Finally!

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Bills fire Rex Ryan ahead of regular-season finale
http://www.thescore.com/news/1193303
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Mahdi
12-27-2016, 10:51 AM
To me that would mean they want Lynn as HC.

Hopefully.....

djjimkelly
12-27-2016, 10:53 AM
on espn

- - - Updated - - -

good tyrod can join them

chris66
12-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Guess Brandon told Pegs there is no way he will be able to market this team if Rex is still hc for next season

Turf
12-27-2016, 10:55 AM
To do it before the last game tells me they have someone they can't wait for, and it isn't Lynn. Probably Coughlin.

Don't Panic
12-27-2016, 10:56 AM
Tyrod's most likely not going anywhere. Lynn as HC... we'll see who he can get as DC.

Jimkelly12203
12-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Looks like Doug and Russ have once again saved their incompetent asses by convincing ownership that someone else is to blame. At what point will Pegs wake the hell up?

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully.....

Yeah what a great move. We're going to the Superbowl now.

This franchise is a freaking joke!

WagonCircler
12-27-2016, 10:58 AM
If Lynn is retained as HC, I won't even watch a Bills game next year.

He's a total puppet, controlled by Brandon and Whaley.

He has never accomplished a God damned thing in this league.

- - - Updated - - -

To do it before the last game tells me they have someone they can't wait for, and it isn't Lynn. Probably Coughlin.

I hope you're right. Otherwise, we're fuct.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:00 AM
The ***** is half dead.

Mario Williams is laughing.

The Jokeman

Hopefully.....

The only issue I have with Lynn is he used Roman's playbook so if we name a new OC what would the offense look like? Unless we keep Chris Palmer to be OC. Yet that worries me too as there are a lot of Rex's staff I want out of here and not sure Lynn do that. I know I'm in the minority but I like Kyle Shanahan as he's shown he can develop an offense around RG III and Matt Ryan whom are total opposites when it comes to skill sets at QB. Of course either one need to bring in a strong 43 base DC.

Thurmal
Tyrod's most likely not going anywhere. Lynn as HC... we'll see who he can get as DC.
Tyrod is gone. Not going to pay a QB $27 million to run Navy's offense. Anyone can sit back there and take a bunch of bad sacks in between throwing uncatchable passes.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:01 AM

Hopefully.....

Wrong again idiot.

EDS
12-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Meaningless unless Whaley is fired also and new GM has full power to clean house and hire a coach.

swiper
B/R Alert just confirmed.

Lynn named Interim HC.

I guess Dennis Thurman is still running the defense?

Thurmal
Lynn's play-calling during the 4th quarter and OT last week proves that he shouldn't be anywhere near the HC position.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:03 AM
I hope you're right. Otherwise, we're fuct.

They might let Coughlin act as coach AND GM.

stuckincincy
12-27-2016, 11:06 AM
"Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night...and the calliope crashed to the ground." :kid:

If Rex, Russ, and Doug were dogs...take your pick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9R-Wrpd8w8

djjimkelly
12-27-2016, 11:06 AM
Tyrod is gone. Not going to pay a QB $27 million to run Navy's offense. Anyone can sit back there and take a bunch of bad sacks in between throwing uncatchable passes.

navy's offense i love that

Mace
12-27-2016, 11:07 AM
I hope Kim said the words, and then made a shooing motion, smiling brightly.

"Go on ! Shoo shoo !!"

trapezeus
12-27-2016, 11:09 AM
no super bowl winning coach has won with a second team. coughlin may not be the answer. if he getes the gig, I'm rooting for him to succeed. A Lynn has put up points even though the offense isn not consistent. it is telling when you see the film that players are open. so design wise,he may be getting it done and TTisn't seeing it. I'd much rather cut Brandon and whaley and given who ever make the decision a chance at what he/she picks. I'm less interested to see the inner circle try to spin this like they finally got rid of some problem that they themselves didn't create.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Mace. Orientals don't like blubber on anything but seals.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 11:10 AM
Thank GOD!!!!

The Anthony Lynn era begins for the next 2 years.

Whaley survives and heads the HC search.

Until the DP hires a true NFL executive to run this thing the circus continues.

OpIv37
12-27-2016, 11:10 AM
Ah, accountability Buffalo Bills style. They fire the terrible coach but not the GM or president who hired him in the first place.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:11 AM
no super bowl winning coach has won with a second team. coughlin may not be the answer. if he getes the gig, I'm rooting for him to succeed. A Lynn has put up points even though the offense isn not consistent. it is telling when you see the film that players are open. so design wise,he may be getting it done and TTisn't seeing it. I'd much rather cut Brandon and whaley and given who ever make the decision a chance at what he/she picks. I'm less interested to see the inner circle try to spin this like they finally got rid of some problem that they themselves didn't create.

I don't have total faith that he'd work either, but to me it's a step in the right direction. The non-disciplinarian coaches (Wade Philips & Ryan) have been nightmares in Buffalo.

Jimkelly12203
12-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Please god! There's gotta be a young up and comer in the Coughlin wing of the Parcels coaching tree that can take over for him after a few years. Let the man right this ship, promote his successor and then take over long-term as GM/President of the team.

