PDA

View Full Version : The Bills in Historical Perspective

K-Gun
12-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Merry ****ing Christmas.

In 57 years of existence, the Buffalo Bills have made the playoff's just 17 times. 17, that's about to be the number of years it has been since making a playoff appearance.

Only 3 head coaches in history have winning records, Lou Saban, Marv Levy and Chuck Knox, who was just 1 game over .500 for his career.

Out of the 18 head coaches the Bills have had, only 4 have ever gone to the playoffs. (One of the 4, Joe Collier, went just once.) 12 out of 18 head coaches never made the playoff's.

In 57 years, the franchise has a total of 407 wins. In his 16 year playing career, Tom ****ing Brady has 204 wins, so far this season.

40 seasons with no playoffs, 17 in a row now.

Just wanted to bring the Christmas cheer. Bah humbug Bills fans.

Historian
12-24-2016, 08:51 PM
Only 3 head coaches in history have winning records, Lou Saban, Marv Levy and Chuck Knox, who was just 1 game over .500 for his career.

Four.

You forgot Wade.

But your point is well taken.

sudzy
12-25-2016, 06:00 AM
If Collier made the playoffs, doesn't that mean that five head coaches made it? Saban was a 2x AFL Champion, Knox made it in '80 and '81, Marv and Wade only misses the playoffs once and we fired him. (Sigh) How the last 17 years have made me appreciate the verbally challenged Wade Phillips. But, like Historian said, your point is well taken. The Bills suck at finding HCs. I have no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

swiper
12-25-2016, 06:04 AM
And most of it with a single owner. A guy who is cherished in the eyes of the NFL for all the money he coaxed out of the pockets of hard-working Buffalonians. Now we're out with the old and in with the new, but as the Who said...

new boss, same as the old boss (https://youtu.be/NIHJ9RMAVGI)

Don't be fooled again.

sudzy
12-25-2016, 06:11 AM
And most of it with a single owner. A guy who is cherished in the eyes of the NFL for all the money he coaxed out of the pockets of hard-working Buffalonians. Now we're out with the old and in with the new, but as the Who said...

new boss, same as the old boss (https://youtu.be/NIHJ9RMAVGI)

Don't be fooled again.

The fans of the Bills were so concerned that a new owner would move the team that they didn't care if he was any good. Year 18, here we come. Our drought will be able to vote.

K-Gun
12-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Four.

You forgot Wade.

But your point is well taken.

Wow, yeah. I must have blocked that out of my memory.

Good thing we fired Wade Phillips. He probably would have done some un-Bills like, like drafting Aaron Rogers instead of going all in on JP Losman...

Maybe we need a coach and a GM who know how to spot and develop a QB with the potential to win in this league?

OpIv37
12-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Wow, yeah. I must have blocked that out of my memory.

Good thing we fired Wade Phillips. He probably would have done some un-Bills like, like drafting Aaron Rogers instead of going all in on JP Losman...

Maybe we need a coach and a GM who know how to spot and develop a QB with the potential to win in this league?
I remember wanting Wade gone and being happy when he got fired. That turned out to be one of the dumber moves by team that made a ton of bad moves.

Historian
12-25-2016, 10:35 AM
I remember wanting Wade gone and being happy when he got fired. That turned out to be one of the dumber moves by team that made a ton of bad moves.

Compounded with Wilson trying to say he didn't need to pay him, believe is part of the reason this has become football hell.

Historian
12-25-2016, 10:38 AM
If Collier made the playoffs, doesn't that mean that five head coaches made it?

Overall Collier was 13-16-1, with one winning season.

sudzy
12-26-2016, 07:10 AM
Overall Collier was 13-16-1, with one winning season.

Yes, thank you for that. But, he did make the playoffs in 1966. So back to the point I was trying to make, 5 coaches have made the playoff, not 4 like K-gun said. Saban, Collier, Knox, Marv and Wade.