PDA

View Full Version : Listened to WGR 550 this morning

DesertFox24
12-19-2016, 09:11 AM
They were talking about the problems and it is the same thing I have been saying. The bills run first and def philosophy is flawed. Stop builiding the team around the qb and get the darn qb. Also your off needs to be pass orientated and hopefully the pegulas see that and if Whaley and Rex do not want to make change to that line of thinking then they need to go.

JoeyW3
12-19-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't listen to WGR (I'm out of town and don't have the app) ... did they identify why the philosophy is flawed? Is this specific to Buffalo? Or, is the "run first, strong defense" philosophy no longer a fundamentally sound strategy in today's NFL? Has something changed (ex. defensive rules) that makes the NFL no longer suitable for this strategy?

I'm just curious about their analysis and what's leading them (WGR) to this stance.

justasportsfan
12-19-2016, 10:20 AM
They were talking about the problems and it is the same thing I have been saying. The bills run first and def philosophy is flawed. Stop builiding the team around the qb and get the darn qb. Also your off needs to be pass orientated and hopefully the pegulas see that and if Whaley and Rex do not want to make change to that line of thinking then they need to go.

Ground and pound has it's limits when A) your quarterback isn't making the opponents D pay when they play to stop the run and are able to B) your D isn't Seattle/Denver SB good.

feldspar
12-19-2016, 10:23 AM
I don't listen to WGR (I'm out of town and don't have the app) ...

You don't need the app.

You can still listen to it live on their website from a mobile device or PC, but it's better to listen to the "on demand audio." They archive their broadcasts, so you can pretty much listen to any recent sports program here :

http://media.wgr550.com

It's better to listen to it on demand a tad bit later, because the commercials are gone, and you can fast forward past things that don't interest you.

I'll listen to it sometimes on my iPad for background noise when I'm doing something else.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Philosophy is easy, but execution is hard. How to get that QB? I don't have time to dig data. But if you look at average years for a team to get that QB, I'll bet probably over 10 years.

WagonCircler
12-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Ground and pound has it's limits when A) your quarterback isn't making the opponents D pay when they play to stop the run and are able to B) your D isn't Seattle/Denver SB good.

Plus, it makes it almost impossible to come from behind and win games. If your Defense isn't the 1985 Bears, you're going to fall behind, and if your Offense isn't geared to scoring points quickly, you're fuct.

DesertFox24
12-19-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't listen to WGR (I'm out of town and don't have the app) ... did they identify why the philosophy is flawed? Is this specific to Buffalo? Or, is the "run first, strong defense" philosophy no longer a fundamentally sound strategy in today's NFL? Has something changed (ex. defensive rules) that makes the NFL no longer suitable for this strategy?

I'm just curious about their analysis and what's leading them (WGR) to this stance.

Basically the problem is the qb position, whether they have beaten into TT to not turnover the ball or his inability to throw with anticipation. We have Sammy, Robert, Clay and they are under utilized and if you look at playoff teams they have a passing offense that you have to gameplan for. We do not have that one bit.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't need the app.

You can still listen to it live on their website from a mobile device or PC, but it's better to listen to the "on demand audio." They archive their broadcasts, so you can pretty much listen to any recent sports program here :

http://media.wgr550.com

It's better to listen to it on demand a tad bit later, because the commercials are gone, and you can fast forward past things that don't interest you.

I'll listen to it sometimes on my iPad for background noise when I'm doing something else.

This is what I do as well since I live in Reno Nevada

WagonCircler
12-19-2016, 03:40 PM
This is what I do as well since I live in Reno Nevada

Reno?

I shot a man in Reno...

DesertFox24
12-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Reno?

I shot a man in Reno...

Just to see him die....

Mr. Pink
12-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Just to see him die....

When I hear that whistle blowin...

WagonCircler
12-19-2016, 04:09 PM
When I hear that whistle blowin...

...I hang may head and cry.

feldspar
12-19-2016, 04:36 PM
You shoot a boy named Sue?

He's been everywhere, man.

ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Pass first, run first, ground and pound, dink and dunk..... it's all bull****. If your offense doesn't have the versatility to switch gears, you don't have an NFL offense. Tyrod is limited as an NFL QB. He rarely anticipates and rarely reads a defense, but, most importantly, he can't make a defense pay for stacking the box.

swiper
12-19-2016, 05:12 PM

Well what you're saying is wrong. Just because some bonehead on WGR trumpets an opinion it means nothing. Running the ball in cold weather is the way to go. It opens up the option of true play option. If you understand what that is. Eli Manning was on the radio here talking about the need for the run here today. He pointed out that when you line up 5 wide it fools no one. However when you line up with 2 wideouts, a TE, and backs in the backfield the defense doesn't know what play you're going to run. It's football 101. I guess you missed that course. Anybody touting a pass-first offense in Buffalo must have been asleep during the Ryan Fitzpatrick tenure as a Bill. He rocked in September weather and slowly slid to suck as it got cold.

WagonCircler
12-19-2016, 05:35 PM
You shoot a boy named Sue?

He's been everywhere, man.

Yeah. I had the Cocaine Blues.

I can't forget the day I shot that bad ***** down.