We've got to get rid of Russ and Doug or nothing changes.

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 11:12 AM

Which is a major Marv Levy as GM big mistake. As Coughlin has never had personnel responsibilities in any of his previous NFL stops.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Mace. Orientals don't like blubber on anything but seals.

Inuits are not Asians.

Inuits eat seal and whale blubber.

Asians work in rub & tugs and give Happy Endings.

BIG difference.

swiper
Which is a major Marv Levy as GM big mistake. As Coughlin has never had personnel responsibilities in any of his previous NFL stops.

The Jags are talking to him about it also.

DraftBoy
Vic Carruci reports that by all indications Doug Whaley will remain the GM.

swiper
Inuits are not Asians.

Inuits eat seal and whale blubber.

Asians work in rub & tugs and give Happy Endings.

BIG difference.

I guess it takes an obnoxious jew to properly parse that out.

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Ah, accountability Buffalo Bills style. They fire the terrible coach but not the GM or president who hired him in the first place.

Whaley never hired Rex to begin with. He might have a say in it yet ultimately the Pegulas were the ones that picked him.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Please god! There's gotta be a young up and comer in the Coughlin wing of the Parcels coaching tree that can take over for him after a few years. Let the man right this ship, promote his successor and then take over long-term as GM/President of the team.

We've got to get rid of Russ and Doug or nothing changes.

Clue: watch Spagnola. He may not have done too well at his first HC gig, but man, he has turned around the Giants defense in short order. He will probably be much better when he gets a second chance at head coaching.

And don't forget about Jim Haslett. He's out there too.

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 11:17 AM
The Jags are talking to him about it also.

And Lord knows the Jags next to Cleveland might be the 2nd worse run organization in the NFL.

Mahdi
The only issue I have with Lynn is he used Roman's playbook so if we name a new OC what would the offense look like? Unless we keep Chris Palmer to be OC. Yet that worries me too as there are a lot of Rex's staff I want out of here and not sure Lynn do that. I know I'm in the minority but I like Kyle Shanahan as he's shown he can develop an offense around RG III and Matt Ryan whom are total opposites when it comes to skill sets at QB. Of course either one need to bring in a strong 43 base DC.

I don't think the playbook has been the same.

You can see clear differences in the offense since Lynn took over.

ghz in pittsburgh

I don't think Rex was on list of potential HCs Whaley gave the Pegulas. By all accounts, Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. All is set on Jackson until Pegulas met Rex and called him back the 2nd time.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:19 AM

Black GM going to announce black head coach (Lynn) before announcing that he is keeping current black QB.

Just telling you what's going to happen.

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Clue: watch Spagnola. He may not have done too well at his first HC gig, but man, he has turned around the Giants defense in short order. He will probably be much better when he gets a second chance at head coaching.

And don't forget about Jim Haslett. He's out there too.

Jim Haslett? What has he done to warrant HC talk?

Mahdi
12-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Lynn's play-calling during the 4th quarter and OT last week proves that he shouldn't be anywhere near the HC position.

I remember one bad play call, reverse to Bush... terrible call but the rest of the game was excellent.

Tyrod has taken steps forward and we saw what it's like to have all our offensive play makers on the field at once and healthy.

swiper
12-27-2016, 11:23 AM
And Lord knows the Jags next to Cleveland might be the 2nd worse run organization in the NFL.
Wrong Sally.

The Jags might beat out the Bills for Coughlin's services if you believe what everyone is saying. They pointed out on WFAN this morning about how stacked that Jag roster is. They have WRs, a potential at QB and several very good defenders. It's success waiting to happen for the right coach. And Coughlin knows it. They have to get the QB to cut down his INTs and fill in just a couple holes and away they go.

- - - Updated - - -

He has head coaching experience? He can run a defense? Do you actually watch football?

TacklingDummy
12-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Scapegoat...another head coach gets the axe for having a coach killing Quarterback.

Lynns up next.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

17 years and counting.

Thurmal
12-27-2016, 11:25 AM
What's got lost in all the Rex news this year is the very real possibility that Whaley had an absolutely horrific draft. None of those picks did a damn thing all year, unless you count a couple of coverage sacks by Lawson as significant.

The Jokeman
I remember one bad play call, reverse to Bush... terrible call but the rest of the game was excellent.

Tyrod has taken steps forward and we saw what it's like to have all our offensive play makers on the field at once and healthy.

Tyrod played a career game against the Dolphins yes but on the whole I can't say he progressed this year he's been similar to last year. The biggest reason our offense been better this year is Shady's been healthier.

Historian
I wonder if he reinstalls his lapband.

Or buys one for his brother.

TacklingDummy
12-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Played for the Bills and is white?

MDFINFAN
12-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Black GM going to announce black head coach (Lynn) before announcing that he is keeping current black QB.

Just telling you what's going to happen.

What does color have to do with it?

