PDA

View Full Version : Team awaiting results of MRI and X-rays

BillsFever
07-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Running back Jamel White felt "wobbly" and was kept out of Monday morning's workout after being hit twice during weekend practices.

White hadn't been told whether he had a concussion. He had an MRI test and X-rays Monday, and the Browns were awaiting results.

White was carted off the field Sunday after taking a hard hit during a blitz drill. On Saturday, he was slow getting up after being hit by three or four defenders on a running play.

The versatile fourth-year back, who ran for 470 yards and caught 63 passes last season, continued to practice after Saturday's blow.

"But yesterday, I stopped," he said. "I'm not going to practice if I don't feel right. I'm not going to do anything to threaten my career. I'm not going to push it."

White said his head struck the ground "pretty hard" after he was hit on Sunday. He complained of dizziness to team trainers, and said he was still a little shaky after reporting for work Monday.

He said he'll stay out until doctors give him the OK, and until he passes his own tests.

"If I feel like I'm still rocking back and forth, I'm not going out there," said White, who got a four-year contract with a $1.3 million signing bonus last month. "I'm cautious. I need my brain."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0728/1586489.html