• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Rogue One

Russ Brandon is Director Krennic.

Go see the film, and you will understand why.

That is all.

• MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Rogue One

Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Before I pony up $12, I have to ask. Is this movie similar in tone to the Harrison Ford Star Wars movies, or to the God awful Hayden Christenson movies?

The former were everything a movie should be, and most of all, they were fun. The latter were horrendously dour and self-important. Unwatchable.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
        • Jun 2015

I hate the Anakin movies. I am hopeful that Disney will do away with them and remake the Anakin movies once Lucas dies.

So many horrible decisions.

Why have darth freaking vader's only achievement in the destruction of the Jedi be the murder of "younglings". And why call them something stupid like "younglings". I was expecting Anakin to come face to face with teh very best Jedi of the time and to win convincingly against them. Not slaughter children while the stupid storm troopers do all the work... The events that led to anakin's turn were also utterly unconvincing. The CGI was terrible. The lightsaber battles were all flash and flipping around like a gymnast.

Contrast with the Luke v. Vader battles which had very little dancing around and a whole lot of smashing lightsabers against one another. No dancing.

The force awakens did a good job. Especially with the light saber battles. That snow fight between Ren and Rey was brutal. Exactly how it should be done.

I'm guessing Rogue one is not like either of the trilogies. From what i've read it's decidedly a war movie. More like Saving Private Ryan in tone than any of the Star Wars movies we know. That's what i've heard at least.

And from what i know of the character Krennic, he's exactly like Brandon. A sniveling weasel making power plays behind everyone's back and moving up the food chain despite his incompetence.
        All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

"I don't like the sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating--not like you. You're soft and smooth."

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

This organization needs a Darth

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
              I hate the Anakin movies. I am hopeful that Disney will do away with them and remake the Anakin movies once Lucas dies.

So many horrible decisions.

Why have darth freaking vader's only achievement in the destruction of the Jedi be the murder of "younglings". And why call them something stupid like "younglings". I was expecting Anakin to come face to face with teh very best Jedi of the time and to win convincingly against them. Not slaughter children while the stupid storm troopers do all the work... The events that led to anakin's turn were also utterly unconvincing. The CGI was terrible. The lightsaber battles were all flash and flipping around like a gymnast.

Contrast with the Luke v. Vader battles which had very little dancing around and a whole lot of smashing lightsabers against one another. No dancing.

The force awakens did a good job. Especially with the light saber battles. That snow fight between Ren and Rey was brutal. Exactly how it should be done.

I'm guessing Rogue one is not like either of the trilogies. From what i've read it's decidedly a war movie. More like Saving Private Ryan in tone than any of the Star Wars movies we know. That's what i've heard at least.

And from what i know of the character Krennic, he's exactly like Brandon. A sniveling weasel making power plays behind everyone's back and moving up the food chain despite his incompetence.
              I'll pass, then.

The wisecracking Indiana Jones-like behavior of Han Solo was the glue of the first three movies. And Carrie Fischer's Leia was great. That and the fact that it was all so new and fresh is what made the first three movies great.

Once the franchise started seeing itself as something other than fun popcorn movies, it all went to hell. They took it all way too seriously and lost everything good about them.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

Rogue One is more like empire strikes back. It is not cheesy like the stupid prequel trilogy. Only thing I will say is it is much more of a war movie.

Comment

• BLeonard
                  BoB Sabermetrician
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  Russ Brandon is Director Krennic.

Go see the film, and you will understand why.

That is all.

Um, as a big Star Wars fan, who went out in single digit temps for the first show last Thursday at 7 PM, gotta pull rank here... Simply because Krennic dies. (Sorry for the spoiler, but tags apparently don't work).

If you're relating Brandon to a Star Wars Character, he's gotta be Threepio: Offers little to the plot, annoys the hell out of you most of the time, contributions to the cause are nil, nobody wants to hear him talk, but still manages to be in (and survive) every goddamn time.

-Bill

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Krennic sells snake oil and false hope ?
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                      Um, as a big Star Wars fan, who went out in single digit temps for the first show last Thursday at 7 PM, gotta pull rank here... Simply because Krennic dies. (Sorry for the spoiler, but tags apparently don't work).

If you're relating Brandon to a Star Wars Character, he's gotta be Threepio: Offers little to the plot, annoys the hell out of you most of the time, contributions to the cause are nil, nobody wants to hear him talk, but still manages to be in (and survive) every goddamn time.

-Bill
                      OK, then Doug Whaley is Jar-Jar Binks.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

-Bill
                        How about a spoiler alert, asswipe?

Comment

• BLeonard
                          BoB Sabermetrician
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          How about a spoiler alert, asswipe?
                          A: I said I tried... For whatever reason, spoiler tags aren't allowed on here.

B: If you know ANYTHING about the Star Wars Universe and Rogue One's place in the timeline, it's not that much of a spoiler... It's pretty much a given.

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          OK, then Doug Whaley is Jar-Jar Binks.
                          Well, Jar Jar survives too, so....

-Bill

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Well, Jar Jar survives too, so....

-Bill
                            Yes, but he is a scorned, hated embarrassment of a character who is never heard from again. He's a running joke, and a low point in the franchise's history.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

A: I said I tried... For whatever reason, spoiler tags aren't allowed on here.

B: If you know ANYTHING about the Star Wars Universe and Rogue One's place in the timeline, it's not that much of a spoiler... It's pretty much a given.

-Bill
                              Lol, who needs a "spoiler tag?"

You couldn't just type "spoiler alert," or otherwise let people know you were about to reveal things about the plot?

First thing you should have said...

Who the **** needs a "spoiler tag" for that?

Now I'm a little bit pissed. Thanks again. Is there a tag for this type thing? Is there a "big-mouth tag?"

I like Star Wars, particularly the 1st 3 releases, but I'm not a nerd about all the crazy offshoots.
                              Last edited by feldspar; 12-20-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X