PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Lynn on Rams HC List

DraftBoy
12-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Per B/R Report.

Other names mentioned are Kyle Shanahan, Josh McDaniel, Vance Joseph, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin, and some odd rumor about Ron Rivera.

Jaybird
12-24-2016, 08:40 AM
I'm sure he;s on the bills list as well

Novacane
12-24-2016, 08:59 AM
They can have him

feldspar
12-24-2016, 09:05 AM
I'd rather keep Rex Ryan than go with Anthony Lynn as the next Bills coach.

Just my opinion...

casdhf
12-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Only black guy on their list

djjimkelly
12-24-2016, 12:00 PM

was just about to say hes this years rooney rule guy

coastal
12-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Why keep a guy who produces?

justasportsfan
12-24-2016, 01:08 PM
4th and 1. Bills have Tyrod and Shady. They cant get 1 yard vs. the bottom D .

Rams can have him

DraftBoy
12-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Psst...Vance Joseph...

streetkings01
12-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Lynn has a problem with calling gimmick plays at the wrong time.

DraftBoy
12-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Lynn has a problem with calling gimmick plays at the wrong time.

I didn't like that call either, but his play call all game long was on point. This offense just shredded the Dolphins defense.

WagonCircler
12-24-2016, 08:15 PM
This will be such a ****ing Bills move. Hire a nobody who's never even been a coordinator. Then give him a few years of failing, you know, for continuity. Whaley and Brandon controlling everything, especially Lynn.

**** this organization.

Turf
12-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Lynn can go as well. Time to clean house. If Lynn becomes head coach expect more of the same with no new direction.

Mace
12-24-2016, 08:50 PM
I didn't like that call either, but his play call all game long was on point. This offense just shredded the Dolphins defense.

For once in a blue moon. He's shown more creativity than Roman, but what does he really bring to the table as an HC ? Running game and Tyrod.

Mouldsie
12-25-2016, 12:51 AM
I like Lynn and could see him being a successful HC but having worked for Rex most of his life is he really the answer to our organizational failings? It's obviously going to take more than a coaching change but I just don't know if hes a fit for what we need accomplished right now. We need a whole new football department for the next coach to thrive regardless.

Jimkelly12203
12-25-2016, 01:13 AM
This will be such a ****ing Bills move. Hire a nobody who's never even been a coordinator. Then give him a few years of failing, you know, for continuity. Whaley and Brandon controlling everything, especially Lynn.

**** this organization.

yeah. i couldnt have said it better. Even if Lynn is the next bill parcels we'd never know it. the ****ty GM and sleazy business man have control. So we get the same crap next year.

Someday Pegs will wake up. Sadly we're going to have to wait for that to happen.

kishoph
12-25-2016, 05:43 AM
If the front office that just fired Jeff Fischer 1 week after giving him a new contract is interested in Lynn, that's a red flag for me. Let the Rams have him.

sudzy
12-25-2016, 05:46 AM
Hey, he's the new Jerry Grey.... How did Jerry ever make out as a HC?

swiper
12-25-2016, 06:08 AM
The Bills should get rid of everyone except McCoy and start over, building around him.

And why isn't Eric Mangini ever mentioned in these coaching rumors? He's probably better than any of those listed in the OP.

sudzy
12-25-2016, 06:53 AM
I think with McCoy on the team, we don't realize how bad of a coach Lynn really is. They call a lot of straight forward run plays and that's a no brainer. Get the ball in McCoy's (and Gillislee) hands and they are just that good. It's the plays that they don't do that (like the Bush play) that Lynn is exposed. How bad would this offense be if it didn't have McCoy?

DraftBoy
12-25-2016, 08:17 AM
For once in a blue moon. He's shown more creativity than Roman, but what does he really bring to the table as an HC ? Running game and Tyrod.

I think there are a few other factors he's shown that should be mentioned. He clearly earned the respect of the offensive team and got them to put up some of their best games from a production standpoint. His game plans have been more succinct and capitalized on strengths rather than trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

That being said I'm not sold on him as the HC option, but I'll give him a shot if he's the choice.

