PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically speaking...

sdbillsfan2
12-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Chances are good that a new coaching staff and general clean up of wasted space at OBD will happen. We may not drop the personnel that deserves to go but..
If you were the new coach for 2017 and could only keep 6 players from this year ..who do you keep.
Salary , talent , age can all be factors
Have at it !

justasportsfan
12-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Kyle, Glenn, Incognito,Watkins,Hughes, Dareus.

EDS
12-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Watkins, Glenn, Dareus, Hughes, Ragland and Darby. Would definitely need someone to light a fire under most of those guys though.

Mahdi
12-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Glenn, Watkins, Lawson, Dareus, Gilmore, McCoy

Jimkelly12203
12-12-2016, 12:14 PM
McCoy, Glenn, Incogneto, Ragland, Shaq (might as well see what he's got now that we sat through his injury), Watkins.

The Jokeman
12-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Glenn, Watkins, Lawson, Dareus, Gilmore, McCoy
I think this is the best foundation of six players for both short term and long term success.

stuckincincy
12-12-2016, 04:28 PM
They should consider the Center position come the draft.

TacklingDummy
12-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Kyle Williams, Richie, Z. Brown, Gilmore, C. Glenn, E. Wood

Mouldsie
12-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Glenn, Watkins, Lawson, Dareus, Darby, Gilmore

This was excruciating because idk if there are truly 6 core players to start a rebuild around.

Mace
12-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Well, we're stuck with Dareus for his salary. I wouldn't keep him otherwise.

Glenn, Incognito, Lawson, Darby, Ragland.

My thought is blind side is anchored and proven, young quality CB (I'm blaming Ryan's system and lack of Donnie Henderson on his regression), longterm solids with Lawson & Ragland.

If I could somehow shuck Dareus and his salary (love him as a player, have no confidence he holds up under the barrage of unnannounced drug tests), I'd keep McCoy and try to keep him fresh with a younger back. As opposed as I was to getting him, the man has some serious game when healthy.

ICRockets
12-12-2016, 08:17 PM
It's literally impossible to field a competitive team from 6 incumbents and a collection of free agents/rookies.

This is a stupid hypothetical.

Mace
12-12-2016, 09:15 PM
It's literally impossible to field a competitive team from 6 incumbents and a collection of free agents/rookies.

This is a stupid hypothetical.

I just looked at it more like who are your 6 untouchable keepers you wouldn't want to lose.

sdbillsfan2
12-12-2016, 10:15 PM
I just looked at it more like who are your 6 untouchable keepers you wouldn't want to lose.

Thanks Mace ..next time I'll spell it out for the slower kids in class. ��

SpikedLemonade
12-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Kyle, Glenn, Incognito,Watkins,Hughes, Dareus.

Kyle seriously?

ICRockets
12-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Chances are good that a new coaching staff and general clean up of wasted space at OBD will happen. We may not drop the personnel that deserves to go but..
If you were the new coach for 2017 and could only keep 6 players from this year ..who do you keep.
Salary , talent , age can all be factors
Have at it !
That spells it out just fine. 6 Bills and 47 new folks. Can't make a team out of that.

Joe Fo Sho
12-13-2016, 07:50 AM
That spells it out just fine. 6 Bills and 47 new folks. Can't make a team out of that.

You must be a blast at parties.

ICRockets
12-13-2016, 12:43 PM
You must be a blast at parties.
:rofl: Too scared to post as 'Dude' anymore so you've just switched accounts, eh?

Joe Fo Sho
12-13-2016, 12:51 PM
:rofl: Too scared to post as 'Dude' anymore so you've just switched accounts, eh?

Who the **** is 'Dude?'

YardRat
12-13-2016, 01:56 PM
Richie is my favorite olineman atm, but if I'm starting from scratch I'm going with youth.

Glenn, Dareus, Lawson, Ragland, Darby and Washington.

Buffalogic
12-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Richie is my favorite olineman atm, but if I'm starting from scratch I'm going with youth.

Glenn, Dareus, Lawson, Ragland, Darby and Washington.Good list. You have to keep Watkins, though. Contracts force us to keep Hughes, McCoy (doubt someone would trade for a 10m rb). If you keep McCoy, you want to keep Felton. I'd be on the fence about keeping Z. Brown. Probably should hang onto Miller too.

The rest are cannon fodder.

Arm of Harm
12-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Good list. You have to keep Watkins, though. Contracts force us to keep Hughes, McCoy (doubt someone would trade for a 10m rb). If you keep McCoy, you want to keep Felton. I'd be on the fence about keeping Z. Brown. Probably should hang onto Miller too.

The rest are cannon fodder.

If we're getting rid of all but six players, then presumably we'd be well, well below the salary cap. That being the case, we could presumably afford to eat a lot of dead cap space. In fact, an argument could be made that it's better to get that dead cap space out of the way in 2017--a rebuilding year anyway, especially under this scenario--so that we'd start 2018 with a clean slate.

On offense, the two players I'd hold onto are Watkins and Glenn. The Watkins/Glenn combination would be a good building block for the future. On defense I'd look to keep Gilmore, despite the fact he's had a disappointing season this year. I'd also keep Lawson, Hughes, and Ragland. Am I 100% sold on all six of the guys I mentioned? No. But on a team like this, there isn't much young, up-and-coming talent from which to choose.

Buffalogic
12-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Oh I forgot...Gillislee is a must keep.

sdbillsfan2
12-13-2016, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=Mouldsie;428175This was excruciating because idk if there are truly 6 core players to start a rebuild around.[/QUOTE]

Thats how I feel .I was looking for input
from fellows zoners . I'm beginning to see a pattern.
Youth vs experience or potentials. Should be interesting to see what this team focuses on in 2017

LVGrown
12-14-2016, 06:56 AM
Taylor
Miller
Harvin
Clay
Carpenter
Spikes