PDA

View Full Version : Shady25's 12.8.16 Buffalo Bills Mock Draft..

Shady25
12-08-2016, 12:20 PM
1st- Malik Hooker S Ohio St
-Ihedigbo is doing a good job replacing Williams, but we need to have someone that can do a great job replacing Williams. As much as I can't stand OSU, this man is a complete ball hawk, and probably the most sure fire tackler on their team. Some would argue that McMillan is the better tackler, but that's only because he is labeled as a LB.

2nd- Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma
- Watkins, and Westbrook looks great moving forward, it would look incredible if we were some how able to keep Robert Woods as well. Buffalo would have a WR who excels at everything, while all 3 are all-around good players in general. Westbrook reminds me of Jarvis Landry, who is the best slot WR in the NFL atm. Keeping Woods allows us to keep him in the slot, which would maximize his value.

3rd- Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma St
-He can't come in and start right away, but we can absolutely put him onto the same path that we put 12 gauge on. He reminds me of Sam Bradford in many ways, I would even say that Mason is explicitly more competitive. Think Mark Sanchez while he did decent in Philly, and thats what you have with Mason Rudolph.

4th- Cameron Sutton CB/S/ST Tennessee
-This is the perfect Doug Whaley type pick, someone who had some issues in college, but man can he play.. he can flat out ball. Injuries cut his season short this year, plus the marijuana incident hurt his value a little bit. We need DB's as much as ever, not because ours are bad, but teams are going 5 wide now more often then ever. Sutton has a little size to him as well which should help bring down a TE every once in a while.. like our DB's at the moment don't really like to do.

5th- Nico Siragusa OG San Diego State
- Rex and Tony Siragusa are the best of friends from the Raven days, as well as Rex's days in NYC as Tony lives in Jersey.. this is the buddy buddy system working at its finest but we might actually be able to find a solid diamond in the rough here. This kids not going to need to be a star right away, and he has the size to be coached up properly, wouldnt mind Tony around here either.

6th- Daniel Carlson K Auburn
- Why not? With everything going on with K's in the NFL now, its a complete crapshoot at this point. This kid could be Janikowski or Jordan Gay. Carpenter could use the competition at the very least

7th- Shock Linwood RB Baylor
-This is Reggie Bush's replacement. Great prospect coming out of High School, and he didn't do bad at all at Baylor in his time there with over 30 TD's. If he doesn't make the team, good chance he would get picked up and not make the practice squad, solely because of his unique name always striking someones memory.

DraftBoy
12-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Hooker is only a redshirt Sophomore, I'd slightly surprised if he declared early.

k-oneputt
12-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I'd rather have Jamal Adams - LSU S

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to get Sutton in the 4th rd.

k-oneputt
12-08-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm not big on drafting kickers usually but Carlson is as good as it gets in college.

Ed
12-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Safety looks like a good bet in the 1st right now since it could use a serious upgrade. I've only heard good things about Jamal Adams and Malik Hookier, so I'd be happy with either.

The Jokeman
12-08-2016, 01:22 PM
We don't have our 4th this year as it went to Chicago in our trade up for Ragland. Also we have Dallas' 5th but lost our 7th in the Matt Cassel trade.

cookie G
12-08-2016, 02:52 PM
-for the 6th time since 2006, the Bills top draft pick will be...a defensive back;
-The QB selection who is a poor man's Brandon Weeden and whose upside is...Mark Sanchez;
-The bonus 4th round db-with-personal-issues pick, to go along with the Buckeye's 1st round safety pick. Fond memories of the Whitner/Ko Simpson dynamic duo are invoked;
-the failure to draft a RT...again, because well...its not what we do;
-the All-Cool Name pick in Nico Sarigusa. Fits well with CJ Ah You and Ed Wang

In other words, a draft that has become cliche.

0 for 18 and counting.

trapezeus
12-08-2016, 03:25 PM
if we could run some analytics on the board messanging, it would be interesting to know the earliest posting of the mock draft where everyone starts legitimately focusing on next year. this seems about average. but I suspect we've had a year or two squarely in early November. taking a safety while necessary, is so painful. would anyone have an issue if we just took a qb every pick this year and said, "to hell with this. we need this position the most." I used to be hesitant on multiple qbs or taking a qb afteryou have one. but at this point, I'm over it. we likely blow a draft class like every two years, why not just go all in on one position.

Mace
12-08-2016, 06:10 PM
-for the 6th time since 2006, the Bills top draft pick will be...a defensive back
0 for 18 and counting.

Can't really argue with much there, but sadly enough this might actually be a year when a first round strong safety or CB is actually the best thing to do, if distasteful.

Big hole in Ryan's defensive concept (and lets face it we're stuck with him) without a quality strong safety, and a top notch CB coming out of college tuned on spread offenses rids us of overpaying Gilmore.

I'm not familiar enough with the prospects yet (give me another month of draft simulators and reading up on the players), and maybe I'll change my mind because there is quality there later, suspect there might be, have my eye on a couple guys in later rounds atm.

The big holes to me atm (in no order), look like SS, CB, OL (RT, & depth that can grow into starters), DT (aging Kyle, uncertain Dareus), and of course the ever popular QB & WR. Kicker and RB can be upgraded too, unsure how important that is with the others though.

Luisito23
12-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Bills needs = Everyone and everything...

