PDA

View Full Version : Rex may stay and that means so does Tyrod.

jamze132
12-20-2016, 06:53 AM
So if Rex stays, so does Tyrod. It means that the Pegulas are totally convinced this dumpster fire of a team is close and that they need one more season to make the jump. Ok fine. I can honestly say I can live with our offense another season. If we bring in a decent WR to compliment Sammy, bring in some O-line help, and simply incorporate Clay into the game plan each week, I could live with it. This offense can move the ball and put up points but it's not really designed to come from behind.

The biggest problem I have with giving Rex another year is our ****ty defense. This side of the ball needs a major overhaul, especially in the secondary. Gilmore can go because he's not worth too 10 money if you ask me. Other than Darby, who has played mediocre this season, we could use an upgrade at every position in the secondary. Need to find another fat bastard for the D-line to help stop the run too.

Keeping Rex also means we have to keep Tyrod. So you can have him for $27 mil for one season (stupid) or you can activate the follow-on years which reduce his 17 cap number almost in half. That also means that if the Pegulas decide to ditch Rex after next season, the new coach will have Tyrod on the books for another few seasons. Not the worst scenario. I'm willing to bet that if Tyrod was on a team with a legit defense, he would be looked at in a much different light.

So it looks like the Pegulas have a big decision to make in a couple of weeks. Blow this **** up or let it ride one more season.

jamze132
12-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Yeah I know... duh.

The King
12-20-2016, 07:42 AM
I had said a few weeks ago (fully expecting them to lose to PIT and OAK) that Rex's job would come down to beating the division. He was spanked by the Jets and Fins this season. That can't be, if they win one of those games we're still very much in the hunt. The fact of the matter is Rex hasn't really upset anyone this year, and he hasnt been able to take care of his division.

Good coaching can steal you a game. And I haven't seen that.

trapezeus
12-20-2016, 08:16 AM
every year we say that people should stop buying stuff if we want change. and this is becoming the year that die hard fans seem to be losing steam for this show. my family is not renewing their seats and largely sold most of the games this season. I've heard it from a lot of people as well. and as I pointed out, the debates in this board use to be heated. now we all kind of agree on the basic premise that they can't get better until they really gut the place, and we all know they aren't going to do that. they seem content to have this drought go another 5-10 years before they make adjustments.

so that being said, they can do whatever they want. i'll watch the games with almost no passion and no hope. just predicting when they will screw up and they will magically deliver. and any game where they start to suck you back in, you'll see the refs screw the team.

Jimkelly12203
12-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Tyrod is a really solid game manager. The problem is that he does not see the field. He literally misses wide open players numerous times every game. He doesn't even notice that they're open! And when he does throw it, the ball is inaccurate. YAC are VERY tough to generate here because you're never getting the ball in stride.

There will be no improvement with the current QB. This is what we are.

There's nothing to improve on. These are skills that cannot be taught. And all three of the QBs on our team have the same problem. They are all inaccurate and incapable of reading the field. Tyrod starts because he's good at protecting the ball and he manages the game better than EJ. Jones doesn't even dress. He talks to the media and acknowledges that he's not even remotely ready.

These are the QBs your GM brought to town. Whaley is a buffoon.

WagonCircler
12-20-2016, 02:41 PM
I keep seeing these "Rex might stay" threads, but I never see any credible sources in them.

Night Train
12-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Let's just wait and see.

Hollow speculation coming from EVERYWHERE.

Skooby
12-20-2016, 04:24 PM
This couldn't of been added to my Rex is going to stay ?? Did you break new ground besides pointing out the same main point ?

WagonCircler
12-20-2016, 04:40 PM
This couldn't of been added to my Rex is going to stay ?? Did you break new ground besides pointing out the same main point ?

Why do you care?

I've never understood that. Is there money involved?