PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bills Capologists... What do you say about this?

swiper
12-27-2016, 07:17 PM
.@ByTimGraham Only 8 teams have less cap space in '17 than Bills. Those teams have an average of 47 players signed for '17. The Bills? 36

Mace
12-27-2016, 07:30 PM
More great FO work. We'll have 41 and even less cap space when we aggravatingly re-sign Gilmore, extend Manuel, Harvin and Bush, and resign Jordan Gay.

sudzy
12-27-2016, 07:45 PM
That tells me to brace for impact Doug and Russ are in charge

TacklingDummy
12-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Cut McCoy, Gillisee/Williams can carry he load.

OpIv37
12-27-2016, 08:14 PM
McCoy's cap hit is $8,875,000. If we cut him, the dead cap is $7,875,000. We'd only gain $1 million in cap space.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

I'm with you sometimes, TD, but lately you've been living up to the "Dummy" portion of your moniker.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Dan Carpenter has a $3 million cap hit next year.

Not gonna happen after his performance this year.

Stephon Gilmore had an $11 million cap hit in 2016.

He's not going to be on the team next year after an average at best season.

(That's $14 million in cap hit savings so far...)

Kyle Williams will be 34 years old and has a cap hit of $8.3 million in 2017.

Rumor has it that he's going to retire according to his wife....

That's $24 million in cap savings.

Reggie Bush had a $1.5 million cap hit this year. I don't think the Bills are going to resign him.....

Marquice Goodwin has almost a $1 million cap hit in 2017. I like the kid, but he's injury prone and he's not a #1, 2 or 3rd slot receiver.

Corey Graham has a $5.4 million cap hit in 2017. I love Corey Graham, but he's not worth that kind of money.

Dezmin Lewis has a half million $ cap hit in 2017. Paying a practice squad player that much money is not smart.

EJ Manuel currently has a $2.8 million cap hit this year. I don't think the Bills are going to pay EJ Manuel anything in 2017.

Robert Woods had a $1.5 million cap hit this year. You damn well know some team is going to pay him more money than the Bills.

In total, that about $36 million in cap savings.

OpIv37
12-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Dan Carpenter has a $3 million cap hit next year.

Not gonna happen after his performance this year.

Stephon Gilmore had an $11 million cap hit in 2016.

He's not going to be on the team next year after an average at best season.

(That's $14 million in cap hit savings so far...)

Math fail. Gilmore is a UFA. His 2017 cap hit is 0 so he's not included in Tim Graham's figures.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Math fail. Gilmore is a UFA. His 2017 cap hit is 0 so he's not included in Tim Graham's figures.

That's $11 million (more like $15 million) the Bills won't have to pay in 2017.

Minus Gilmore, the Bills would still save about $24 million.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Doug Whaley is incompetent.

Only Kim Pegula appreciates his "role".

Turf
12-27-2016, 08:47 PM
I think with the correct coach, you want Gilmore. We can't keep letting 1st rounders walk.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 08:49 PM
I think with the correct coach, you want Gilmore. We can't keep letting 1st rounders walk.

No why in Hell is Gilmore worth top 15 CB money regardless of when he was drafted.

TacklingDummy
12-27-2016, 08:49 PM

What 1st rounders that walked are you talking about?

OpIv37
12-27-2016, 08:51 PM

Disagree. We shouldn't overpay to keep guys cuz we drafted them in the first round. We should start drafting guys in the first round who are worth keeping, even if it costs big bucks.

EDS
12-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Is that with or without Tyrod and his contract?

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 08:52 PM
What 1st rounders that walked are you talking about?

I know one phat ***** from Alabama I wish we had let walk.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Doug Whaley is incompetent.

Only Kim Pegula appreciates his "role".

Before you go bashing the Pegula's, think about how you would have nothing to post about at all, and how bored you'd be if Kim didn't convince Terry to purchase the Bills....

Stick to the subject of the thread, SLim shady.

Cap money.

OpIv37
12-27-2016, 08:54 PM
That's $11 million (more like $15 million) the Bills won't have to pay in 2017.

