PDA

View Full Version : Whaley is the issue. Anthony Lynn stinks.

HHURRICANE
12-26-2016, 08:30 AM
First off, did anyone forget the fight between Whaley and Marrone? Had Marrone not lost his **** over EJ we would have never gone out and got Kyle Orton. Whaley is the same guy who defends every bad pick and quite frankly he has plenty of them. McCoy is the best player and we traded for him. Whaley's job is to build the roster through the draft. Don't care if they get sick, Henderson, take drugs, Karlos and Dareus, or get injured, Ragland, Listenbee, and Lawson. If they aren't on the field performing then you, my friend, drafted the wrong guys.

As for Lynn, I watched plenty of stupid play calls with an oline that is first in allowing the QB time to throw the ball. Sorry but Gillese lining up for a direct snap is stupid. Even dumber is we probably win the game most likely if not for the Reggie Bush trick running play that gave Carpenter a longer kick. Pretty sure Rex didn't call that play. I'm fine with firing Rex if that's the way we are going but if we are replacing him with Lynn then we might as well talk in two years.

trapezeus
12-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Rex also hasn't gotten along with two gms in a row.

I just want brandon fired. Whaley and Rex have failed and we should move on from both, but if you don't change the operations, whoever signs next, will fail again

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Rex got every player he wanted... Taylor, Harvin, jawbreaker. He's had, what I consider to be, a playoff roster (thanks to Whaley). His D units haven't been able to stop a tortoise from gaining 100 yards for 2 years. It's Rex my friend.

Fixxxer
12-26-2016, 09:48 AM
In 2014 this roster produced the 4th best defense in points allowed. This tells me that when well coached this roster is good enough.

In 2016 this roster produced the 7th best offense in points scored. This tells me that when well coached this roster is good enough.

Conclusion, get good coaching on both sides of the football (at the same time) and get a consistent kicker, good results will follow.

WagonCircler
12-26-2016, 09:54 AM
First off, did anyone forget the fight between Whaley and Marrone? Had Marrone not lost his **** over EJ we would have never gone out and got Kyle Orton. Whaley is the same guy who defends every bad pick and quite frankly he has plenty of them. McCoy is the best player and we traded for him. Whaley's job is to build the roster through the draft. Don't care if they get sick, Henderson, take drugs, Karlos and Dareus, or get injured, Ragland, Listenbee, and Lawson. If they aren't on the field performing then you, my friend, drafted the wrong guys.

As for Lynn, I watched plenty of stupid play calls with an oline that is first in allowing the QB time to throw the ball. Sorry but Gillese lining up for a direct snap is stupid. Even dumber is we probably win the game most likely if not for the Reggie Bush trick running play that gave Carpenter a longer kick. Pretty sure Rex didn't call that play. I'm fine with firing Rex if that's the way we are going but if we are replacing him with Lynn then we might as well talk in two years.

Spot on. The problem is, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Just like during the Ralph years, the Bills are run by office politics, rather than any kind of expertise or vision. Ralph routinely fired successful but volatile football men for petty, personal reasons, preferring to lose with people with whom he was more personal comfortable. He alienated Lou Saban to the point where he left twice. He alienated John Butler, who also left. He fired Hall of Famer Bill Polian, not only the greatest GM in Bills history, but possibly in NFL history. He hired and promoted cronies like liquor distributor Pat McGroder and ticket sales clerk Russ Brandon to GM, Team President and CEO.

Sadly, Terry Pegula is following directly in Ralph's footsteps, giving talentless cronies infinite passes for horrendous screw-ups, allowing them to blame others, whom THEY HIRED for the organization's failures.

This is an organization where the buck stops nowhere. It's in perpetual orbit, circling the suck, rather than the wagons.

WagonCircler
12-26-2016, 09:55 AM

And Whaley has gotten along with two HC's in a row?

The Beef
12-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Lynn has had some questionable calls, but he's been more bad than good. He calls a good game and is limited by what Tyrod can do.

He took feedback from Shady and lined him up further in the backfield where Shady prefers because he can use his vision to see plays open up.

I am all for an OC who plays to his players strength.

He had some outstanding calls in that Miam game.

The triple go route on the Sammy TD, thr curl to Clay for the TD. Credit he and Tyrod they both had play calls into the end zone that should've lead to pass interference calls. The Flea Flicker too Woods was perfectly timed. Shady killed it all year, Clay has shown why he was worth that contract the last 3 weeks.

There were a couple times he got too cute, but he was the best coach on the staff this year.

I don't want Lynn as the head coach if Rex is gone, but if Rex is back I'm intrigued to what Lynn can do with a full offseason of installing his system.

djjimkelly
12-26-2016, 10:08 AM
i agree lynn sucks

sudzy
12-26-2016, 10:23 AM

I just want brandon fired. Whaley and Rex have failed and we should move on from both, but if you don't change the operations, whoever signs next, will fail again

Yes, yes, yes! After 16 years of replacing crap with more crap. Does anyone truly believe the current Bills administration (which Russ has been at the top of for 10 years) is suddenly going to be able to find someone good at either GM or HC?

Jimkelly12203
12-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Whaley is a joke. He excells only at kissing ass and making it look like others are at fault for this organizations historic run of ineptitude. Brandon is no better. he sells hope to the eternally hopefull and acts like it was some great job.

Screw both of these clowns. They're in over their heads. They aren't up to the level as NFL executives.

And our very nice, narcoleptic owner doesn't have a freaking clue. They've got him hook line and sinker.

Get ready for at least another year or tow of this chit before Pegs finally comes to his senses.

Thurmal
12-27-2016, 09:28 AM
The play-calling by Lynn late in regulation and in OT was amongst the most cowardly I've ever seen. I know your QB sucks, but you can't just run the ball every single play and think that defenses won't get wise to it.