X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

well that ends that thought

After the Bills lost to the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, Bills coach Rex Ryan said "we'll see" when he was asked if there was a chance that the team would make a quarterback change.

guess much of the same for the end of the year
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: well that ends that thought

Amazing...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Idiotic. Risky. Naive. Desperate.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Is it wrong to root for him to get hurt so the organization gets stuck with his contract?

They deserve it.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          • Feb 2006

Only 1 thing is plausible to me. Owners said everyone is fired if we don't make the playoffs. That may be the reason Whaley changed course and now wants to start Tyrod.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
            Owners said everyone is fired if we don't make the playoffs.
            The owners NEVER said any such thing.

The owners said that that never said any such thing.

Some reporter(s) said they heard from unnamed sources that such was the case. I don't believe for a second that the Pegulas made that ultimatum in any way before the season. Those reports are completely unfounded, and some people took it as fact.

This doesn't mean that people WON'T get fired after to season, or shouldn't be fired...but if they ARE fired, that won't give credence to the phantom ultimatum. It will in some eyes, but not mine.

Making such a simplistic ultimatum would be completely idiotic before seeing how things played out.

I'm not defending anyone here, just saying that I don't think any ultimatum happened way back. There's absolutely zero proof of that.
            Last edited by feldspar; 12-12-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• ICRockets
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              Is it wrong to root for him to get hurt so the organization gets stuck with his contract?

They deserve it.
              100% agree. Not rooting for it, but it would serve them god damn right.

Comment

• bleve
                • Mar 2005

Until they're mathematically eliminated, you have to play the players who give you the best chance. If they put out CJ, they're basically telling the other 52 to mail it in.
                "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  The owners NEVER said any such thing.

The owners said that that never said any such thing.

Some reporter(s) said they heard from unnamed sources that such was the case. I don't believe for a second that the Pegulas made that ultimatum in any way before the season. Those reports are completely unfounded, and some people took it as fact.

This doesn't mean that people WON'T get fired after to season, or shouldn't be fired...but if they ARE fired, that won't give credence to the phantom ultimatum. It will in some eyes, but not mine.

Making such a simplistic ultimatum would be completely idiotic before seeing how things played out.

I'm not defending anyone here, just saying that I don't think any ultimatum happened way back. There's absolutely zero proof of that.
                  I think this is a new development. As in today. Not something that was there at the start of the season.

That's the only thing that makes sense in regard to starting Taylor these last 3 games with the injury clause looming.
                  Last edited by Buffalogic; 12-12-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

I think this is a new development. As in today. Not something that was there at the start of the season.

That's the only thing that makes sense in regard to starting Taylor these last 3 games with the injury clause looming.
                    If this is the case, then that means we only have one more game to watch Tyrod play.

After Sunday they'll be mathematically eliminated.

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

These dumb asses deserve for Tyrod to get hurt and be stuck with that contract.
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        • Feb 2006

Tyrod going to intentionally hurt himself mid game to collect the money.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

How can this be a new development that "everyone" is going to be fired if the Bills don't make the playoffs? There is no chance the Bills are going to make the playoffs...there is no "if" about that as of yesterday.

I'm talking about the things I've read since the beginning of the year...THAT ultimatum...make the playoffs or else. I don't believed that ever happened. But I'm absolutely positive that there was no ultimatum to make the playoffs as of today, because as of today, we aren't going to make the playoffs...simple logic there. Talking about being "mathematically eliminated" is for chumps. Everyone knows what the score REALLY is.

Either people will get fired or not, but the playoffs are ruled out. No need for a new ultimatum at this point. Such an ultimatum would be ridiculous to make today for the first time. We won't make the playoffs even if we win out...wanna bet about that?
                          Last edited by feldspar; 12-12-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

I hope the Browns beat these bafoons.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I guess if Pegs wants to gamble 30mil it's his money to blow, but that comes with hefty cap ramifications also.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X