Minus Gilmore, the Bills would still save about $24 million.
You're completely backwards on this. He's not counted as being on the roster or in the cap. The Bills have the 8th least cap space in the league and only 36 guys under contract. Gilmore is one of those guys who are going to need to be replaced with that limited cap space.

Mace
12-27-2016, 08:57 PM

CB's tested against the spread are coming out of college in bushels. Much less adapting than the QB's who actually throw in a spread. Let Gilmore move along like they did Byrd. Want the big bucks then go earn them elsewhere.

Turf
12-27-2016, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't pay Gilmore top 15. But you have to make an effort to keep him. You know what, you're all right. **** Gilmore. I just hope we can find a replacement under 10 million. Ridiculous when you think about it.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 08:59 PM
I know one phat ***** from Alabama I wish we had let walk.

Dareus needs a father figure who is challenging, tough loving, and will instill the kind of discipline he needs to overcome his losses and become great in the NFL.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 09:04 PM
Dareus needs a father figure who is challenging, tough loving, and will instill the kind of discipline he needs to overcome his losses and become great in the NFL.

Why don't you volunteer moron?

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 09:06 PM
You're completely backwards on this. He's not counted as being on the roster or in the cap. The Bills have the 8th least cap space in the league and only 36 guys under contract. Gilmore is one of those guys who are going to need to be replaced with that limited cap space.

You. Are. Wasting. Your. Breath.

If you want a better intellectual debate, go get a garbage bag from the drawer and throw whatever hammers you have around the house into it.

Dumber than a bag of.....

TacklingDummy
12-27-2016, 09:11 PM

$108 million should be enough motivation.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 09:16 PM
$108 million should be enough motivation.

All money can buy is temporary happiness. If I lost my mom and dad at such a young age, along with every other friend and mentor I ever had, I'd give up that money in a heartbeat to bring them back in to my life...

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2016, 09:20 PM
All money can buy is temporary happiness. If I lost my mom and dad at such a young age, along with every other friend and mentor I ever had, I'd give up that money in a heartbeat to bring them back in to my life...

The difference is Dareus' family died.

Yours just moved away when you were out.

Mace
12-27-2016, 09:21 PM

I may be swinging wild here, but I suspect you have a candidate in mind Imp.

- - - Updated - - -

That was good kid, real good.

BillsImpossible
12-27-2016, 09:35 PM
The difference is Dareus' family died.

Yours just moved away when you were out.

On Christmas day, I had the amazing and blessed experience of celebrating life with both of my parents, which is something Marcell Dareus will never be able to do.

If it were not for my mom and dad, I'd be a shadow of myself today, and probably be dead.

Throughout all of the loss and suffering the Big MD has been through in his young life, it's amazing that he can manage to play professional football.

This thread is about cap money, not me or Marcell's family.

swiper
12-28-2016, 05:23 AM
McCoy's cap hit is $8,875,000. If we cut him, the dead cap is $7,875,000. We'd only gain $1 million in cap space.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

I'm with you sometimes, TD, but lately you've been living up to the "Dummy" portion of your moniker.

I think he was joking. I think.

swiper
12-28-2016, 05:26 AM
Before you go bashing the Pegula's, think about how you would have nothing to post about at all, and how bored you'd be if Kim didn't convince Terry to purchase the Bills....

Stick to the subject of the thread, SLim shady.

Cap money.

The PEgulas are horrid owners. Like you are a horrid poster.

SpikedLemonade
12-28-2016, 05:37 AM
The PEgulas are horrid owners. Like you are a horrid poster.

He had a tough upbringing.

All they left him in the cupboard to eat was 4 cans of SPAM and no can opener.

swiper
12-28-2016, 05:42 AM
So I guess looking at the picture on the can is not filling enough.

SpikedLemonade
12-28-2016, 06:15 AM
So I guess looking at the picture on the can is not filling enough.

No more than looking at a turd in the bowl does a crap sandwich make.

