PDA

View Full Version : BUFFALO BILLS NEXT HEAD COACH IS???????????

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I'm gonna say Tom Coughlin but would like to see them go after Lane Kiffin, I like the idea of a young guy with new Idea's instead of NFL retreads.

streetkings01
12-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Lane Kiffin? He's failed in the NFL & college and that's your choice?!?!

USC_Gamecock
12-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Bill Cowher.

Saw that he was having dinner with Pegs tonight!

Mace
12-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Anthony Lynn.

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Lane Kiffin? He's failed in the NFL & college and that's your choice?!?!

so did Bill belicheck fail before he became the best, remember what Kiffin has done in the last 4 years,he has taken 3 different style of QB's and made the systems work and all those QB's are not even on any NFL roster except fpr McCarron.

Jimkelly12203
12-11-2016, 06:09 PM
A very, very powerful Tom Coughlin.

At least that's what we'd do if i was paying the bills.

WagonCircler
12-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Anthony Lynn.

Yup.

And that sucks.

Skooby
12-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Coach Kiffin won't happen but Coughlin could.

Buffalogic
12-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Todd Haley

TacklingDummy
12-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Doesn't matter as long as we keep coach killing Quarterbacks.

Jaybird
12-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Anthony Lynn... he will bring in a D Coordinator who has experience as a head coach, to help with his lack of experience. We switch back to a 4-3... we have the players to do so.

BillsImpossible
12-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Firing the coach is a bad knee jerk reaction.

I'm thinking Rex pulls the plug on Tyrod, Cardale Jones replaces him and the Bills finish 9-7.

I think the players - not the coach - were primarily responsible for another season without the playoffs.

Who'd of thought Gilmore would have a bad year while playing for a big contract?

Reggie Ragland, out for the year.

Sammy Watkins, out for most of the year.

Dareus out for most of the year.

With a little luck, and good officiating, the Bills could be easily be 9-4.

I put the blame on the players, not the coach or coaches.

I think they put their players in a position to win this year and their players failed them.

Is Jason Garrett a great coach?

No, but look what happened once the Cowboys found their franchise QB....

feldspar
12-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Anthony Lynn? Does anyone really want a running backs coach to head this team at this point?

jamze132
12-11-2016, 07:21 PM

I'm thinking Rex pulls the plug on Tyrod, Cardale Jones replaces him and the Bills finish 9-7.

I think the players - not the coach - were primarily responsible for another season without the playoffs.

Who'd of thought Gilmore would have a bad year while playing for a big contract?

I think they put their players in a position to win this year and their players failed them.

Dude. Just no. It's time to build it right. Knee jerk reaction lol half of us have been wishing he had been fired a while ago.

Mace
12-11-2016, 07:25 PM

I see what you're doing here Imp !

swiper
12-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Anthony Lynn? Does anyone really want a running backs coach to head this team at this point?

I don't think anybody wants that. I just think they're predicting the next move by OBD. And that's a very OBD type of move.

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 07:47 PM

NO................ why would anyone wan't any coach off Rex's squad? Plus Lynn hasn't done anything to deserve a head coaching job, usually when a coordinator you have success before you even get mentioned for the gig.

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Coach Kiffin won't happen but Coughlin could.

I'd be fine with Coughlin's disciplinary way's.

streetkings01
12-11-2016, 07:53 PM
so did Bill belicheck fail before he became the best, remember what Kiffin has done in the last 4 years,he has taken 3 different style of QB's and made the systems work and all those QB's are not even on any NFL roster except fpr McCarron.
Kiffin is no Belichick..........he's more Mangini, Ryan, Mularkey, Gailey, etc. then he is Belichick.

justasportsfan
12-11-2016, 07:56 PM
NO................ why would anyone wan't any coach off Rex's squad? Plus Lynn hasn't done anything to deserve a head coaching job, usually when a coordinator you have success before you even get mentioned for the gig.

All he did was dumb down Roman's playbook.

Had he turned Tyrod into Drew Brees Id keep him

feldspar
12-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I'd be fine with Coughlin's disciplinary way's.

Coughlin will be 71-years-old on opening day.

trapezeus
12-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Next coach is most likely picked by Russ Brandon after they promote another nobody to gm and goes along and pretends he calls all the shots until he's fired and Russ does it to someone else

BertSquirtgum
12-11-2016, 08:25 PM
I like Todd Haley.

BertSquirtgum
12-11-2016, 08:28 PM
I don't think anybody wants that. I just think they're predicting the next move by OBD. And that's a very OBD type of move.
I could see them being dumb enough to do this.

WagonCircler
12-11-2016, 08:37 PM
I could see them being dumb enough to do this.

By the sound of Bucky Gleason's column, it's already done.

scartown
12-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Matt Patricia

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Kiffin is no Belichick..........he's more Mangini, Ryan, Mularkey, Gailey, etc. then he is Belichick.