The Jokeman
12-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Blake Bottles was a major reach when they took him. Allen Robinson a good WR yes. In terms of Haslett, he hasn't been relevant in the NFL years. Hell I had to Google to see where he was coaching as lost track of him since he left the Saints and discovered he's the friggen LB coach of the Bengals.

bleve
12-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Oh well, I guess there's no chance of winning back-to-back off-season's

justasportsfan
12-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Looks like Doug and Russ have once again saved their incompetent asses by convincing ownership that someone else is to blame. At what point will Pegs wake the hell up?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah what a great move. We're going to the Superbowl now.

This franchise is a freaking joke!

its Rexs fault the team quit playing. No one elses

feldspar
12-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Rex strikes me as a nice enough fella in the end, so I feel bad for him as far as that goes. He's got millions of free money, so there is that. No need for pity, really then.

But if they hire Lynn as the Head Coach next, I may not even bother next year. That can't happen.

DraftBoy
12-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Jeff Darlington of NFLN is reporting that most of the Bills players found out about the Rex Ryan firing as we did, via Twitter.

DraftBoy
12-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Carucci further reports that it was Whaley who convinced Pegula to fire Ryan and replace him with Lynn.

Rapoport adds that Whaley will lead the search for a new Head Coach.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Rex strikes me as a nice enough fella in the end, so I feel bad for him as far as that goes. He's got millions of free money, so there is that. No need for pity, really then.

$16.5M to be exact.

feldspar
12-27-2016, 11:59 AM
$16.5M to be exact.

If I told you what I'd do for that in one shot, you may not believe me...

Getting fired would be the best way to get that money in my book, trust me...

WagonCircler
12-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Carucci further reports that it was Whaley who convinced Pegula to fire Ryan and replace him with Lynn.

And with that, I became a former Bills fan.

djjimkelly
12-27-2016, 12:05 PM

this news all but guarantees no tyrod in 2017

Mr. Pink
12-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Good riddance.

All of this should have been done after the Raider game.

coastal
12-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Russ Brandon... winning!

Forward_Lateral
12-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Rex had my support until what happened Sunday. No NFL Head Coach should allow 10 men to be on the field in OT. It's inexcusable. He's so disorganized it's not funny. Carruci said on NFL Network that he had 27 assistant coaches. 27. Not one could've told him Gilmore wasn't available?

Good riddance to Rex, and hello to starting the same cycle of mediocrity for another 3-4 years.

swiper
12-27-2016, 01:01 PM
What does color have to do with it?

Not a thing. Or everything.

justasportsfan
12-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Scapegoat...another head coach gets the axe for having a coach killing Quarterback.

Lynns up next.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

17 years and counting.

Uh, kinda like Rex made Henderson his scapegoat so he could bring in his brother?
Tyrod is Rex's chosen one. Rex's got killed by his choice then.

swiper
12-27-2016, 01:10 PM
I love the TWITTER talk opining that Rex will end up as some teams DC. Really? How stupid would that be? He systematically tore down a #4 defense in the league in short order.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Hopefully, they let Whaley pick his own coach for once.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 02:00 PM
I love the TWITTER talk opining that Rex will end up as some teams DC. Really? How stupid would that be? He systematically tore down a #4 defense in the league in short order.

Rex will NEVER coach in the NFL again.

Either he becomes a TV personality or a college coach.

tomz
12-27-2016, 02:30 PM
What's got lost in all the Rex news this year is the very real possibility that Whaley had an absolutely horrific draft. None of those picks did a damn thing all year, unless you count a couple of coverage sacks by Lawson as significant.
I think Adolphus W. was solid and Kevon Seymour also contributed, outside of the injured 1st, 2nd and 6th rounders and the project QB. So I guess I disagree.

Novacane
12-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Guess Brandon told Pegs there is no way he will be able to market this team if Rex is still hc for next season

That would mean Brandon was finally right about something!

ghz in pittsburgh
12-27-2016, 02:47 PM
I think Adolphus W. was solid and Kevon Seymour also contributed, outside of the injured 1st, 2nd and 6th rounders and the project QB. So I guess I disagree.

Adolphus Washington is terrible at stopping the run this year - fairly consistent with his play in Ohio St. I think he might be better to play Kyle Williams' role in 4-3 - penetrate to the back field to disrupt instead of holding the edge in 3-4.

I'm seeing a 4-3 defense change coming with the current personnel on D.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Rex and Tyrod are merely symptoms of the disease. It's fine to treat the symptoms but you need to treat the underlying cause of the disease itself... Russ ****ing Brandon.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Rex and Tyrod are merely symptoms of the disease. It's fine to treat the symptoms but you need to treat the underlying cause of the disease itself... Russ ****ing Brandon.

Russ is still selling minor league tickets in Rochester if we did not have two successive idiots for owners.

Zoneblitser
12-27-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm reading else where that Tyrod is benched for week 17 and EJ gets the start.
It certainly sounds like the puppet master Doug W.
Is pulling the interim HC strings.
It's the only way EJ sees the field.

paladin warrior
12-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Good job and I am prrod Buffalo Bills owner . Amen

paladin warrior
12-27-2016, 06:11 PM
I wish Doug W and Russ is next fire end of season after Jets game