YardRat
12-28-2016, 06:26 AM
I'm OK with having $32mil to spend on 17 players...we don't need any big free agent splashes and the open positions are going to be filled with draft picks, UDFA's and second/third tier vet FA's anyway, so it's really not a big deal.

SpikedLemonade
12-28-2016, 06:31 AM
I'm OK with having $32mil to spend on 17 players...we don't need any big free agent splashes and the open positions are going to be filled with draft picks, UDFA's and second/third tier vet FA's anyway, so it's really not a big deal.

You are right -- we should be able to get to our usual 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 record.

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 07:13 AM
Taylor has a $15 million dollar cap hold for 2017, if his option isn't picked up you get $13 million back.

That puts the Bills at closer to $45 million to spend and in the middle of the NFL in terms of cap space.

Ginger Vitis
12-28-2016, 07:37 AM
lol epic fail of a thread... All Tim Graham and Swiper had to do was read the Bills page on Spotrac for 3 minutes...

bob86
12-28-2016, 07:43 AM
QB, CB Safety and WR are clearly big time needs. QB is a confusing mess. CB may be resolvable. Safety is completely devoid of talent and aside from Watkins every WR may be gone from this year’s team. The good news depending on the defense run, the Bills may be able to find good enough safeties and at a low price to get by. Likewise assuming Sammy is OK you can get by with some low priced young receivers.

Strangely, then the key to the Bills salary cap is Ron Darby. If you think he is a number one corner you don’t pay Gilmore or someone high priced to replace him. If you have doubts about Darby, than corner is your number one need after QB. If you think you have to spend big on CB than the numbers become much more difficult and it will be hard to field a contending team. As Carolina learned the hard way this year, you can’t go without at least one top flight CB. If you think Darby can be the one, than you focus on the QB and fill-in the rest.

EDS
12-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Taylor has a $15 million dollar cap hold for 2017, if his option isn't picked up you get $13 million back.

That puts the Bills at closer to $45 million to spend and in the middle of the NFL in terms of cap space.

True. But that cap space comes at a cost given the current players the fact that would mean replacing key contributors from this season, including:

Tyrod Taylor
Lorenzo Alexander
Zach Brown
Stephon Gilmore
Robert Woods

Strong probability those five guys alone get contracts paying them in excess of $35 million in the aggregate next year.

Ginger Vitis
12-28-2016, 09:11 AM
True. But that cap space comes at a cost given the current players the fact that would mean replacing key contributors from this season, including:

Tyrod Taylor
Lorenzo Alexander
Zach Brown
Stephon Gilmore
Robert Woods

Strong probability those five guys alone get contracts paying them in excess of $35 million in the aggregate next year.

What they are being paid in bonuses and base salary and what there cap number will be in 2017 is 2 different things... Out of the 5 players you mention I bet Gilmore and Taylor are the only 2 players whose cap Numbers in 2017 are at $ 7 million or exceed that.... That is assuming taylors option is not picked up and he is a FA

Yasgur's Farm
12-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Bills current projected available cap is ~$32.3M... http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/
Tyrod released... $13M
Kyle Williams retires... $6.8M
Aaron Williams retires... $1.7M
Corey Graham released/retires... $3.8M
Carpenter released... $2.4M
That's $60M to replace 29 players

Nothing here to whine about.

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Bills current projected available cap is ~$32.3M... http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/
Tyrod released... $13M

That's not a lot of money to replace nearly 30 players.

Yasgur's Farm
12-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Off trhe top of my head...
~6 will be rookies... $5M (some of which may not count on the top 51 salary cap number)
~4 will be higher to high paid starters... $25M
~6 will be lower paid starters... $15M
leaves 13 back-ups and role players... $10M (some of which may not count on the top 51 salary cap number)

Looks to me like $48M of the above $58M will count toward cap

If you think that's bad... See what it would be like living with Tyrod's contract.

X-Era
12-29-2016, 11:40 AM
This happens when you keep your own. Im fine with 32 in cap space. Aaron decision, Kyle retires or restructures, Crapenter is gone, Wood restructures. All set.

X-Era
12-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Tyrod released... $13M

Except Tyrod stays so 47 mill. Still plenty.