X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Why Tyrod Starts/Playoff Chances?

Well I didn't understand why Tyrod was named started for this week but if you look at the playoff standings the Bills still actually have a chance to make it in still.

Indianapolis, Denver, Tennessee, Baltimore and Miami ALL have a tough road ahead for the last WC spot while the Bills have the easiest schedule remaining on paper.

Rec: 6-7 -- Colts: @Minnesota, @Oakland, Jacksonville

Rec: 7-6 -- Tennessee: @KC, @Jacksonville, Houston

Rec: 7-6 -- Baltimore: Philadelphia, @Pittsburgh, @Cincinnati

Rec: 8-5 -- Miami: @Jets, @Bills, New England

Rec: 8-5 -- Denver: New England, @KC, Oakland

That is why Tyrod had to continue as starter... Imagine if things fell into place and the Bills had gone into offseason mode...
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Why Tyrod Starts/Playoff Chances?

We're 11th in the AFC right now. That's as close to last place as it is to a 6th place wild card.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
      We're 11th in the AFC right now. That's as close to last place as it is to a 6th place wild card.
      I didn't say chances were good, just not as far fetched as I/everyone originally thought.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

At this point, any playoff chances that involve us winning games are far-fetched.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
          I didn't say chances were good, just not as far fetched as I/everyone originally thought.
          They're exactly how far fetched most people thought, which is extremely far fetched. Our season was over when we lost to Oakland.

Bench Tyrod.

Comment

• Jaybird
            • Dec 2005

Any team that allows 2 running backs to gain over 200 yards rushing does not have a chance

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Except the Bills are two games out of 6th place and last place is 0-13 so it's not that close. I get the point though. The Bills have no business making the playoffs, but considering their schedule and the other teams schedules, I agree with Mahdi that it's not as far fetched as I thought.

It certainly wouldn't be shocking if the Broncos and Fins both lost their last three. And even if they both finish 9-7 the Bills can still win tie-breakers against them.

I have zero expectations of this team actually having a chance, but it makes sense from the Bills perspective to still at least try and do everything they can to win these last few games.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

if they squeak on some off chance and then lose big in the playoffs, the team can spin it that they really need continuity. seeing that winning out and getting in is the most harmful long term projection that could happen to this team, book it.

but in seriousness, the bills lose to Cleveland. and it will suck that we will have to wait until Monday to fire rex.

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

As long as the team is not mathematically eliminated, they have to play to win - no matter what the odds are. Its as simple as that.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                    http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...81735840599732so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

I hope Cleveland beats us on Sunday so these playoff posts stop & we can replace them with more new coach speculation posts.

Comment

• Victor7
                        • Jul 2013

Read on another board that Tyrod has a clause in his contract that guarantees his deal if he gets hurt this season.

Now if true this is the cusp of Whaley's stupidity and reason number 1 for us NOT to play Tyrod anymore. Play Cardale so we can also see how bad he sucks and we can go into the 2017 draft thinking QB and nothing more.

Who the F*** gives out an injury clause like that to an unproven RUNNING quarterback ?? The ineptitude on this team is staggering.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Clean house now before we fall farther behind. LA already has a leg up on us in the Looking for New HC department.

If I were Pegs and Taylor gets hurt this week, I start throwing **** at people.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Doesn't Tyrod's injury clause only cover a career ending injury? What are the odds of that happening?

With full details regarding yearly payouts and bonuses, we can now take a look at the annual cash and cap breakdowns of Tyrod Taylor's long-term contract extension.

If Taylor suffered a career-ending injury, the injury guaranteed money in the contract is $37 million

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Doesn't Tyrod's injury clause only cover a career ending injury? What are the odds of that happening?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016...act-breakdowns
                              Probably small.

I still don't understand why the felt they had to offer him that generous extension this past August. You would think they would have had some memory of the $$$ that they dumped in Fitz' wallet several years ago. As well as the bundle they plopped in Kyle Orton's lap...
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X