DraftBoy
12-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Hey, he's the new Jerry Grey.... How did Jerry ever make out as a HC?

Undefeated!

DraftBoy
12-25-2016, 08:22 AM
The Bills should get rid of everyone except McCoy and start over, building around him.

And why isn't Eric Mangini ever mentioned in these coaching rumors? He's probably better than any of those listed in the OP.

Because he's kind of an ******* who got himself run out of the league and essentially black balled.

cookie G
12-25-2016, 10:59 AM
Why keep a guy who produces?

I hate offenses that actually score points.

Luisito23
12-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Lynn is being looked at as if he was just another one of Rex's useless idiots, when in reality he has put in a lot of years of work and has completely turned this offense around...

I'm willing to give him a chance as HC if that's what they decide to do, but it's unfair to look at him as just a carried over crony.

streetkings01
12-25-2016, 12:03 PM
Hopefully Coughlin keeps Lynn as OC and grooms him to be the HC in 3-4 years.

Mace
12-25-2016, 12:13 PM
I think there are a few other factors he's shown that should be mentioned. He clearly earned the respect of the offensive team and got them to put up some of their best games from a production standpoint. His game plans have been more succinct and capitalized on strengths rather than trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

That being said I'm not sold on him as the HC option, but I'll give him a shot if he's the choice.

I'd be more inclined if he'd get Wildcat Lee, Chris Palmer, Reggie Bush, and Percy Harvin out of here. In the case of the coaches, the poorly timed gimmick plays have woeful QB coach Lee's stamp all over them and it's time to replace Palmer with someone younger and more in tune with the modern game, imho.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-25-2016, 01:17 PM
I'd be more inclined if he'd get Wildcat Lee, Chris Palmer, Reggie Bush, and Percy Harvin out of here. In the case of the coaches, the poorly timed gimmick plays have woeful QB coach Lee's stamp all over them and it's time to replace Palmer with someone younger and more in tune with the modern game, imho.
We don't know what kind of staff he'll build up. He has no say in the coaching staff we have let alone the fact he was thrust into the OC job in season.

Mace
12-25-2016, 04:22 PM
We don't know what kind of staff he'll build up. He has no say in the coaching staff we have let alone the fact he was thrust into the OC job in season.

That's the whole point though. You can't pretend what staff he'd build or accept. Awful big risk there assuming his choices are the ones you'd agree with.

Sure he was thrust into the OC job, he's always been less. So Lynn as HC is a a bigger airball than a guy with demonstrated history.

DraftBoy
12-25-2016, 05:45 PM

Agreed on all accounts. As I said in another thread, I'm open to Lynn but not if he intends to keep the staff primarily the same on either side of the ball.

Jaybird
12-25-2016, 06:28 PM
i like lynn, but very disappointed with his play calling in the red zone. The fins new what was coming with the read option, and the reverse to Bush was a pathetic call. Not to mention Sammy was 1on1 on every down.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-25-2016, 07:19 PM
I want a head coach who can step back and manage the whole team, not specialize in one area. In game management is the other area I'm high on. Belichick was a defensive genius, but you can tell he has evolved into a whole team manager, not just a defensive heavy sided head coach once he got to NE. Many these coordinators turned to HCs never took that step, including Rex, in my opinion.

The key thing is finding good people and entrusting them to do the work. In Bills case, it's not surprise to me that when an offensive guy like Marrone came in, it's the defense that rose to the top, probably because he let Pettine and Schwarz do their job. With Rex here, it is the offense taking big steps forward because he let Roman and Lynn do their job. As a somewhat outsider looking in, he made a correct decision to replace Roman with Lynn. But as in insider knee deep in his "Ryan" defense, he could not see what was wrong or could not find the right answers.

Mike13
12-25-2016, 08:02 PM

Psst...Vance Joseph...

Seriously guys? They showed VJ on the sidelines a few times.