PDA

View Full Version : Inevitable Whaley defense comes from Trapsso at BR

Mace
12-20-2016, 08:48 PM
Sort of had to figure it, I'm seeing Trapasso as a fanboi as opposed to Galliford's previous clinical approach.

I think the point he's missing is that you can carry as many of your draft picks as you want if they aren't any good and won't get rid of them. Assuming his premise of Whaley really beginning in 2014, we have 4 starters (mostly) of 20 picks. Darby, Watkins, P. Brown, and Miller.

Not sure the jury is in on Miller or Darby, so that leaves P. Brown and Watkins. Watkins being somewhat not redoubtable leaves P. Brown.

One proven reliable starter in 20 picks. If you're a Miller fan, I'm still not really certain about him, 2 in 20. Besides that, you have a bunch of questionable depth, guys that don't do much, guys that don't start and guys on IR.

When you look at the draft-pick groups that way, during Whaley’s time with the final say at the top of the Bills’ personnel department, he hasn’t been nearly as catastrophically behind the rest of the NFL as Graham concluded.

Ok Chris, you can look at it how you like.

But as Buffalo’s GM, he’s been comparable to his contemporaries when selecting players in the draft who stay on the roster.

Because he won't let go of them maybe ? Hello ?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/20/14023652/bills-doug-whaley-another-way-to-assess-the-roster-building-of-buffalo-bills-rex-ryan