PDA

View Full Version : If Rex is Fired - This is What Should Happen

Mahdi
12-19-2016, 10:30 AM
First of all, I am not in favor of firing Rex.

I think he needs more time to find the right QB and add 2-3 more pieces on offense and defense.

That being said it looks like this is happening so this is what I think would make the move a success...

1. Promote Anthony Lynn to HC. I normally hate the idea of just promoting in-house but I think this guy is HC material. He is a solid character guy and looks like he is a straight arrow with a plan. He would also be key towards maintaining continuity despite a HC change. His offensive principles would remain and the players respect him and like his scheme.

2. Promote Aaron Kromer to OC. Our Run game has been great with this guy coaching the line. He knows run game and he's done a great job with Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Groy (Wood has competition) and Miller. He will keep our offensive scheme intact.

3. Hire Gus Bradley to coach the defense. Bradley has built a nice defense in Jacksonville and I think his style of defense would be a good fit with our personnel. Even guys like Adolphus Washington (who can move to DT) and Lawson would be great fits in it. Add KW, Marcell and Hughes and he already has the makings of a top DL.

HAMMER
12-19-2016, 10:48 AM
First of all, I am not in favor of firing Rex.

I think he needs more time to find the right QB and add 2-3 more pieces on offense and defense.

That being said it looks like this is happening so this is what I think would make the move a success...

1. Promote Anthony Lynn to HC. I normally hate the idea of just promoting in-house but I think this guy is HC material. He is a solid character guy and looks like he is a straight arrow with a plan. He would also be key towards maintaining continuity despite a HC change. His offensive principles would remain and the players respect him and like his scheme.

2. Promote Aaron Kromer to OC. Our Run game has been great with this guy coaching the line. He knows run game and he's done a great job with Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Groy (Wood has competition) and Miller. He will keep our offensive scheme intact.

3. Hire Gus Bradley to coach the defense. Bradley has built a nice defense in Jacksonville and I think his style of defense would be a good fit with our personnel. Even guys like Adolphus Washington (who can move to DT) and Lawson would be great fits in it. Add KW, Marcell and Hughes and he already has the makings of a top DL.

If they're not canning Whaley also then I am on board with this plan. Though I would not want Kromer calling plays, let Lynn continue with play calling. At least we would keep one system in place,

The Jokeman
12-19-2016, 11:38 AM
If they're not canning Whaley also then I am on board with this plan. Though I would not want Kromer calling plays, let Lynn continue with play calling. At least we would keep one system in place,

For what it's worth Kromer was the Bears OC in 2013 and 2014:
Statistically, the Bears offense greatly improved from its 2012 counterpart. The 2013 offense ended the year with the second-best scoring offense with 445 points, behind the Denver Broncos; the previous year ranked 16th at 375 total points and 23.4 PPG. The 2012 team also was ranked 29th in passing yards with 2999, while the following year improved to fifth with 4281 yards.[342][343] The offense also broke team records in total yards (6,109), passing yards (4,450), passing touchdowns (32), first downs (344)[344] and passer rating (96.9),[345] while falling short of the 1985 team's record of points scored in a season by 11, ending with 445.[346]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Chicago_Bears_season and
Offensively, the team recorded the highest completion percentage in team history with 65 percent, and ranked second among all Bears teams in completions (396), passing attempts (609) and passing touchdowns.[330]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Chicago_Bears_season

My only concern is that Marc Trestman was the HC of the Bears and he seems to have a great track record of being a QB guru and more of a reflection on him than Kroner.

WagonCircler
12-19-2016, 11:40 AM
1. Promote Anthony Lynn to HC. I normally hate the idea of just promoting in-house but I think this guy is HC material. He is a solid character guy and looks like he is a straight arrow with a plan.L.

Wow. Just ****ing wow.

You think this guy is HC material based on what, exactly? He was never even a coordinator until a few weeks ago, and he has proven nothing as a coordinator since. His sole accomplishment was paring down Greg Roman's Offense so our dumb ass players could execute it, Pop Warner style.

You think he's a solid character guy? That's how low the bar is now? So hire Tom Hanks. He's a solid character guy. Or Ellen. Everyone likes Ellen. Might as well. With Whaley and Brandon in charge, we're doomed anyway.

Skooby
12-19-2016, 11:50 AM
We need to toss the entire lot to the curb, not a person left.

