PDA

View Full Version : Rosenhaus says Mcgahee "100% ready to go"

venis2k1
07-28-2003, 09:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0728/1586681.html

:hump:

"Willis McGahee's agent insists the injured first-round draft pick is ready to begin practicing as soon as he signs a contract with the Buffalo Bills.

"He's 100 percent ready to go," McGahee's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Monday. "I think they're underestimating him. I think he's going to play for sure. And we want to get him up there to have a chance to show it.""

"Bills president Tom Donahoe disagreed. Saying that Rosenhaus is attempting to improve his position in contract talks, Donahoe added that the agent should "leave the medical opinions to the medical people.""

WG
07-28-2003, 09:48 PM
I don't believe it. It's barely 6 months post-op! That is the absolute minimum time that any credible doctor would say that his patient is even capable of resuming running and doing athletic things that are non-impact or not too strenuous.

But hey, if he thinks he's ready, then fine. Sign him, let him compete! I suppose if he's gonna be an injury concern, then it's better to find out now this season than it will be next.

When we do sign him, I'd go high end on the chance that he doesn't get hurt again, but I'd also put a hefty injury clause in there that doesn't bind us in the event that he does happen to get hurt and thereby prove his injury-proneness.

I trust TD to not give the farm away over hopes that haven't materialized. He did the same w/ Adams.

Doc
07-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Outhaus is REALLY doing his client a major disservice now. Say the Bills sign McGahee and believing Outhaus, let McGahee practice, and he blows out his knee because he came back too soon? Would it be worth ruining Willis' career just to squeeze a little more bonus money? To me that shows he cares more about the money than the player, and I only wish Willis would see that.

eyedog
07-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Rosenhaus is full of ****. He's just negotiating. He's not ready and he knows it and so does TD. No way TD puts Willis on the field at this time.

Halbert
07-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Every GM in the league is laughing at him. Dumb move. I'm very surprised.

SoCalBillsFan
07-28-2003, 10:41 PM
We are in the perfect bargaining position for Magahee. I dont care if he doesnt touch the ball all year. Let him hold out.

Doc
07-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Does anyone know when the last time a player held out the entire season and re-entered the draft the following year? I've got to believe it's barely happened in the modern era.

eyedog
07-28-2003, 10:48 PM
He won't hold out the whole year. The reason being is it keeps him one more year before he can reach free agency and the big money.

Doc
07-28-2003, 10:51 PM
I agree he won't, I'm just trying to find out if someone has done it, much less 2 guys. Holding out the whole year would be stupid because of the reasons you mentioned, and because the RB class is supposed to be deep with (healthy) RB's next year and Willis won't have played football in over a year and a half.

Demon
07-28-2003, 11:38 PM
I think this is Drew at his best again, BS'ing everyone.

Demon
07-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to let people know this is the main story on right now on Sporting News Radio on WNSA FM (or at www.sportingnews.com) on the Rick Belliou show. He said he hopes to have some Bills fans call in to see what their feeling in.

Belliou read off quotes from Donahoe and Rosenhaus and said since his show ends at 2am, he will talk about even more tomorrow night (10pm-2am).

If anyone calls in should give this site a plug :)

SABURZFAN
07-29-2003, 01:24 AM
what a joke.there's no way in hell that mcgahee is ready.i can see that this agent is going to be a continuous problem.