PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next HC??

ticatfan
12-27-2016, 01:05 PM
I will go out on limb and say trestman.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Anthony Lynn

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Who cares?

DetDannyWilliams
12-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Bills' 7 best coaching candidates to replace Rex Ryan

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bills-7-best-coaching-candidates-to-replace-rex-ryan/ar-BBxCysu?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartandhp

EDS
12-27-2016, 01:22 PM
What good coaching candidate is going to agree to come in and work with Whaley? Answer: None. So then it is just a question of how much money it takes to sign a "name" or to fabricate a candidate such as Lynn.

Ed
12-27-2016, 01:29 PM
I think it's going to be Lynn and I'm OK with that. I'm willing to bet whoever it is though, most of this board is going to be angry about it.

I think Matt Patricia would be a really intriguing choice assuming he'd even want to come here.

Thurmal
12-27-2016, 01:34 PM
What good coaching candidate is going to agree to come in and work with Whaley? Answer: None. So then it is just a question of how much money it takes to sign a "name" or to fabricate a candidate such as Lynn.
Exactly; look for a Tomsula-esque hiring.

Honestly what respectable coach would be intrigued by this sales pitch:

"Okay, you're going to work for a GM that has burned bridges with the last two coaches. He is going to butt into lineup decisions. He WILL try to shove a starting QB down your throat who isn't good enough to be a backup on most teams, solely to justify his draft position. Oh yeah, he has no accomplishments whatsoever to justify this behavior. When he isn't meddling, you will have to answer to a marketing director with zero football acumen at any level. Do you want a blue or black pen to sign the contract?"

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Todd Haley

Turf
12-27-2016, 01:53 PM
I think it's going to be Lynn and I'm OK with that. I'm willing to bet whoever it is though, most of this board is going to be angry about it.

I think Matt Patricia would be a really intriguing choice assuming he'd even want to come here.

I couldn't tolerate coming to this board if we had a coach named Patricia. It would be endless.

Jimkelly12203
12-27-2016, 02:15 PM
We're basically stuck with Whaley so you can forget about us getting the kind of strong personality that we need to fix this inept franchise.

The Pegulas in over their heads. Its nice that they bought the team and kept it in Buffalo but they really have no bloody idea what the hell they're doing.

It's going to have to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

psubills62
12-27-2016, 02:23 PM
Bills' 7 best coaching candidates to replace Rex Ryan
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bills-7-best-coaching-candidates-to-replace-rex-ryan/ar-BBxCysu?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartandhp
I'm not surprised media types putting James Franklin on these lists (when they were talking about him being fired just a few short months ago), but I'd be floored if he left Penn State.

Would be moderately surprised if the next Buffalo HC isn't Anthony Lynn. But I guess we'll see.

kingJofNYC
12-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Some ****ing castoff or bottom tier coordinator who is desperate enough to join this absolute trash organization in hopes that they can defy the odds.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Given the D2 (and I don't mean girl with double D cups unfortunately) also ran nature of this team, I'd say Jim Svoboda

Zoneblitser
12-27-2016, 03:23 PM
It's gonna be Lyn. He already sold his sole for the position by benching Tyrod and starting EJ next week.

Mr. Miyagi
12-27-2016, 03:48 PM

Honestly what respectable coach would be intrigued by this sales pitch:

"Okay, you're going to work for a GM that has burned bridges with the last two coaches. He is going to butt into lineup decisions. He WILL try to shove a starting QB down your throat who isn't good enough to be a backup on most teams, solely to justify his draft position. Oh yeah, he has no accomplishments whatsoever to justify this behavior. When he isn't meddling, you will have to answer to a marketing director with zero football acumen at any level. Do you want a blue or black pen to sign the contract?"
From many media sources Rex was the one pushing for Tyrod, not the other way around. This is why now that Rex is gone, Tyrod is promptly benched and likely let go.

thejosh213
12-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Jim Bob Cooter. Mark it down.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-27-2016, 03:59 PM
I don't think Whaley is strong enough to express his opinion on coaching search last time. Marrone made a power play and quit. Rex ran a ragtag team here in Buffalo (vs a professional team like under Belichick). Chris Brown was on Murph's show and mentioned the tying field goal also had 10 men out there and it is just the regular defense unit, not the field goal defending unit out there. To us fans and maybe even the TV crews, we saw nothing but to the people who know what is supposed to happen, this is just not professional. There is no defense on that kind of game day coaching efforts, REGARDLESS of talent. To say Rex is fired simply because of win/loss is not true. That's far from the personnel department.

EDS
12-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Jim Bob Cooter. Mark it down.

No way would he agree to the job without say in QB options.

YardRat
12-27-2016, 04:52 PM
Whoever it is better have the balls to make it clear that he needs to be a partner with Whaley and have a say in acquiring players. This 'it's my job to bring in the players and his job to coach them' can't rear it's ugly head again.

