Whaley doesn't want Cardale to start, he wants Freaking EJ. Unbelievable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Whaley doesn't want Cardale to start, he wants Freaking EJ. Unbelievable.

Whaley the hack STILL hasn't given up on EJ. What possible other reason could there be for him advocating starting EJ for the final three games? Whaley is a complete idiot.

The News also learned before the game that Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley, whose future with the team appears to be secure, had a disagreement over the future of quarterback Tyrod Taylor.

Ryan apparently wanted to stick with Taylor as the starter for the rest of the season and have him be the team's long-term answer at the position. But Whaley would prefer that Taylor sit through the final three games, avoiding the possibility of injury that could potentially force the Bills to pay him $30.75 million of an injury guarantee even if he doesn't play next season.

Originally, it was thought that Whaley wanted to see rookie Cardale Jones play the final three games, but the GM instead could be pushing for veteran backup EJ Manuel because he think Jones is far too raw to play at this point.

• WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Whaley doesn't want Cardale to start, he wants Freaking EJ. Unbelievable.

So this is TWO wars with Head Coaches over them not wanting to start the horrendous EJ Manuel.

You couldn't write this stuff.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

EJ may suck but at least he throws over the middle.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

At least Whaley is right on this argument. EJ is better than Tyrod.

Not that that takes much or is a ringing endorsement.

I like his logic for not playing Tyrod anymore, not wanting to risk paying that injury money. If I was Whaley right now and there was a thought in my mind that Tyrod would play Sunday vs Cleveland...I'd just cut Tyrod during the week.

Cardale should play vs Cleveland though.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Whaley just loves him some guys Whaley drafted.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

This organization is embarrassing.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

well im happy if its gonna be ej it should have been EJ at halftime

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Honestly, with that clause in the contract, and with how Tyrod runs and throws his body around, you'd probably want the coach to do the same thing.

Sounds like Whaley wants to tank the rest of the year and not be on the hook for 30 million. Should still be fired with Rex however, because he's the idiot who negotiated that **** in the first place.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Picked a hell of a day to stop sniffing glue.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    EJ may suck but at least he throws over the middle.
                    You recognize that's exactly where Tyrod hit Sammy for a touchdown today, right? For ****'s sake, even when Tyrod has a game as putrid as this one, you can't just be HONEST about the ways in which it was bad?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Whaley is smart. Why ruin another quarterback by throwing him in early?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                      Honestly, with that clause in the contract, and with how Tyrod runs and throws his body around, you'd probably want the coach to do the same thing.

Sounds like Whaley wants to tank the rest of the year and not be on the hook for 30 million. Should still be fired with Rex however, because he's the idiot who negotiated that **** in the first place.
                      Actually, Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf did.

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Any other team except maybe Cleveland or San Fran this would be unbelievable. Unfortunately, as a Bills fan this type of stupidity is all too believable.

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Yup, can't complain, or can't expect nothing but stupidity from this joke of a franchise.
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

Actually makes a lot of sense to me. We may need/want EJ as a backup next year, if Jones is still as raw as people are saying - including Vic Carucci, who gets to watch practices.

I don't think for one moment that it's a case of Whaley hasn't given up on EJ, rather that it's the best we can do of the current mess we are in.

We've currently got a pretty good track record of ruining QB prospects, EJ included, and putting Jones in, could well really cement that, especially if he is that raw still. We can probably still beat the Browns, even with him in, but I seriously doubt the same would happen against the 'Phins and Jest, both of whose D-Lines are pretty decent. 'Seeing what we have' with Jones, is pretty pointless, where he's still allegedly 'that raw', and is nothing but a sop to fans, while doing absolutely nothing for his development.

Sometimes the GM has to do things that are better for the franchise overall, and this, to me, seems like one of those situations. Taylor's performance yesterday, was the one that gave no doubt he isn't getting the option picked up, so why risk being on the hook for a bunch of guaranteed money, in case of injury.

Of course, because Whaley is closely associated with the Manuel pick, the media will spin it like he's still getting a chance, and I suppose, to a minor extent, that is true, but it's through circumstance rather than any desire to re-anoint him as a starter for next season.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I don't have an issue with Whaley's logic, I'd want Taylor inactive for the rest of the season...there is zero valid argument for risking $30mil at this point when the season is done over an injury. I'd really like to see what Cardale can do the rest of the season, but if EJ plays instead I'm OK with that too and don't think it's any indication that Whaley still believes that Manuel is any kind of answer. Hell, if I'm Pegula I'm making that call myself...I'm already eating $15mil-plus when I boot Wrecks this week, there is no way in hell I am tripling down and risking another 30.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X