ParanoidAndroid
12-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Time to play with this! http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock

cookie G
12-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Can't really argue with much there, but sadly enough this might actually be a year when a first round strong safety or CB is actually the best thing to do, if distasteful.

Big hole in Ryan's defensive concept (and lets face it we're stuck with him) without a quality strong safety, and a top notch CB coming out of college tuned on spread offenses rids us of overpaying Gilmore.

I'm not familiar enough with the prospects yet (give me another month of draft simulators and reading up on the players), and maybe I'll change my mind because there is quality there later, suspect there might be, have my eye on a couple guys in later rounds atm.

The big holes to me atm (in no order), look like SS, CB, OL (RT, & depth that can grow into starters), DT (aging Kyle, uncertain Dareus), and of course the ever popular QB & WR. Kicker and RB can be upgraded too, unsure how important that is with the others though.

And that's pretty much why many Bills fans don't have much grounds to ***** about the QB position.

There ALWAYS is a position that needs filling before taking a QB, especially in a Rex Ryan defense. Kinda like people said we were desperate about a pass rusher and an interior LB. We weren't anywhere near desperate..but...they were priority "Needs".

Well...if you're never going to take one, not sure how they expect to fill the position.

Its much like the guy who complains about his love life.

"Well, have you ever asked a woman out?"\

-wasn't my type;
-I had more important things to do that day;
-I went through that 2 years ago and I'm not doing THAT again.

BTW..Rex used 3 no. 1 picks on DB's between 2010 and 2014.

Kyle Wilson- out of the league
Dee Milliner- out of the league
Calvin Pryor-meh.

about a 1 in 3 chance of finding a starter...and the odds are longer that he's good.

WagonCircler
12-08-2016, 11:07 PM
And that's pretty much why many Bills fans don't have much grounds to ***** about the QB position..

Wait...are you seriously blaming the fans for this?

Shady25
12-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Time to play with this! http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock
this is a pretty cool little gadget, i just wasted an hour of my life playing on this lol.

Ed
12-09-2016, 01:00 PM
As long as Marv Levy and Dick Jauron aren't making the pick, I don't have an issue with the Bills taking a DB.

Mace
12-09-2016, 06:38 PM
And that's pretty much why many Bills fans don't have much grounds to ***** about the QB position.

There ALWAYS is a position that needs filling before taking a QB, especially in a Rex Ryan defense. Kinda like people said we were desperate about a pass rusher and an interior LB. We weren't anywhere near desperate..but...they were priority "Needs".

Well...if you're never going to take one, not sure how they expect to fill the position.

Its much like the guy who complains about his love life.

"Well, have you ever asked a woman out?"\

-wasn't my type;
-I had more important things to do that day;
-I went through that 2 years ago and I'm not doing THAT again.

BTW..Rex used 3 no. 1 picks on DB's between 2010 and 2014.

Kyle Wilson- out of the league
Dee Milliner- out of the league
Calvin Pryor-meh.

about a 1 in 3 chance of finding a starter...and the odds are longer that he's good.

Well, that's why it always comes down to "who" you take and not "what". A good who that contributes is better than a bad what that doesn't or can't.

Reaching for a maybe still nets you a maybe that you reached for.

If you don't have confidence Whaley and Ryan can find a good who appropriate to position and available talent (don't think I do), you can't really think they're capable of drafting a good what.

Would you theoretically swing wild at every pitch no matter where it's going or try to pick your shot ?

I'm not a fan of swinging wild, we can't afford to, so I go along with best possible option appropriate to round and draft position.

cookie G
12-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Well, that's why it always comes down to "who" you take and not "what". A good who that contributes is better than a bad what that doesn't or can't.

Reaching for a maybe still nets you a maybe that you reached for.

If you don't have confidence Whaley and Ryan can find a good who appropriate to position and available talent (don't think I do), you can't really think they're capable of drafting a good what.

Would you theoretically swing wild at every pitch no matter where it's going or try to pick your shot ?

I'm not a fan of swinging wild, we can't afford to, so I go along with best possible option appropriate to round and draft position.

Again, so if you're not willing to improve the position...why complain about what you have?

Damn, I'm not a TT hater like some, but Ingtar's simple statement from weeks ago comes to mind.

If you want to improve the position, draft one...or 2..or 3.

Drafting DB's in the 1st has gotten this franchise no where for a long time.

Mace
12-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Again, so if you're not willing to improve the position...why complain about what you have?

Damn, I'm not a TT hater like some, but Ingtar's simple statement from weeks ago comes to mind.

If you want to improve the position, draft one...or 2..or 3.

Drafting DB's in the 1st has gotten this franchise no where for a long time.

I don't have the vaguest idea why you think I'm not willing to improve the position, I'm all over Taylor in multiple threads.

Improving the position though, is "improving" the position, not randomly accumulating bodies.

If we can improve it, do it, but c'mon, you're acting like the only thing we need is a QB. No team in their right minds are going to have a draft board consisting of only QB's, and anyone should realize you draft 2 or 3 and they're not even going to get enough development attention or reps, much less the snaps later to show you anything.

Swinging wild on QB's just to swing, when there are other useful players sitting there with the right grade ? Can't even imagine how you think that could improve the team.

Making pretend we have a real QB coach for a moment, I'd be fine with taking another one somewhere, not a reach, not over a player with better impact potential, and not several ones for the obvious reasons.

coastal
12-10-2016, 07:55 PM
**** off

Mace
12-10-2016, 08:40 PM
**** off

Trust me, I'm always trying.