PDA

View Full Version : Random Bills Team Rankings

DraftBoy
12-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Was looking at ESPN/NFL.com this morning and wanted to share some of the Bills team rankings season to date.

Offense
#14 Total Yards per Game
#31 Pass Yards per Game
#1 Rush Years per Game
#9 Point per Game
#1 in Rushing Yards, Yards per Attempt, Yards per Game, and Rushing TD's
#2 in Most Sacks Allowed
#2 in Touchdowns Scored

Defense
#2 in Sacks
#4 in Giveaway/Takeaway Differential
#16 Total Yards Allowed per Game
#8 Pass Yards Allowed per Game
#27 Rush Yards Allowed per Game

Special Teams
#1 FG Percentage
#30 Net Punting

With all of that being said, here are my questions:
1. How does the top rushing attack in the NFL not have a better passer rating? The run is supposed to set-up the pass, right?
2. How does a defense be as dominant as we appear to be against the pass become so woeful against the run?
3. What the hell happened to Schmidt and our punt coverage units?

The answer to all of the above is a combination of coaching, scheme, and players being put in positions to be consistently successful. There is no reason why a team with those rankings shouldn't be in the wild card chase if not competing for a division title.

The Beef
12-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Technically we are in a wild card chase.

It's feasible we won't be eliminated until Week 17.

Ed
12-20-2016, 11:06 AM
Of all those stats I would say the run defense is the most disappointing to me. Not having Dareus and Lawson for half the season hurt, and Ragland could have helped too, but the D still shouldn't have been that bad against the run.

I know Tyrod could have played better and improved the passing numbers, but I'm having a hard time putting all the blame on him like everyone else when you look at the mediocre WR group he played with most of the year. It's hard to develop as a young passer and develop any kind of chemistry if you're having to play with a lot of different WRs every week that aren't very good. Just having a consistent healthy group to work with all year could have made a big difference.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2016, 11:15 AM
If you're really terrible against the run, then your stats against the pass will become skewed as teams won't pass on you as much. They don't need to.

Jauron's teams here were also good against the pass because they were terrible against the run.