defense.

We got smoked so there is plenty of blame to go around. Taylor sucked ass and deserves every inch of criticism thrown his way

As does the defense that decided to allow 29 unanswered looking like dog ****. I wonder if we find our safeties in some website like www.****tydbs.com or something. Name after name and we can't land a decent one. They all suck sooooooooooooo bad. Nice firing of Donnie Henderson huh Rex??

Total team collapse.

Comment

• Zero
                Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around, but most of it is on the shoulders of a dumbass coaching staff and a QB too chicken-**** to throw the ball.
                THIS. 1000X

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                  To the contrary, these are situations a defense relishes..

multi TD lead;
                  halfway through the 3rd Q;
                  they had been on the field for less than a minute in the second half.

Good defenses take advantage of the blood in the water and attack. The DE's move out a little wider and go after the QB.
                  It is every pass rushers dream.

But they went into a 3 man prevent rush. And with 8 pass defenders, they were STILL having single coverage on deep routes.

They had their opponent on the mat. Instead of finishing them off...they dropped their guard and let Carr punch them in the face a bunch of times.

The bully they are talking about building is in name only.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

24 points, but a lot of it came on the ground or short swing passes. we could have used a guy who could have used the middle of the field. we could have used a guy who could have faced adverstity. I get the point that the score should have been enough and it agree. but a legit playoff team is going to have a game where they think they've got it and the other team doesn't roll over and die. a real playoff team can respond on O, D, ST and the stars can turn it around. this wasn't an isolated case. Rex ryan has multiple games this season where he's had the lead and last year in KC. he isn't the guy to get players to respond. he is a failure. TT is a good guy with a lot of athletic appeal but he hasn't lead a compeback and when he's fallen apart, he won't respond. we don't need more film to ensure that this is infact reality. it is. start over, buffalo. get rid of Brandon and let a real football gm come in and get scouts who can see both sides of the ball.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Here's the problem:

The Bills aren't very good.

Top to bottom.

They're a dumb football team assembled by a dumb guy who's in love with 40 yard dash times.

Athleticism without brains does not equal talent.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

The punter did not help, either.

I wouldn't mind seeing somebody punch Jarvis Landry in the face for what he did to Aaron Williams, though...and not just because Williams was a crucial part of this defense.

Really tough loss.

The play-calling was horrendous at times, too. Perhaps firing Roman was a mistake after all...definitely didn't fix a damn thing, at least

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Yeah the defense sucked. I still blame Tyrod more. Oakland has a high powered offense. When they started to get on a roll you can't have an offense that goes 3 and out and gives the ball right back to them. If our offense could have answered the TD that made it 24-16 with even a fg it would have been a different game.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                            Here's the problem:
                            The Bills aren't very good.
                            Top to bottom.
                            They're a dumb football team assembled by a dumb guy who's in love with 40 yard dash times.
                            Athleticism without brains does not equal talent.
                            I disagree with the first part WC.

If they hold on to leads in Seattle and Oakland, (both of which they were leading in the second half) they're 8-4 and sitting pretty with four to go.

I agree with your second part.

They do not play smart football. Part of that is the OC mess, part is Rex dismantling what was a very smothering defense.

The other part is the dumb penalties they take.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                              • Dec 2008

[QUOTE=Victor7;4278953]This isn't a blame Taylor OR the defense.

We got smoked so there is plenty of blame to go around. Taylor sucked ass and deserves every inch of criticism thrown his way

As does the defense that decided to allow 29 unanswered looking like dog ****. I wonder if we find our safeties in some website like www.****tydbs.com or something. Name after name and we can't land a decent one. They all suck sooooooooooooo bad. Nice firing of Donnie Henderson huh Rex??

Total team collapse.[/QUOTE

I agree. Why does it have to be one or the other?

There is plenty wrong with this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X