I'm not saying he is or isn't but the guy right now has one of the most successful offensive schemes in college football, in the last few years we are seeing the quarterback read option be more and more instilled into the NFL game and used by many teams including the Bill's, no one can see the future but saying he wouldn't be good we be no different to saying that Bill Cowher would suck, no one knows untill it plays out.

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 09:00 PM
Coughlin will be 71-years-old on opening day.

why duz age bother people? its not like your head coach has to do wind sprints.

mdcas22
12-11-2016, 09:02 PM
All he did was dumb down Roman's playbook.

Had he turned Tyrod into Drew Brees Id keep him

exactly

paladin warrior
12-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Head coach is Tom Coughlin
Defensive coach is Phillies Wade.

WagonCircler
12-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Defensive coach is Phillies Wade.

I'm curious. Do you have some sort of phone app that scrambles words and phrases and turns them into mini puzzles before you post them?

Mr. Pink
12-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Kirk Ferentz!

If I say it enough times, it will come true!

paladin warrior
12-11-2016, 09:27 PM
I'm curious. Do you have some sort of phone app that scrambles words and phrases and turns them into mini puzzles before you post them?
:-)
::-)

swiper
12-12-2016, 04:32 AM

):-

Historian
12-12-2016, 05:11 AM
Coughlin, Polian, anyone with an established reputation wouldn't even come here.

What they should do, is fire Brandon, and the Rex circus. Let Whaley pick the next coach.....maybe Haley, or someone else he is comfortable with.

What they will probably do, is keep Brandon and Whaley, and let Brandon hire yet another crony, once again, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, and blame it all on the Ryans.

If that's the case, then I'm not renewing my tickets. I'm tired of paying good money for this ****-show, and the entire ****-show that is the NFL.

I've got better things to do with my Sundays in Autumn.

feldspar
12-12-2016, 08:03 AM

):-

:-|

The Jokeman
12-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Coughlin, Polian, anyone with an established reputation wouldn't even come here.

What they should do, is fire Brandon, and the Rex circus. Let Whaley pick the next coach.....maybe Haley, or someone else he is comfortable with.

What they will probably do, is keep Brandon and Whaley, and let Brandon hire yet another crony, once again, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, and blame it all on the Ryans.

If that's the case, then I'm not renewing my tickets. I'm tired of paying good money for this ****-show, and the entire ****-show that is the NFL.

I've got better things to do with my Sundays in Autumn.

Whaley has no ties to Haley. As Haley came to Pittsburgh way after Whaley had left. That said I did mention Haley as a possible HC in earlier threads because he is a former HC and has been a pretty good OC in the stops he's had. That said after some research he seems to alienate players and has no issues with it which can be a quick way to lose a team but maybe his time in Pittsburgh he's changed. In terms of our next HC, I have no idea what we're going to do. I can see giving Lynn the ship now to see how he does but I don't think he's a long term answer and worry with his ties to Rex's staff with the Jets he might keep a lot of the current position coaches in place which I don't like.

streetkings01
12-12-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying he is or isn't but the guy right now has one of the most successful offensive schemes in college football, in the last few years we are seeing the quarterback read option be more and more instilled into the NFL game and used by many teams including the Bill's, no one can see the future but saying he wouldn't be good we be no different to saying that Bill Cowher would suck, no one knows untill it plays out.Bama has 5 star recruits at every level........anybody could come in and design a game plan that would be effective.

Arm of Harm
12-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Lynn hasn't done anything to deserve a head coaching job? Are you serious?

Granted, the guy's been an offensive coordinator for less than a year. I'll give you that much, at least. But in that year, he's been instrumental in the Bills achieving the NFL's 31st-ranked pass offense (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1). The Bills cannot let a guy like that leave the building! They must sign him to a head coaching gig, before some other team snaps him up. Mark my words!

Historian
12-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Whaley has no ties to Haley. As Haley came to Pittsburgh way after Whaley had left.

Doesn't matter.

He's got ties to Pittsburgh.

This isn't about who is qualified.

Its about cronyism, plain and simple.

paladin warrior
12-12-2016, 09:56 AM
):- 🎅

paladin warrior
12-12-2016, 09:59 AM
:-|😎

Mahdi
12-12-2016, 10:07 AM
I would promote Anthony Lynn.

He looks like a serious guy with a plan and good habits.

Zoneblitser
12-12-2016, 11:39 AM
I would love to see Wade Phillips as HC and Ken Whisenhunt as OC.

The Jokeman
12-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I would love to see Wade Phillips as HC and Ken Whisenhunt as OC.

Wade is more of a 3-4 Coach, so not sure I'd bring him in as think our D-line best suited in a 4-3 front.

Zoneblitser
12-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Wade is definitely a three-four guy but I think he uses a mix of four-three also.
We do have the personal to pretty much make his scheme work.

Albany,n.y.
12-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Hillary Clinton, although she will try to negotiate a special clause in her contract that she doesn't have to go to Wisconsin when we play the Packers.

casdhf
12-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Jeff Fisher.

stuckincincy
12-12-2016, 02:02 PM
I nominate Coach-for-Life Marvin. :bigwave:

The Jokeman
12-12-2016, 02:19 PM
I nominate Coach-for-Life Marvin. :bigwave:

Marvin passed on us years ago because his wife didn't like the Buffalo school system. As I'm pretty sure Tom Donahoe thought he had an inside track to land him with their Steeler connection. Yet when Marvin balked he went to the guy with the plan in his pocket aka Gregg Williams.