He's not on my list by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised if Todd Haley gets his second chance here, or Keith Butler gets his shot, based simply on Whaley's roots with Pittsburgh.

coastal
12-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Whaley should undo a terrible wrong and hire Schwartz to be head coach.

They also should extend Lynn as OC and name him asst HC.

paladin warrior
12-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Tom Coughlin or Mike Shannon.

sudzy
12-27-2016, 06:13 PM

Get ready for similar result. The Bills may never make the playoffs again with the Three Stooges running it.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Tom Coughlin or Mike Shannon.

I think you meant Mike Shanahan...

Tom Coughlin seems to be the man who the Bills want, and I don't blame them.

He can beat the Patriots, fix the defense, and win Super Bowls with a decent but not great QB.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 06:35 PM
http://sportsnaut.com/2016/09/report-buffalo-bills-meet-tom-coughlin/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17678808/tom-coughlin-buffalo-bills-met-several-months-ago

Tom Coughlin, Bills met 'several months ago,' agent confirms
Coughlin met with Ryan, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula, and team president Russ Brandon in South Florida "around March or early April" to discuss a role that was in line with being an active consultant. The discussions lasted about an hour.
Ryan and Coughlin traveled together after the meeting. The two soon thereafter had a phone conversation in which it was determined their pairing was not a fit, sources said.

djjimkelly
12-27-2016, 06:52 PM
schwartz or frank reich

either would make me happy and are officially my choices

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 07:02 PM
schwartz or frank reich

either would make me happy and are officially my choices

I want a HC with big time experience, and Super Bowl rings on his fingers.

I like Schwartz, and I like Frank Reich, but neither of them have the kind of experience Tom Coughlin has.

Coughlin has been there, done that, many times around the NFL block.

If the Bills want to get to the playoffs (and maybe win a Super Bowl) in 2 years or less, Coughlin is the next HC of the Buffalo Bills.

Mace
12-27-2016, 07:26 PM
HC Reich over DC Gus Bradley and OC Mike McCoy.

Mr. Cynical
12-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Perfect world? Josh McDaniels. Yeah he stunk in Denver, but so did Belichick in Cleveland. And he's been learning from The Master for years now, so he's got the pedigree. If I'm Terry, I back up the Brinks and pay him whatever he wants. Otherwise he'll never come here.

Real world? Lynn is going to stay.

Turf
12-27-2016, 08:26 PM
http://sportsnaut.com/2016/09/report-buffalo-bills-meet-tom-coughlin/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17678808/tom-coughlin-buffalo-bills-met-several-months-ago

Tom Coughlin, Bills met 'several months ago,' agent confirms
Coughlin met with Ryan, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula, and team president Russ Brandon in South Florida "around March or early April" to discuss a role that was in line with being an active consultant. The discussions lasted about an hour.
Ryan and Coughlin traveled together after the meeting. The two soon thereafter had a phone conversation in which it was determined their pairing was not a fit, sources said.

LOL well of course Coughlin doesn't "fit" with Rex. Rex is an idiot.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Perfect world? Josh McDaniels. Yeah he stunk in Denver, but so did Belichick in Cleveland. And he's been learning from The Master for years now, so he's got the pedigree. If I'm Terry, I back up the Brinks and pay him whatever he wants. Otherwise he'll never come here.

Real world? Lynn is going to stay.

I think Anthony Lynn will stay, as the OC.

Tom Coughlin likes A. Lynn.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2016, 04:04 PM
I retract my earlier statement on who the next HC is.

After how the Bills organization hung him out to dry with that press conference, I don't see how he has any desire to be involved in any capacity with those people passed Sunday.

DynaPaul
12-29-2016, 08:18 AM

No one from the Belichick coaching tree has ever had any success because they can't bring the cheating system with them. Total waste of a recommendation.

Albany,n.y.
12-29-2016, 03:03 PM
No one from the Belichick coaching tree has ever had any success because they can't bring the cheating system with them. Total waste of a recommendation.
O'Brien has done a decent job in Houston.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Here's my short list. Shanahan is my favorite and could be a sleeper as when Marone left I didn't think a "name" like Rex Ryan ever come here but he did.

Anthony Lynn
Tom Coughlin
Darrell Bevell
Jim Bob Cooter
Kyle Shanahan

Thurmal
12-29-2016, 03:24 PM
No coordinator who is decent, let alone highly-regarded, is going to coach or even interview with this team.

No QB + no say in the roster + no chance to have a harmonious relationship with the front office = NO WAY.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 03:39 PM
No coordinator who is decent, let alone highly-regarded, is going to coach or even interview with this team.

No QB + no say in the roster + no chance to have a harmonious relationship with the front office = NO WAY.

Show me that Rex didn't have input on this roster? When we signed Tyrod and Percy Harvin when Rex came abroad that screams to me that Rex had input on who Whaley brought in.