• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

The Bills can still make the playoffs

According to this article in USA Today, here is how:

1) Win at home to the Dolphins and then on the road to the Jets, which’ll get its record to 9-7 (and 3-3 in the conference)

2) Have the Colts lose to either the Raiders or Jags in its final two games.

3) Have the Broncos lose to Oakland in its final game, or preferably both of its final two games.

4) Have the Titans lose to the Jags and the Texans.

5) Have the Ravens lose out against the Steelers and Bengals.

6)Beat the Dolphins (see point one) and hope it loses to the Pats in in the final week.

It’s a not a big one, or a good one even, but Bills fans, let it be known, there’s still a chance. Here are the current AFC playoff standings, via ESPN. As you can see, the Bills are 11…

Extremely unlikely...very, very unlikely.

Just thought I would post this, for those who wondered.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: The Bills can still make the playoffs

I could see each individual bullet point happening, some more likely than others, but still possible. I absolutely can not see all 6 of them happening.

Either way, it's good to know what we should be rooting for I guess.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

7) Grow an arm out of your ass

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

lol. even if we do make the playoffs as a 6 seed, we will just get run over by Leveon Bell in the wildcard week
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Here's the kicker. If the Bills win out we're 9-7 that's actually an improvement from last season. Granted expectations were higher and we didnt really beat anyone. But it is an improvement. It's also our second winning season in 3 years.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Here's the kicker. If the Bills win out we're 9-7 that's actually an improvement from last season. Granted expectations were higher and we didnt really beat anyone. But it is an improvement. It's also our second winning season in 3 years.
            AND, if they finish 8-8 or better, it's the first time in 20+ years that they've had back to back non-losing seasons.

PS--how pathetic is it that we are discussing this like it is an accomplishment?

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Can't remember who it was, and I don't remember the details from the specific season myself, but a former player that was with the Jets in Wrecks' first season there was on NFLN earlier this week and said NY was in a similar situation back then and Wryan flat-out told the team they weren't going to be able to make the playoffs. Then they did, and went to the championship game.

Stranger things have happened, but I'm certainly not counting on it.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                • Dec 2015

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  AND, if they finish 8-8 or better, it's the first time in 20+ years that they've had back to back non-losing seasons.

PS--how pathetic is it that we are discussing this like it is an accomplishment?
                  I just don't think it is.

It took two years to make the lost Marrone's barely 9-7 team....a barely 9-7 team if it happens. They've gone from 6-10 to 6-10 to 6-10, then 9-7 to 8-8 to 9-7 (maybe or 8-8) in 6 years. 6 years.

Last time we were 9-7 before this "progress", was 2004. If you take out the 4 win season and the 5 win season, there were 3 years of 7-9 and one more of 6-10.

So in the last 12 years, we've spent 10 of them in the 6-9 wins range.

It's progress in the sense rocking your car gains you a few inches when it's hopelessly stuck in the snow. Of course you lose them again, but then you get them back !

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Gotta love the annual Buffalo Bills Playoff Math:

"If the Bills win out and team A loses out and Team B loses to team C but beats team D and team C doesn't win out, then we'll be in!"
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

The Titans don't need to lose to the Jags, but either the Titans or the Texans need to lose this weekend and then lose again next week when they play each other. Ideally we want both the Texans and Titans to lose this weekend since it would make their week 17 matchup irrelevant.

The only things that have to happen this weekend for the Bills to stay alive going into the final week are:

1) Beat the Dolphins.
                      2) Steelers beat the Ravens in Pitt.
                      3) Either the Titans or Texans lose. Titans play at Jax and Texans host the Bengals.

I don't see much chance of the Titans losing since the Jags are garbage, but the Bengals beating the Texans seems reasonably feasible.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

I should probably include the Colts losing at Oakland this weekend since I don't think the Jags can beat anyone, but technically they'd still be alive.

And the Broncos/Chiefs game is irrelevant. The Broncos have to lose to Oakland no matter what. What happens against the Chiefs doesn't make a difference.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          I should probably include the Colts losing at Oakland this weekend since I don't think the Jags can beat anyone, but technically they'd still be alive.

And the Broncos/Chiefs game is irrelevant. The Broncos have to lose to Oakland no matter what. What happens against the Chiefs doesn't make a difference.
                          you know everything will fall into place perfectly except one important thing....

a bills victory.
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                            you know everything will fall into place perfectly except one important thing....

a bills victory.
                            Exactly. Miami knows they win and they're pretty much in...

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                              Exactly. Miami knows they win and they're pretty much in...
                              Funny thing is, I think we beat Miami and somehow lose to the Jets.

Comment

Working...
                              X