Mr. Pink
12-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Why do people want to hire Anthony Lynn?

What has he done?

He's not even calling the offensive plays, Rex is.

Mahdi
12-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Why do people want to hire Anthony Lynn?

What has he done?

He's not even calling the offensive plays, Rex is.

First of all, Lynn is highly regarded in the league which is why he was getting interviews and having his name mentioned for HC jobs even before his move to OC. He is understood to be a good leader, with a tough personality that commands well. He's been in the league a long time, was a player and is well respected.

Second, Rex has nothing to do with offensive play calling.

YardRat
12-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately for us Tyrod is the right QB for how Wrecks wants to run things. Tyrod certainly needs to be upgraded but it won't matter who we get to put under center it's going to produce the same results unless Wryan changes his archaic philosophy.

Mahdi
12-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Now that Rex is gone...

Lynn HC
Kromer OC
Gus Bradley DC

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go with a base 4-3 defence for the last game and getting a look at having Alexander, Brown and Preston as our 3.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 09:47 PM
I like A. Lynn too, but he has nowhere near the experience as Tom Coughlin.

He's a run first coach that knows how to manage a quarterback with limitations.

Gus Bradley as DC? I'm down with that.

Mahdi
12-27-2016, 10:03 PM
I like A. Lynn too, but he has nowhere near the experience as Tom Coughlin.

He's a run first coach that knows how to manage a quarterback with limitations.

Gus Bradley as DC? I'm down with that.

Coughlin won 2 SB already. He's 70. I don't see him being too hungry to turn Buffalo around.

Lynn has the offense rollling well and is starting to get good things out of Tyrod, who is by far our best QB option for next season.

Losing Lynn and Tyrod would set us back on offense. The plan should be to continue to build on what we have, go to a simple 4-3 attack style defence and add a young qb through the draft and a vet QB in FA.

Also add a safety and Tag Gilmore.

Mace
12-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Wow. Just ****ing wow.

You think this guy is HC material based on what, exactly? He was never even a coordinator until a few weeks ago, and he has proven nothing as a coordinator since. His sole accomplishment was paring down Greg Roman's Offense so our dumb ass players could execute it, Pop Warner style.

You think he's a solid character guy? That's how low the bar is now? So hire Tom Hanks. He's a solid character guy. Or Ellen. Everyone likes Ellen. Might as well. With Whaley and Brandon in charge, we're doomed anyway.

I'm good with Tom Hanks or Ellen. Always liked Ellen. Not sure she's not mean to Portia, but I could accept her with her flaws because she's a hoot. I could probably accept Portia too but I'd be mean to her because she has that snarky smirk that belittles a person who drinks too much and acts stupid. Hanks though, well he gets that uncomfortable look on his face that wounds people with his perceived discomfort, and you perceive his discomfort too. Players sure would. He might make me feel uncomfortable sometimes though, but he's Tom Hanks.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 12:14 AM
I'm good with Tom Hanks or Ellen. Always liked Ellen. Not sure she's not mean to Portia, but I could accept her with her flaws because she's a hoot. I could probably accept Portia too but I'd be mean to her because she has that snarky smirk that belittles a person who drinks too much and acts stupid. Hanks though, well he gets that uncomfortable look on his face that wounds people with his perceived discomfort, and you perceive his discomfort too. Players sure would. He might make me feel uncomfortable sometimes though, but he's Tom Hanks.

If he can land a plane on the Hudson, stop hijacking boat pirates, run back and forth across the country, survive alone on a deserted island and tolerate Rosie O'Donnell and Madonna on his baseball team, he can certainly do this.

BertSquirtgum
12-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Anthony Lynn as head coach will be a continuation of the joke that Rex Ryan was.

swiper
12-28-2016, 04:50 AM
The op is a stupid 13 year old kid with no idea.

Mace
12-28-2016, 06:38 PM
If he can land a plane on the Hudson, stop hijacking boat pirates, run back and forth across the country, survive alone on a deserted island and tolerate Rosie O'Donnell and Madonna on his baseball team, he can certainly do this.

Two things stand out about Hanks.
-He's tough. He knocked out his own tooth with a rock on that deserted island. Not many men can do that.
-He's remarkably well grounded. I could never tolerate O'Donnell even in bit parts and commercials, much less interact with her without being antagonized.