PDA

View Full Version : The formula for success

Mouldsie
12-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Building a winning team need not be difficult. Follow Mouldsie's order of importance when looking for talent and compiling your roster in 2016. If you don't have the QB yet you must focus all efforts toward that goal until it is achieved. Then move down the list.

1) QB
2) DL/pass rushers
3) DB
4) OL (give me solid B's across the board, your weak link will always be exploited)
5) LB
6) TE
7) WR
8) RB

Don't even bother with a FB IMO. Blue chip talents can obviously change the order of importance (i.e. you want Luke Kuechly because he can cover like a DB)

As you can see, the Bills have been trying to do things in an almost inverse order for the past 20 years. This is why we suck.

Thoughts?

Mr. Miyagi
12-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Seems like you're basing your entire formula strictly on New England. Dallas is having a ton of success with elite OL, RB, and so so defense. Oakland has the QB and OL and Khalil Mack but not in your order, Seattle is all defense and above average QB only.

YardRat
12-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Have to start with a decent GM and coaching staff that are at least on the cusp of the curve, preferably ahead of it, not lagging 5-10-20 years behind. Management that works together and are on the same page of the business model. Without that, it doesn't matter how much talent you have, or how and in what order they were acquired.

Mouldsie
12-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Seems like you're basing your entire formula strictly on New England. Dallas is having a ton of success with elite OL, RB, and so so defense. Oakland has the QB and OL and Khalil Mack but not in your order, Seattle is all defense and above average QB only.
Dallas has 2 QB's that are both far superior to anyone we've had since Jim Kelly. Their OL/RB is exceptional however and filled with those BLUE CHIP talents I was talking about. The rest of your comment doesn't disagree with anything I've laid out?

ParanoidAndroid
12-21-2016, 05:29 PM
If we had Dallas' O-line and better luck at safety, we'd be 3 wins better right now.