• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

All in

GMTM needs to go "all-in" at this point. If not he will gone in a year or two.

Here's how...

Samson Reinhart, 2017 1st round pick and a prospect... for Matt Duchene

ROR - Duchene - Okposo

sign Vanek in offseason

Kane - Eichel - Vanek
  • ICRockets
    Childish Fake Voter
    • Jul 2008

Re: All in

Isn't ROR our best faceoff guy? Why would we move him to wing?

I love the idea of a Kane/Eichel/Vanek line though. That sounds neat.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Because Duchene is second best in the league at it and the two of them had their best season when they played on a line together.

one last thing... pray Las Vegas takes Bogo and then use that money to sign Brian boyle to play 3rd line center between Foligno and Fasching. Drop Larson to 4th line center.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I don't want Vanek again.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          He just had an assist on Detroit's game tying goal and a goal in the shootout.

Comment

• snow1989
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
            Because Duchene is second best in the league at it and the two of them had their best season when they played on a line together.

one last thing... pray Las Vegas takes Bogo and then use that money to sign Brian boyle to play 3rd line center between Foligno and Fasching. Drop Larson to 4th line center.
            Reinhart, a 2017 first rounder and a prospect for Matt Duchene??? Not simply for the benefit of a few more face-off wins, No thanks!

Reinhart and Duchene are just about equal in points...no gains there. Equal in PP goals, no gain there. In fact, there's no gain anywhere except for face-offs.
            Reinhart gets $ 3 mil a yr.......Duchene gets $ 6 mil....3 million more a yr for a better face-off average??...must be cheaper options.

GMTM should be tarred and feathered if he made a deal like that....especially since Reinhart hasn't reached his full potential and our 2017 first rounder is likely to be mid-round (as things are going)

Vanek? No thanks to that either. Even the Minn announcers say his game has fallen off.

Only part I'd agree with is Las Vegas can take Bogo
            Last edited by snow1989; 12-24-2016, 01:17 AM.
            I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by snow1989 View Post
              Reinhart, a 2017 first rounder and a prospect for Matt Duchene??? Not simply for the benefit of a few more face-off wins, No thanks!

Reinhart and Duchene are just about equal in points...no gains there. Equal in PP goals, no gain there. In fact, there's no gain anywhere except for face-offs.
              Reinhart gets $ 3 mil a yr.......Duchene gets $ 6 mil....3 million more a yr for a better face-off average??...must be cheaper options.

GMTM should be tarred and feathered if he made a deal like that....especially since Reinhart hasn't reached his full potential and our 2017 first rounder is likely to be mid-round (as things are going)

Vanek? No thanks to that either. Even the Minn announcers say his game has fallen off.

Only part I'd agree with is Las Vegas can take Bogo
              in case you haven't noticed, the Sabres are a few spots from the bottom of the league and can't score goals.

whats your solution?

Comment

• snow1989
                • Sep 2003

in case you haven't noticed, the Sabres are a few spots from the bottom of the league and can't score goals.

whats your solution?
                Well which are you fixing? Your reply was Duchene because of his face-off stats....granted, winning more face-offs can lead to goals, I just don't see $ 3 mil a yr benefit...

As for scoring.....if Coach B stopped juggling lines all the time maybe the guys would get some chemistry. I understand the injury bug and having to sub guys in it happens to all teams at some point, but substitute for that guy and leave the rest of the lines alone.

Personally I'm for hacking some dead weight and letting the "kids" play and grow together. Dead weight being Grant, Deslauriers, Bogo, Gorges and if they can't return to previous forms Girgs and Ennis. Bring in Nylander, Guhle, Bailey and/or free agent/trade for a couple other pieces.
                I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by snow1989 View Post
                  Well which are you fixing? Your reply was Duchene because of his face-off stats....granted, winning more face-offs can lead to goals, I just don't see $ 3 mil a yr benefit...

As for scoring.....if Coach B stopped juggling lines all the time maybe the guys would get some chemistry. I understand the injury bug and having to sub guys in it happens to all teams at some point, but substitute for that guy and leave the rest of the lines alone.

Personally I'm for hacking some dead weight and letting the "kids" play and grow together. Dead weight being Grant, Deslauriers, Bogo, Gorges and if they can't return to previous forms Girgs and Ennis. Bring in Nylander, Guhle, Bailey and/or free agent/trade for a couple other pieces.
                  Bingo on the dead weight. But I do agree with coastal saying Murray needs to have the sabres so better now.

Here's where I do disagree with his plan. The first this June is looking like it'll be high again. I'd keep that or only move it for something big. A younger player. Samson, I still believe he's going to be a franchise cornerstone, but for the right price, I'd move him. I think a move is needed, badly, but not those pieces for that price.

But you are also right. Wayyyy too much dead weight on this team. At this point, the season looks lost and I'd rather the sabres start selling off dead weight (if they can) and let Bailey, Baptiste, even cat play in the show and see what they have. Girgs... He's got half a season to do something. Ennis too. When he returns.

And Murray needs to hire a GM for the Amerks. Now. Things are stagnanting down there and it's because he took on too much.

And disco Dan. I like him, but he's not coaching This team well. Changes are needed. Personal wise and player wise. I just don't know if that dramatic of a move is needed yet.

And Bogo. OMG please take him, Vegas. Free up that can space and roster spot. But not for guhle, let that kid ripen in Rochester. Nylander too. We see what's happening with his brother in toronto
                  Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 12-24-2016, 06:38 PM.
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

He just had an assist on Detroit's game tying goal and a goal in the shootout.
                    He's a brooding headcase. Plays hard when it suits him. Which wasn't often in Buffalo. No to Vanek.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      As a secondary scoring option, it isn't bad. Plus, shootouts. But I mean of he was brought back to be the guy again... No
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Absolutely not on Vanek
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Here's a list of potential ufas next summer.

The 2016 NHL free-agent period became a Target at midnight on the eve of Black Friday. People were waiting outside the doors for days, with the frenzy resulting in millions of dollars being spent on shiny big-ticket items...

I want hanzal.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• GreedoII
                            • Aug 2007

just fire Bylsma..he's the problem anyway

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I wouldn't do either move.

Trading Reinhart would be stupid. Signing Vanek would be even stupider.

Replace Reinhart with O'Reilly in your trade idea and I'm on board. O'Reilly is great on faceoffs, he's still young and brings some grit which should give him good trade value even though he's injured seemingly all the time, especially this year.

I'd hope the Knights take on Evander Kane instead of Bogo though and then draft Kristian Vesalainen. Then sign Jarome Iginla or Jaromir Jagr for vet leadership, teach the youngsters how to do things right at the NHL level and the fact both have Cup experience. One of these moves would replace Kane offensively and bring in a better attitude to the locker room.

On D I'd take a look at bringing in Shattenkirk to shore up the blue line. Maybe you can make a deal by the deadline to bring him to give you a longer look and the first opportunity at signing him.

And I'd fire Bylsma and Murray. Bylsma could be fired tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