PDA

View Full Version : We all know what's going to happen

Thurmal
12-07-2016, 07:30 PM
They're gonna beat Pittsburgh on Sunday while getting a bunch of other games to break their way and be in prime position to make the playoffs if they can beat the lowly Browns and Jets and also knock off Miami at home in December.

Everyone (myself included) will get sucked in again, and they'll sleepwalk through the Cleveland game, lose like 14-10, and give an 0-13 team their first win.

I'm not even trying to be funny, I think there's at least a 60% chance this exact scenario happens.

Mace
12-07-2016, 08:04 PM
They're gonna beat Pittsburgh on Sunday while getting a bunch of other games to break their way and be in prime position to make the playoffs if they can beat the lowly Browns and Jets and also knock off Miami at home in December.

Everyone (myself included) will get sucked in again, and they'll sleepwalk through the Cleveland game, lose like 14-10, and give an 0-13 team their first win.

I'm not even trying to be funny, I think there's at least a 60% chance this exact scenario happens.

Yeah.

The other 40% scenario is that they crumple because they really don't play with a significant home field advantage and they're just that prone to crumpling this time of year. They just never come out impassioned and determined.

Like they lose to Pittsburgh, and everyone just figures well maybe next year and they run for the bus because the holidays are coming and they have other stuff to do.

We can't mathematically be eliminated this weekend, but 'tis the season where the better part of the team gets apathetic.

Crisis
12-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Do you guys really think this defense is going to hold Pittsburgh to a reasonable score?

djjimkelly
12-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Do you guys really think this defense is going to hold Pittsburgh to a reasonable score?

they have played some stinkers this year

Scumbag College
12-07-2016, 08:32 PM
After the Bills folded like Origami Sunday halfway through the third and Pitt beating up a decent NYG team, I have no reason to believe that the Bills win this game. I do see the Bills beating Cleveland handily next week and beating the Dolphins and hapless Jets. 9-7, missed playoffs by just a little bit for the third straight year, Rex and Tyrod stay, etc. etc.

And the beat goes on.

swiper
12-07-2016, 08:56 PM
I want to see Tyrod Taylor win one game for the Bills. Just one. Any one.

He can't do it.

How sad have the masses become. We pay some middling QB millions to hand the ball off the McCoy or whoever.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2016, 09:01 PM
I want to see Tyrod Taylor win one game for the Bills. Just one. Any one.

He can't do it.

How sad have the masses become. We pay some middling QB millions to hand the ball off the McCoy or whoever.

But he has the most beautiful handoff in the NFL, that has to count for something.

BertSquirtgum
12-07-2016, 11:54 PM

Not a chance

The Jokeman
12-08-2016, 06:03 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/luZwK-ZdB58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Novacane
12-08-2016, 06:05 AM
A fluke win against Pittsburgh wouldn't suck me back in. I'm done with Wrecks and Tyrod.

ICRockets
12-08-2016, 06:29 AM
We're going to win out. We're going to make the playoffs. We're going to make it to the AFC Championship Game against a Patriots team that saw Tom Brady go down at the end of the previous game. With Brady and Gronk out, we're going to be the favorites to win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl. Then, the day before the game, on the heels of Trump's inauguration, Israel is going to nuke us and WWIII will begin. The NFL will cease to exist forever.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2016, 08:19 AM
We're going to win out. We're going to make the playoffs. We're going to make it to the AFC Championship Game against a Patriots team that saw Tom Brady go down at the end of the previous game. With Brady and Gronk out, we're going to be the favorites to win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl. Then, the day before the game, on the heels of Trump's inauguration, Israel is going to nuke us and WWIII will begin. The NFL will cease to exist forever.

How's that going to happen with Akili Smith behind center?

GreedoII
12-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Yeah.

The other 40% scenario is that they crumple because they really don't play with a significant home field advantage and they're just that prone to crumpling this time of year. They just never come out impassioned and determined.

Like they lose to Pittsburgh, and everyone just figures well maybe next year and they run for the bus because the holidays are coming and they have other stuff to do.

We can't mathematically be eliminated this weekend, but 'tis the season where the better part of the team gets apathetic.

haven;t had significant home field advantage in 20 yrs

Victor7
12-08-2016, 12:51 PM
It would be a very Buffalo thing to do for sure. But I don't see us beating Pitt at all.

If by some miracle we do pull it off. Sign me up as a firm believer that the scenario will happen.

Ingtar33
12-08-2016, 01:48 PM

this does sound like the bills.

trapezeus
12-08-2016, 03:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing the other day. regardless of our performance against the steelers, we are losing that browns game. you can already sense the quit in the bills as a team. they are finished because rex has no plan. he just talks and hopes the bravado will magically be the answer. and at times against a weaker opponent it is ok.

Mr. Pink
12-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Yes RGIII will come out and have a game akin to his rookie season to beat the Bills.

The Browns are terrible, can't stay healthy and have a defense that is one of the worst ever assembled, poor Joe Haden.

Cardale Jones will throw for 300 and McCoy will run for 150 against them.

trapezeus
12-08-2016, 04:25 PM
I can already hear the announcers during the browns game, "Cleveland isn't as bad as their reecord, and they are beating a good bills team. it's nice to see that their hard work eventually paid off to get a win. this is the step for them to take into the offseason on a higher note if they can build on it." and we'll all be comatose watching the tv trying to figure out how the crew thought we were a good team.

swiper
12-08-2016, 06:10 PM
The Bills are not beating the Steelers. The Steelers are going to embarrass the Bills. Bank on it.

Mace
12-08-2016, 06:32 PM

Well, no. But in 2014 they ridiculously beat the eventually 12-4 Packers (Rodgers having an inexplicably terrible game), then went on the next week to lose to the eventually 3-13 Raiders. It's just a Bills thing.