• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Our divisional play pretty much killed this season

Splitting with the Pats wasn't the problem, it was losing to Miami / Jets that basically killed our season.
  • bleve
    • Mar 2005

Re: Our divisional play pretty much killed this season

Terry Pegula saying there will be no changes in back in January killed our season.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bleve View Post
      Terry Pegula saying there will be no changes in back in January killed our season.
      Actually the way we handled the cap in 2015 forced Pegula to say that because we didn't have the cap room to make any significant changes. Remember, this team was right up against the cap for most of FA. We didn't have cap space until we got some guys restructured, and by that time anyone who could have helped was gone.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Here's to hoping that trend continues this sunday.

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Squish the Fish, this is our Super Bowl.

Comment

• Mike13
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
            Squish the Fish, this is our Super Bowl.
            Sadder words were never spoken.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Beat the fish and we help to knock them out of wildcard... That feels real good.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                Beat the fish and we help to knock them out of wildcard... That feels real good.
                No, it doesn't. At this point, I'm much more interested in the Bills solving our own problems, than I am in whether we create problems for other teams. Our problems start at the top, and won't be corrected until we've replaced our general manager, head coach, and quarterback. If the Bills were to beat the Dolphins, the primary effect would be to potentially breathe life into the careers of people we should be firing. The secondary effect would be to create a small but significant reduction in our draft position.

I'm tired of our team playing spoiler. I'm tired of going 7-9 and keeping our coach/GM, when 2-14 would have led to replacements/potential upgrades at both positions. I'm tired of seeing the Bills win meaningless games to spoil our draft position. This is year 17 of the Bills' playoff drought. During those seventeen years we've had two organic draft picks in the top 5. (Mike Williams and Marcel Dareus.) During the remaining 15 years we won enough games to keep us out of the top five of the draft; not enough to get us into the playoffs. This season is more of the same. Prior to the playoff drought the Bills were at least creative about the ways in which they broke their fans' hearts.

The Bills haven't had a quarterback since Kelly hung up his cleats. The Dolphins haven't had a quarterback since Marino. If the Dolphins do make the playoffs, they'll get eliminated by someone like Oakland or New England. Why should I celebrate if it's the Bills who eliminate the Dolphins' Super Bowl hopes, instead? Am I really supposed to be that desperate for some small hint of relevance? Or am I supposed to be that bitter about 0-for-the-70s, that I'd want to punish the Dolphins almost 40 years later?

Ultimately, cleaning house is so important a goal for the Bills, that any and all other goals pale in comparison.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Why we are waiting to fail is beyond me.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                    No, it doesn't. At this point, I'm much more interested in the Bills solving our own problems, than I am in whether we create problems for other teams. Our problems start at the top, and won't be corrected until we've replaced our general manager, head coach, and quarterback. If the Bills were to beat the Dolphins, the primary effect would be to potentially breathe life into the careers of people we should be firing. The secondary effect would be to create a small but significant reduction in our draft position.

I'm tired of our team playing spoiler. I'm tired of going 7-9 and keeping our coach/GM, when 2-14 would have led to replacements/potential upgrades at both positions. I'm tired of seeing the Bills win meaningless games to spoil our draft position. This is year 17 of the Bills' playoff drought. During those seventeen years we've had two organic draft picks in the top 5. (Mike Williams and Marcel Dareus.) During the remaining 15 years we won enough games to keep us out of the top five of the draft; not enough to get us into the playoffs. This season is more of the same. Prior to the playoff drought the Bills were at least creative about the ways in which they broke their fans' hearts.

The Bills haven't had a quarterback since Kelly hung up his cleats. The Dolphins haven't had a quarterback since Marino. If the Dolphins do make the playoffs, they'll get eliminated by someone like Oakland or New England. Why should I celebrate if it's the Bills who eliminate the Dolphins' Super Bowl hopes, instead? Am I really supposed to be that desperate for some small hint of relevance? Or am I supposed to be that bitter about 0-for-the-70s, that I'd want to punish the Dolphins almost 40 years later?

Ultimately, cleaning house is so important a goal for the Bills, that any and all other goals pale in comparison.
                    Relax... This thread is all about divisional play... And my reply was to a trolling fin fan.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                      Relax... This thread is all about divisional play... And my reply was to a trolling fin fan.
                      Point taken.

I admit that I'm feeling frustrated with two solid decades of organizational incompetence, and with the fact that the problem is exactly as bad under Terry Pegula/Doug Whaley as it's been at any time during the post-Polian era. That said, I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
                        Here's to hoping that trend continues this sunday.
                        Considering the game is on Saturday, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Fish didn't show up until Sunday. Figuratively speaking, of course.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

We are four and six, discounting the NFC contests. It isn't just the division that has been our problem, it's the entire conference.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Our defense killed this team, and its all traceable to Rex and his dumb brother.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              We are four and six, discounting the NFC contests. It isn't just the division that has been our problem, it's the entire conference.
                              If we got the same results against Miami and Jets as last season, its playoffs for us as of this minute.

Comment

Working...
                              X