PDA

View Full Version : Mike Waufle and Anthony Lynn

Cali512
12-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Mike Waufle has quite a resume. Coaching Oakland during the Sapp years, coaching the Giants DL during the strahan years, and now coaching Aaron Donald and that great DL. This guy has paid his dues and deserves a defense of his own. By the teams he's coached, he would make a change to a 4-3, which I welcome. I feel like 80% of our D is more suited in that defense anyways. But we would then have to decide between Preston and Rags, due to both only being able to play MLB. Every other position would be intact and have our best players at there best positions.

Anthony Lynn has done enough for me to want to carry over this offense with a young QB to sit behind Tyrod. Lynn has had a hand me down playbook and executed it better than the creator. Lynn deserves to be here as at the very least as our OC. I always think we need to allow Tyrod to be loose with the football. It's absolutely incredible to me that we can dominate in the turnover battle every game, yet our D can't make any stops. This offense is conservative, never puts this D in bad situations, and yet somehow they give up 20-25 points a game. After the whole Schwartz to Ryan fiasco, we need to keep the strengths in tact this time. Which is our O.

DraftBoy
12-27-2016, 06:13 AM
Mike Waufle has quite a resume. Coaching Oakland during the Sapp years, coaching the Giants DL during the strahan years, and now coaching Aaron Donald and that great DL. This guy has paid his dues and deserves a defense of his own. By the teams he's coached, he would make a change to a 4-3, which I welcome. I feel like 80% of our D is more suited in that defense anyways. But we would then have to decide between Preston and Rags, due to both only being able to play MLB. Every other position would be intact and have our best players at there best positions.

Anthony Lynn has done enough for me to want to carry over this offense with a young QB to sit behind Tyrod. Lynn has had a hand me down playbook and executed it better than the creator. Lynn deserves to be here as at the very least as our OC. I always think we need to allow Tyrod to be loose with the football. It's absolutely incredible to me that we can dominate in the turnover battle every game, yet our D can't make any stops. This offense is conservative, never puts this D in bad situations, and yet somehow they give up 20-25 points a game. After the whole Schwartz to Ryan fiasco, we need to keep the strengths in tact this time. Which is our O.

Brown could play WLB due to his athleticism and coverage skills.

A 4-3 Bills D as of today would be:
DE - Lawson
DT - K. Williams
DT - Dareus
DE - Hughes
WLB - Brown
MLB - Ragland
SLB - Alexander
CB - Gilmore
CB - Darby
FS - Graham
SS - A. Wiliams

Key reserves would be Washington, Z. Brown, Douzable, Robey-Coleman,

Ed
12-27-2016, 09:32 AM
I think I would rather re-sign Zach Brown to play WLB and let Preston walk after next season or trade him. I think Zach is the better LB between the two.

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 10:47 AM
I think I would rather re-sign Zach Brown to play WLB and let Preston walk after next season or trade him. I think Zach is the better LB between the two.

I hate to say but Zach kinda disappeared as the year went on. Granted Preston looked bad late in the year too. In terms of the two it's a toss up and may stick with Preston to use the cap space elsewhere in either finding some help at S or RT.

EDS
12-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Brown could play WLB due to his athleticism and coverage skills.

A 4-3 Bills D as of today would be:
DE - Lawson
DT - K. Williams
DT - Dareus
DE - Hughes
WLB - Brown
MLB - Ragland
SLB - Alexander
CB - Gilmore
CB - Darby
FS - Graham
SS - A. Wiliams

Key reserves would be Washington, Z. Brown, Douzable, Robey-Coleman,

I am unimpressed by Preston Brown's athleticism and coverage skills. No way I would want him on the outside.

Cali512
12-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Anyone think Cleveland would be wiling to trade us Hadan for Preston and a 4th?

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Anyone think Cleveland would be wiling to trade us Hadan for Preston and a 4th?

Hayden hasn't been good the last two seasons. No, thanks I'd rather re-sign Gilmore.

Ed
12-27-2016, 01:26 PM
I hate to say but Zach kinda disappeared as the year went on. Granted Preston looked bad late in the year too. In terms of the two it's a toss up and may stick with Preston to use the cap space elsewhere in either finding some help at S or RT.
I guess it really depends on what kind of contract Zach Brown is looking at. The more I think about it, the more I feel it's probably not worth it to invest a significant amount in Zach if there's not that much drop off to Preston and you still have him cheap for one more year. Plus, finding decent LBs seems to be a strength for Whaley.

Cali512
12-27-2016, 01:32 PM
I guess it really depends on what kind of contract Zach Brown is looking at. The more I think about it, the more I feel it's probably not worth it to invest a significant amount in Zach if there's not that much drop off to Preston and you still have him cheap for one more year. Plus, finding decent LBs seems to be a strength for Whaley.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on our D. If we run a 3-4 we can make room for all 3. If we run a 4-3, Preston or Rags are out