12-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Via buffalo Bills twitter.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/813832059940732928

DraftBoy
12-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Official that he will remain as the GM.

Thurmal
12-27-2016, 01:54 PM
(Doug Whaley crosses legs, clicks pen, and looks up from his notes at applicant)

"Who would you start at QB next year, and why is your choice EJ Manuel?"

Don't Panic
12-27-2016, 01:55 PM
His last chance to get it right...

Buffalogic
12-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Well him picking the coach eliminates his go to excuse. He should go get someone from the steelers.

Jimkelly12203
12-27-2016, 02:05 PM
What a joke... How stupid can the Pegulas possibly be?

WagonCircler
12-27-2016, 02:09 PM
His last chance to get it right...

No it isn't.

He's clearly totally immune from accountability.

**** this team.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-27-2016, 02:10 PM

I am staying away from this one, but look at the Sabres and get back to me.

justasportsfan
12-27-2016, 02:10 PM
I can only guess that Whaley's choice was not Rex which is why the Pegulas are absolving him from this.

I hope Russ stays out of the next hiring as well. That way we can surely say that the next coach is all on Whaley.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Well, Kim Pegula will be happy if not satisfied.

Ed
12-27-2016, 02:37 PM
It should be Whaley's choice if they're keeping him as GM. I'd much rather Whaley make the decision than the Pegulas. And at this point I don't trust the Pegulas to hire a better GM.

WagonCircler
12-27-2016, 03:00 PM
The Bills make me wanna....

PUKE.

thejosh213
12-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Didn't Russ Brandon pick Marrone? And didn't Pegula take Rex Ryan?

Mr. Pink
12-27-2016, 04:19 PM

Hey! Don't knock the Pegulas...they suck at two sports.

That takes some kind of skill.

coastal
12-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Here's the thing... the GM is ultimately supposed to be the one hiring the coach. The coach is accountable to the GM.

The President or VP of Football Ops or whatever title you want to give the higher level exec is supposed to hire the GM. The GM is then accountable to the higher level exec.

The Bills have been run like a middle school snapchat... no structure... rules... or basic decorum.

Pegs or Russ giving Whaley the green light to hire the next coach is a positive sign in terms of how an organization is supposed to be structured and run.

The problem lies in that the GM does have enough of a record for things he has been responsible for to make a determination that he isn't the right guy to trust in making that decision.

Also... the high level exec (Brandon) who is responsible for hiring the GM and structuring the organization has a decade long track record of complete ineptitude.

YardRat
12-27-2016, 05:05 PM
(Doug Whaley crosses legs, clicks pen, and looks up from his notes at applicant)

"Who would you start at QB next year, and why is your choice EJ Manuel?"

Well played...I literally lol'd.

Hopefully we can read between the lines and this statement also says 'Russ Brandon won't be involved at all this time around'.

Mace
12-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Hopefully we can read between the lines and this statement also says 'Russ Brandon won't be involved at all this time around'.

I remember when a family friend was teaching me to ride a bicycle. She'd holler "There, there ! See you're doing it !" , though I could feel her hands on the back holding me up as she trotted along behind me. I'd be amazed if Brandon's hands aren't superglued to the back of Whaley's bike. Someone has to hold him up.

WagonCircler
12-27-2016, 05:39 PM
I remember when a family friend was teaching me to ride a bicycle. She'd holler "There, there ! See you're doing it !" , though I could feel her hands on the back holding me up as she trotted along behind me. I'd be amazed if Brandon's hands aren't superglued to the back of Whaley's bike. Someone has to hold him up.

An impressive feat on Brandon's part, when you consider that his head is superglued up Pegula's ass.

Typ0
12-27-2016, 05:44 PM
I don't throw around blanket threats too often...but I swear if EJ lights up the JETS this week and ends up our starting QB next season I am done. I am actually very seriously considering getting season tickets again too....

Mace
12-27-2016, 06:03 PM
An impressive feat on Brandon's part, when you consider that his head is superglued up Pegula's ass.

They all trot along behind the bike in different positions, Pegula facing a different direction than where they're supposed to be going.

sudzy
12-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Whaley hasn't been able to get along with two HCs now. Any chance he could get along with someone set in their ways like Coughlin? In fact I think the word is out on him, viable candidates aren't going to want to come here. The only HC that is going to come here is one with no other alternatives and is willing to do what he is told.