PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Plan

Night Train
12-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Another big QB in the Draft...to compete with Jones.

RT - In Round 1

2 Safeties, 2 CB's via FA and Draft

Vet WR if Woods walks.

Depth

Coach and GM have to defend their current players now, so anything said before January means nothing.

Thank you TT for being our transition QB for 2 years. You were better than Cassel and Manuel, without a doubt. Still, you showed you wouldn't throw over the middle and missed 8-10 open receivers per game. Dead last in the NFL. Won't cut it. Cap concerns. 6-8 wins is your ceiling. Bye.

Full season of Lawson and Ragland coming.

29 unanswered - Keep that in mind Ryan/Whaley when the excuse machine (injuries) hits a brick wall with the fan base.

Real changes. Real QB.

YardRat
12-09-2016, 04:22 PM
I won't argue with any of that, although I don't think Wrecks has it in him to utilize a QB that is willing to throw the ball down the field even if he were to get one.

swiper
12-09-2016, 05:14 PM
But in true OBD fashion they name Anthony Lynn next HC.

Skooby
12-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Broken not bent.

sudzy
12-10-2016, 06:04 AM
I would like to see them draft a QB in the 1st. Then WR and OT in the nest 2 rounds. I know the defense has holes, but, until you get a passing game your looking at 7-9/8-8ish seasons.

swiper
12-10-2016, 06:23 AM
I don't care where they draft the guy. I just want to see them identify the right guy, then go do whatever they need to to get him.

sudzy
12-10-2016, 06:28 AM
I would like to see them draft a QB in the 1st. Then WR and OT in the nest 2 rounds. I know the defense has holes, but, until you get a passing game your looking at 7-9/8-8ish seasons.

Next. Yeah, it's early.

SpikedLemonade
12-10-2016, 06:39 AM
Another big QB in the Draft...to compete with Jones.

RT - In Round 1

2 Safeties, 2 CB's via FA and Draft

Vet WR if Woods walks.

Depth

Coach and GM have to defend their current players now, so anything said before January means nothing.

Thank you TT for being our transition QB for 2 years. You were better than Cassel and Manuel, without a doubt. Still, you showed you wouldn't throw over the middle and missed 8-10 open receivers per game. Dead last in the NFL. Won't cut it. Cap concerns. 6-8 wins is your ceiling. Bye.

Full season of Lawson and Ragland coming.

29 unanswered - Keep that in mind Ryan/Whaley when the excuse machine (injuries) hits a brick wall with the fan base.

Real changes. Real QB.
Very well said sir!

I love the plan.

The thought of a first round RT gives me a chubby.

I would add that to make my dream scenario for next year complete, the Rex brothers would need to both be gone. Perhaps the two fat bastards choke on some chicken wings. I know I will be sending them free plates full if I see them at some trough somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgfbafx137A

djjimkelly
12-10-2016, 08:58 AM

ive been doing the research sadly it doesnt look like a 1st round qb will be suitable this season. there are any and im sorry kizeR and watson suck

casdhf
12-10-2016, 09:25 AM
But in true OBD fashion they name Anthony Lynn next HC. Would you really have a problem with this? He has two super bowl rings as a reserve player, the offense loves him and he turned our offense around with the same (or even worse with injuries) players.

Luisito23
12-10-2016, 12:55 PM
I'd take Lynn over that idiot Rex every day, and twice on weekends!

Mace
12-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Would you really have a problem with this? He has two super bowl rings as a reserve player, the offense loves him and he turned our offense around with the same (or even worse with injuries) players.

I wouldn't say he turned the offense around, Taylor's stats went down from last year, they run as well as McCoy is healthy, still have no hurry up or two minute offense, get plays off slowly, and can't drive downfield when required.

I like Lynn, at least he uses the pass to set up the run. Not sure where his ceiling is because he's limited by Ryan's concepts.

Would I make him a head coach ? No.

swiper
12-10-2016, 06:44 PM
I'd take Lynn over that idiot Rex every day, and twice on weekends!

That's exactly the reaction they'll be hoping for. It's not the right one to have though.