Mike13
12-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Bill Cowher.

Saw that he was having dinner with Pegs tonight!

I'm gonna say Tom Coughlin but would like to see them go after Lane Kiffin, I like the idea of a young guy with new Idea's instead of NFL retreads.

You guys are exactly one Jon Gruden from winning "Retired Head Coach that is not coming back" Bingo.

stuckincincy
12-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Marvin passed on us years ago because his wife didn't like the Buffalo school system. As I'm pretty sure Tom Donahoe thought he had an inside track to land him with their Steeler connection. Yet when Marvin balked he went to the guy with the plan in his pocket aka Gregg Williams.

The 2nd time's a charm? There would be no end of Cinci fans who would like to see him off... :kid:

mdcas22
12-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Bill Cowher, Tom Coughlin, Mike Shannahan, John Gruden any of these guys because if I'm going with a retread these guys have all won super bowls. if not this caliber of coach them I wan't a young guy like Gase.

coastal
12-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Who ****ing cares!?

anything short of Russ Brandon getting canned is just show.

swiper
12-14-2016, 05:14 AM
Eric Mangini

bdutton
12-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Is Kay Stephenson available?

Albany,n.y.
12-14-2016, 03:05 PM
Bill Cowher, Tom Coughlin, Mike Shannahan, John Gruden any of these guys because if I'm going with a retread these guys have all won super bowls. if not this caliber of coach them I wan't a young guy like Gase.

No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 or more different teams. We need someone hungry who will win his 1st in Buffalo.

cookie G
12-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Who ****ing cares!?

anything short of Russ Brandon getting canned is just show.

We're going to end up with that character actor who played the defensive coordinator in Remember the Titans.

Denzell will want too much.

"let them remember....FOREVER....the night they played the Titans".

sudzy
12-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Hillary Clinton, although she will try to negotiate a special clause in her contract that she doesn't have to go to Wisconsin when we play the Packers.

I hear Russia is already trying to get her fired.

Turf
12-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Jordan Gay, he can resign himself every two weeks.

YardRat
12-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Hugh Freeze.

Mace
12-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Hugh Freeze.

In a perfect world, Mr. Freeze would certainly coach in Buffalo.

Arm of Harm
12-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Wade is more of a 3-4 Coach, so not sure I'd bring him in as think our D-line best suited in a 4-3 front.

Would there be pain involved in switching to a 3-4? Yes. But Wade is a more than good enough coach to justify that pain.

By far the best defense the Bills have had in my lifetime was back in the late '90s. Very very stifling. They played well against just about everyone they faced, including the best offenses in the league.

As the Broncos' defensive coordinator you look at what Wade did to Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in that playoff game. That's about what you'd expect from a Wade Phillips defense.

Mace
12-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Would there be pain involved in switching to a 3-4? Yes. But Wade is a more than good enough coach to justify that pain.

By far the best defense the Bills have had in my lifetime was back in the late '90s. Very very stifling. They played well against just about everyone they faced, including the best offenses in the league.

As the Broncos' defensive coordinator you look at what Wade did to Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in that playoff game. That's about what you'd expect from a Wade Phillips defense.

We sort of are a 3-4 already, if not the Fairbanks-Bullough version though. Agree with Jokeman, they worked better as a 4-3.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Mel Tjeerdsma, Chuck Broyles, or Willie Fritz. If we insist on being an NCAA division two club why not a division two calibre coaching staff?

Generalissimus Gibby
12-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Is Kay Stephenson available?

How about Harvey Johnson or Hank Bullough?

X-Era
12-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Coughlin, Haley, maybe McDaniels. NOT Frank Reich

scartown
12-18-2016, 07:00 AM
kyle Shanahan and Matt Patricia would be my first two targets

swiper
12-18-2016, 07:54 AM
kyle Shanahan and Matt Patricia would be my first two targets

Barf and double barf.

Neither has proven anything. Those would be horrid choices.

swiper
12-18-2016, 08:02 AM
Coughlin, Haley, maybe McDaniels. NOT Frank Reich

This is much more the direction they should go.

I am not so much worried about Coughlin's age as can he put together a decent staff at this point?

If Pegula had any brains, he would swallow his pride and go to Schwartz, apologize for picking Rex over him, admitting that mistake and offering him the job now.

Schwartz would get this team to ten wins.

swiper
12-18-2016, 08:11 AM
And, FWIW, I will be surprised if Schwartz isn't a head coach somewhere next season. He's one of the best choices out there.

If The San Diego staff implodes I would snatch back Joe D'Alessandis to coach the line. Find George Catavolos to coach the secondary.

But it all hinges on getting a better QB.

coastal
12-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Anyone worth a **** coming here knowing Whaley is going to interview him?