PDA

View Full Version : Cardale Jones, It's Your Turn

BillsImpossible
12-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Time to turn the page on Tyrod Taylor and move on. Fat lady is singing loud and clear. It's over.

He had plenty of chances today (and the entire year) to pull the trigger on wide open receivers and didn't deliver.

Cardale Jones is a freaking monster with an arm that can make big plays.

He's a trebuchet.

If Rex can't see the obvious, it's time to get a new coach.

If Rex gives Jones the start next week, I can't wait to watch how this season ends.

Mace
12-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Time to turn the page on Tyrod Taylor and move on. Fat lady is singing loud and clear. It's over.

He had plenty of chances today (and the entire year) to pull the trigger on wide open receivers and didn't deliver.

He's a trebuchet.

If Rex gives Jones the start next week, I can't wait to watch how this season ends.

Got to love a trebuchet.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-11-2016, 05:47 PM

He's a trebuchet.

We need a Trumpian level revolution in Bills Nation. Make the Bills Great Again!

Joe Fo Sho
12-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Got to love a trebuchet.

It's really the only option if you want to launch a 90kg projectile over 300m.

LarryBoy
12-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Just wondering what the feel of this kid is? Besides the big arm...

sudzy
12-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Give Cardale the next three games. But, unless he is incredible, I'm all in favor of spending a high draft choice on a QB. I'm sick of this crap.

kingJofNYC
12-11-2016, 06:04 PM
I'd rather not throw Cardale out there, not this season. What I want to see the last three games is more Tyrod, I want him to throw the ball 40 times a game, abandon the run and see if Tyrod can throw. I think we all know what the outcome will be, but I want to abandon this run first mentality, open up the pass game and let's see if he can do a better job. I doubt it but I want to be 100 percent sure before heading into the off season. No more hiding him.

Mace
12-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Big arm, good mobility, built like a tank, completely unprepared to start NFL games, likely incapable of reading NFL defenses. Play him 3 games, draft another one besides, find a vet to bridge/mentor.

BillsImpossible
12-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Rumor has it that some coaches and higher ups wanted to start Jones this week against the Steelers.

Look at the kind of throws he made in preseason this year...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ybKuO8fqaOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Buffalo News recently had a good article about Cardale Jones...Gilmore said he's more accurate.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AoAJwW37K90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GjBMpUa8MEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jimkelly12203
12-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Much like this entire organization, he is garbage too.

It sucks

Jimkelly12203
12-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Big arm, good mobility, built like a tank, completely unprepared to start NFL games, likely incapable of reading NFL defenses. Play him 3 games, draft another one besides, find a vet to bridge/mentor.
This.

Mace
12-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Maybe the biggest thing atm, is that even if he has three terrible lost games, it's not going to dent his confidence in terms of whatever potential development he's capable of. Jones isn't wired that way. He'll enthusiastically have a ball trying.

Jaybird
12-11-2016, 06:36 PM
he should at least dress, and get him in a game at some point... We know we don't have anything in EJ, and Taylor is going backwards, and lacks instincts

YardRat
12-11-2016, 06:44 PM
I'd rather not throw Cardale out there, not this season. What I want to see the last three games is more Tyrod, I want him to throw the ball 40 times a game, abandon the run and see if Tyrod can throw. I think we all know what the outcome will be, but I want to abandon this run first mentality, open up the pass game and let's see if he can do a better job. I doubt it but I want to be 100 percent sure before heading into the off season. No more hiding him.

We've seen almost two seasons of what Taylor is capable of doing when he's in situations that require throwing the ball. Plenty of third and longs, being behind late, teams shutting down the run game, etc to evaluate what he can do.

The experiment is over at QB as well as the cluster**** at head coach, time to move on from both.

feldspar
12-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Got to love a trebuchet.

Gotta admit that I had to look it up.

I didn't like this part..."Middle English: from Old French, from trebucher ‘overthrow.’ "...Overthrow? Seems likely

Don't figure I'll encounter the word ever again, though.

Catapult suits me fine.

I have little faith Jones will turn into jack-squat at QB, either.

Mace
12-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Gotta admit that I had to look it up.

I didn't like this part..."Middle English: from Old French, from trebucher ‘overthrow.’ "...Overthrow? Seems likely

Don't figure I'll encounter the word ever again, though.

Catapult suits me fine.

I have little faith Jones will turn into jack-squat at QB, either.

Old story, joked with Imp about it a long time ago. But used to play a game called Age of Empires. You could knock down a lot with a bunch of catapults, but had to have a lot of protection for them. Treubuchets though leveled everything after a few shots from stupid range, and you could then send their protection through the holes you made, while the opponent was furiously going after the trebuchet. It ended up making more sense just sending a stream of trebuchets than bigger clumps of catapults with too much support that kept getting tangled up around them trying to keep them from the couple whacks that would wipe them out.

Trebuchets though more expensive, took more whacks while levelling anything you put them in distant range of. By the time they went down, your opponent was furiously trying to get back out of the stone age while all your junk protection for them was running around wiping out his farmers and houses.

Heh, probably had to play the game.

djjimkelly
12-11-2016, 07:54 PM
im officially hoping for these reports to be true and cardale jones come in for the next 3 weeks completely sh1t the bed .

my dream of 3 new qbs in 2017 might come true

kingJofNYC
12-11-2016, 08:03 PM
We've seen almost two seasons of what Taylor is capable of doing when he's in situations that require throwing the ball. Plenty of third and longs, being behind late, teams shutting down the run game, etc to evaluate what he can do.

The experiment is over at QB as well as the cluster**** at head coach, time to move on from both.

No problem with throwing everyone out at the end of the year, I just don't want to throw Jones into something he's not ready for. We shouldn't be basing anything off a 3 game sample, it's fair to say that they'll be searching for a qb at the end of the season regardless of what happens.

WagonCircler
12-11-2016, 08:21 PM

A former Ohio State football player (notice that I did not say graduate) who once said "I didn't come here to play school. I came here to play football". He's likely incapable of reading anything.

stuckincincy
12-11-2016, 09:06 PM
He's Bobby Douglass reincarnate.

The Jokeman
12-12-2016, 06:55 AM
A former Ohio State football player (notice that I did not say graduate) who once said "I didn't come here to play school. I came here to play football". He's likely incapable of reading anything.

Wasn't this something he posted on Twitter? which might dismiss your thoughts on his ability to read.